Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13491818

Subject: "Best and least expensive travel agencies…" Previous topic | Next topic
3CardMolly
Member since Jun 08th 2007
13820 posts
Mon Sep-25-23 04:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Best and least expensive travel agencies…"

For flight, hotel, and tour packages to Accra, Ghana?

Also what are some good/great travel agencies for visiting other parts of the world w/out breaking the bank?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
they still have travel agencies?
Sep 25th 2023
that's what I was thinking, I figure the internet rendered them obsolete...
Sep 25th 2023
IDK. I think going to a place like Ghana might be different though.
Sep 25th 2023
Perhaps they go by a different name…
Sep 26th 2023
don't know about ghana but i just found luxury escapes
Sep 27th 2023
RE: don't know about ghana but i just found luxury escapes
Sep 28th 2023
I was trying to do similar research for myself a while ago...
Sep 27th 2023
Thanks for the insight
Sep 28th 2023

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79629 posts
Mon Sep-25-23 08:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "they still have travel agencies? "
In response to Reply # 0

my brother recommended a friend who put together packages but when we talked to her she was telling us things we already researched like it was inside information.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Sep-25-23 09:56 AM

2. "that's what I was thinking, I figure the internet rendered them obsolete..."
In response to Reply # 1

>my brother recommended a friend who put together packages but
>when we talked to her she was telling us things we already
>researched like it was inside information.
>
>

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Mon Sep-25-23 11:56 AM

3. "IDK. I think going to a place like Ghana might be different though. "
In response to Reply # 1

Like it would help to have an inside person to negotiate all the bureaucratic nonsense that could happen going to African countries. I've heard stories. Not horror stories, but stories like it can take six months to get a visa, unless you know someone in which case it can take a week. That sort of thing.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

3CardMolly
13820 posts
Tue Sep-26-23 02:56 PM

4. "Perhaps they go by a different name…"
In response to Reply # 1

Like travel groups. I’m looking for one open to family vacationing in Accra, Ghana. So far Black Travel Fest and Travel Divas have trips but they seem a bit too pricey and I doubt Travel Divas is for family travel.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Wed Sep-27-23 01:00 PM

5. "don't know about ghana but i just found luxury escapes"
In response to Reply # 0

godddamm they got some nice deals at 4 and 5 star resorts/hotels. bout to use them for thailand/maldives honeymoon.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

3CardMolly
13820 posts
Thu Sep-28-23 09:39 AM

8. "RE: don't know about ghana but i just found luxury escapes"
In response to Reply # 5

will check them out, graci

shamus
Member since Oct 18th 2004
4465 posts
Wed Sep-27-23 07:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I was trying to do similar research for myself a while ago..."
In response to Reply # 0

but slacked off.

I haven't traveled with either of these companies, but Uprise Travel and Continent Tours seem to be highly rated tour operators on Trip Advisor (with recent reviews).

Per the websites, it looks like Continent Tours will assist with flights if requested. It's unclear if Uprise Travel does the same.

https://uprisetravel.com/
https://continenttours.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g479205-d15614942-Reviews-or10-Uprise_Travel-Tamale_Northern_Region.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293797-d17648131-Reviews-Continent_Tours-Accra_Greater_Accra.html

As far as other tour operators that are moderate cost, I had a good experience with G Adventures this year, but they're not going to have anything West Africa. I'm sure they'd help with flights too, but I like to do my own air.

--
the untold want by life and land ne'er granted
now voyager sail thou forth to seek and find

3CardMolly
13820 posts
Thu Sep-28-23 09:39 AM

7. "Thanks for the insight"
In response to Reply # 6

Lobby General Discussion topic #13491818 Previous topic | Next topic