Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13500702

Subject: "Ibogaine" Previous topic | Next topic
3CardMolly
Member since Jun 08th 2007
13875 posts
Sat Mar-09-24 11:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ibogaine"

One of my brother’s has been an alcoholic since age 19, over half his life. He may also be on the spectrum. Previously my brother’s mother tried a shrooms treatment but it did not work. I heard about Ibogaine treatment last year and looking to share more info with our father. From what I’ve gathered its legal in most countries but not the US, and has worked wonders for drug addicts and alcoholics without the extreme effects of withdrawal, yet renews a profound sense of purpose to their lives.

Does anyone here know more about the treatment?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
There are places in Mexico you can go for treatment
Mar 10th 2024
RE: There are places in Mexico you can go for treatment
Mar 11th 2024
      aya is waay more accessible
Mar 12th 2024
If he is on the autism spectrum, then alcohol may be for coping...
Mar 12th 2024
I dont know if he’s had a 1-on-1
Mar 13th 2024
RE: Ibogaine
Mar 12th 2024
RE: Ibogaine
Mar 13th 2024

mind_grapes
Member since Nov 13th 2007
957 posts
Sun Mar-10-24 07:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "There are places in Mexico you can go for treatment"
In response to Reply # 0

this guy on reddit said he paid 7k out of pocket to go to a medical facility in Mexico and did both ibogaine and a synthetic version of bufo.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Ibogaine/comments/1azbm7h/ama_i_just_completed_ibogaine_and_5meodmt/

Now that sounds way too expensive for me, especially because shrooms are legal now in dc. I've done a few trips recently and its helped me stop smoking. But I was doing pretty big doses and the trips were intense.

As for your family struggling with addiction, I would most definitely try ayahuasca locally first, before having to travel for ibogaine.

3CardMolly
13875 posts
Mon Mar-11-24 06:50 PM

2. "RE: There are places in Mexico you can go for treatment"
In response to Reply # 1

Is ayahausca less harsh than ibogaine and how accessible is it?

mind_grapes
Member since Nov 13th 2007
957 posts
Tue Mar-12-24 08:50 AM

3. "aya is waay more accessible"
In response to Reply # 2

there are local groups around most cities that have aya retreats (you could probably find them through reddit and/or discord). you basically meet up in someone's garage with a bunch of strangers and then puke in a bucket. or you can do more fancier ones in south america, which are obviously going to be more expensive (but might actually be able to better help or support someone with serious addiction issues).

Now, you used to be able to just buy ayahuasca analogs online, like acacia confusa + syrian rue; but they may have closed that loophole since then.

Note: I think a lot of these aya retreats have become more popular because they are classified as religious ceremonies; which SCOTUS upheld in 2006 for the use of magic mushrooms in native american practices

https://apnews.com/article/psychedelic-churches-ayahuasca-5101fe47fe9a6e28de686272ed96ff46

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13583 posts
Tue Mar-12-24 11:20 AM

4. "If he is on the autism spectrum, then alcohol may be for coping..."
In response to Reply # 0

Society can be uniquely hellish for someone on the spectrum, and this is major reason why some turn to drugs and/or alcohol as a coping mechanism. Finding someone or a group of people to talk to and interact with that are also on the autism spectrum and can relate to his experiences is essential.

Besides autism, bipolar disorder and depression can also lead to the same coping mechanisms of drugs & alcohol.

Has he ever talked to a therapist?

3CardMolly
13875 posts
Wed Mar-13-24 11:14 AM

6. "I dont know if he’s had a 1-on-1"
In response to Reply # 4

But he has been in a couple of AA treatments, the most recent about 2-3 yrs ago and it was the kind you live at for a few months. Even more recently my brother did the shrooms piece but it didnt help either. My sis also made mention to the connection between autism and addiction.

Phenomenality
Charter member
31246 posts
Tue Mar-12-24 10:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "RE: Ibogaine"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRT8y63S/

Check the comments too

Vee is I and I am She

http://ascensionlifestyle.org
http://twitter.com/phenomenality
http://instagram.com/therealphenomenality

3CardMolly
13875 posts
Wed Mar-13-24 11:15 AM

7. "RE: Ibogaine"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13500702 Previous topic | Next topic