Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13490292

Subject: "Dark Brandon: Won’t he do it? " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79622 posts
Tue Aug-22-23 11:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dark Brandon: Won’t he do it? "

He did..

Student Loans forgiven!!!

They gaveth and he taketh them away

all hail Dark Brandon!!!

I’m donating to his campaign

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Umm... what?
Aug 22nd 2023
I’m talking about getting an email
Aug 22nd 2023
      Link
Aug 22nd 2023
just got my refund from my student loans. Shit is unreal
Sep 12th 2023
that rules, congratulations
Sep 12th 2023
extremely nuts..when we were refinancing the house
Sep 12th 2023
jealous, but happy for you.
Sep 12th 2023
its bitter sweet in some ways.
Sep 13th 2023
Nice
Sep 12th 2023
I'd be worried that they'd claw it back somehow...
Sep 12th 2023
no give backs. I got the evidence.
Sep 13th 2023
awesome 🙂
Sep 12th 2023
Hell yea.
Sep 12th 2023
Congratulations, man...
Sep 12th 2023
jelly
Sep 12th 2023
simpin' IS easy.
Sep 12th 2023
lol, there's always one.
Sep 12th 2023
And that's called, flooding the zone with shit.
Sep 12th 2023
yeah, I didn't get a check either
Sep 12th 2023
thanks Vlad for the update 👍🏾
Sep 12th 2023
ah yes....good one!
Sep 12th 2023
      man is happy about his school loans being wiped.
Sep 12th 2023
      man, miss us with that serious shit.
Sep 12th 2023
      ^
Sep 12th 2023
      lol who's alias is this?
Sep 12th 2023
got a link to a Lockheed Martin vest I could cop?
Sep 12th 2023
The shots are unnecessary, but I appreciate the perspective
Sep 12th 2023
you mad because you paid yours off or cause you still got em??
Sep 12th 2023
nah
Sep 13th 2023
      oh.. so instead of saying congrats you decided to deep throat yourself
Sep 13th 2023
maybe u should take all that sand out ur vagina
Sep 13th 2023
      some serious chafing going on with this person
Sep 13th 2023
Celebrate as much as you want.
Sep 14th 2023
nothing is stopping anyone from going back to school
Sep 20th 2023
It’s been decades since I walked the stage
Sep 20th 2023
its the email on file with your student loans
Sep 20th 2023
      RE: its the email on file with your student loans
Sep 20th 2023
           It 100% does not apply to private loans.
Sep 20th 2023
           doesn’t work for private
Sep 20th 2023
           RE: doesn’t work for private
Sep 20th 2023
                it should, its something the admin supposedly addressed
Sep 21st 2023
                     RE: it should, its something the admin supposedly addressed
Sep 21st 2023
                          There's also a Teacher Loan Forgiveness
Sep 21st 2023
           most banks will forgive private student loans...
Sep 21st 2023

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Tue Aug-22-23 12:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Umm... what?"
In response to Reply # 0

You talking about the SAVE Plan?

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Tue Aug-22-23 12:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I’m talking about getting an email"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue Aug-22-23 12:28 PM by legsdiamond

from Mohela saying my loans have been forgiven

and they might owe me money since its dated for 12/31/2019.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Tue Aug-22-23 12:34 PM

3. "Link"
In response to Reply # 2

Mass Student Loan Forgiveness Emails Sent As Challengers Appeal To Block Debt Relief

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamminsky/2023/08/21/mass-student-loan-forgiveness-emails-sent-as-challengers-appeal-to-block-debt-relief/?sh=7fdf6db675b8

The Biden administration is implementing a sweeping student loan forgiveness initiative, with hundreds of thousands of borrowers receiving notifications in the last week that their balances have been discharged.

Meanwhile, two conservative organizations are appealing their legal challenge to a federal circuit court to try to block any further relief. Their initial challenge was rejected by a federal district court judge last week.

Here’s where things stand.

Borrowers Receive Notifications Of Student Loan Forgiveness
During the last week, over 800,000 borrowers have received emails from their student loan servicers notifying them their balances have been discharged.

“Congratulations! The Biden-Harris Administration has forgiven your federal student loan(s) listed below in full,” says the text of the standardized notice. The emails were sent directly to borrowers by the Education Department’s major student loan servicers including Nelnet, Aidvantage, and MOHELA.

The relief is being provided through the IDR Account Adjustment, a temporary initiative that allows the government to credit borrowers with past periods toward loan forgiveness under income-driven repayment plans. These plans, which tie a borrower’s monthly payment to their income and family size, typically provide for student loan forgiveness after 20 or 25 years in IDR. But many borrowers were excluded from relief or had their loan repayment periods lengthened due to longstanding administrative problems associated with IDR programs.

“This debt relief was processed as part of the Biden-Harris Administration’s one-time account adjustment because your student loan(s) have been in repayment of at least 20 or 25 years,” says the email to borrowers approved for student loan forgiveness. “An adjustment to your account updated the number of payments that qualify towards income-driven repayment (IDR) forgiveness.”

What Borrowers Should Know About Student Loan Forgiveness Under Adjustment
The student loan forgiveness emails sent in the last week confirm that borrowers will not have to pay federal income taxes on the discharged balance, although state tax treatment of this type of loan forgiveness may vary.

“Due to the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 the balance of your loans that were forgiven is not considered taxable income for federal income tax purposes” says the email. “Since state and local tax implications will vary, we recommend you contact a tax advisor for more information.”

The Education Department should update borrowers’ accounts to reflect the discharge and a new zero balance on their credit reports and on StudentAid.gov in the coming weeks.

The department will be running the account adjustment again in September and in November, so additional borrowers may qualify for student loan forgiveness before the end of the year. Borrowers who have not yet taken steps to qualify for the relief still have a limited window of time to take action.

Student Loan Forgiveness Lawsuit Dismissed, But Challengers File Appeal
Meanwhile, a group of conservative organizations tried to block the student loan forgiveness and other debt relief provided by the IDR Account Adjustment. A federal district court rejected their arguments last Monday, dismissing their lawsuit on the grounds that the groups had not demonstrated that they would incur a concrete injury directly resulting from the initiative.

But the challengers filed a notice of appeal last Tuesday, indicating that they will continue trying to block the debt relief at the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. Neither the challengers nor the Education Department have released formal statements regarding the ongoing legal battle, although the Mackinac Center for Public Policy — one of the organizations challenging the loan forgiveness program — confirmed they are appealing.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 10:51 AM

4. "just got my refund from my student loans. Shit is unreal"
In response to Reply # 0

multiple times a day I say “aye baby, guess what?”

and she screams “you aint got no student loans!!!”

Walleye
Charter member
15523 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 11:05 AM

5. "that rules, congratulations"
In response to Reply # 4

it's cool to see this pay off for people.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 11:14 AM

6. "extremely nuts..when we were refinancing the house"
In response to Reply # 5

my wife was like “your student loans are ridiculous, what are we gonna do about them”

me: “them shits gotta get forgiven”

I was joking.. then it happened.

wife is like “do mine next, predict the lottery..lol”

the fact I saw extra money AND it was deposited is fucking crazy.

PROMO
Charter member
30979 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 11:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "jealous, but happy for you. "
In response to Reply # 4
Tue Sep-12-23 11:58 AM by PROMO

i'm using my side hustle to pay off my debts right now.

my goal is to get completely out of debt (aside from student loans and last years taxes) by the end of 2024 which is basically CC's and my wife's car note.

that's gotta be an amazing feeling. congrats.

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Sep-13-23 06:23 AM

30. "its bitter sweet in some ways. "
In response to Reply # 7

got let go from my job a few weeks ago but to get this type of news while on vacation when I knew my gig was in jeopardy was a huge relief.

still have a mortgage (6 years left) and some CC debt but I put that shit on 0apr cards for the next 18 months.

we still have my wifes loans but my shit was the anchor around our necks.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 12:03 PM

8. "Nice"
In response to Reply # 4

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 12:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "I'd be worried that they'd claw it back somehow..."
In response to Reply # 4

three years from now.

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Sep-13-23 06:11 AM

29. "no give backs. I got the evidence. "
In response to Reply # 9

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 12:40 PM

10. "awesome 🙂"
In response to Reply # 4

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 01:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "Hell yea."
In response to Reply # 4

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 02:57 PM

20. "Congratulations, man..."
In response to Reply # 4

I was saving so much money during the lockdown that I went ahead and paid off the balance of my loans in 2021. I was feeling good after that move.

I wish I would have caught Biden's train but I'll dap up anyone who's able to get their loans forgiven. That's a cause for celebration.

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 03:12 PM

21. "jelly"
In response to Reply # 4

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

sevencents
Charter member
1853 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 01:09 PM

11. "simpin' IS easy."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Sep-12-23 01:11 PM by sevencents

Biden has also
* increased record spending on military and police
* awarded more off-shore drilling permits than Trump
* increased budget and abuses by ICE
* allowed the child tax credits to expire
* ignored Covid and allowed private sector to profit even more by declaring the emergency over.
* broke the rail workers strike
* set us closer to nuclear war with proxy war with Russia
* setting us closer to cold war with China
* displayed cognitive decline time and time again

this is just a little sample.....but because he is 'erasing' all your student debt, you're gonna send money to his Super PAC heavily funded campaign?

There are lots of food banks and mutual aid groups that could use help and are struggling under 'Bidenomics'....but hey, I'm sure the professional managerial class would love some more of your money.

I find majority of liberal ideology to be quite self-serving and unserious.
simpin' for corporate neo-liberal war mongers seems like it's quite easy.
just requires a lack of critical thought and/or empathy.

hoooooray status quo!

PROMO
Charter member
30979 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 01:20 PM

12. "lol, there's always one."
In response to Reply # 11

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49427 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 01:31 PM

14. "And that's called, flooding the zone with shit. "

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 01:32 PM

15. "yeah, I didn't get a check either "

shygurl
13361 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 01:41 PM

16. "thanks Vlad for the update 👍🏾"

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

sevencents
Charter member
1853 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 01:57 PM

17. "ah yes....good one! "
In response to Reply # 16

pointing out Biden's imperialist/capitalist policy = I'm Putin
this is critical thought at it's finest.

are you saying the things I listed Biden doing are false?
or is it just a deflection cause I bring up points that don't align with the liberal fairytale?

here's something that will break some of Blue MAGA's mind.
it's quite possible to say 'Fuck Biden' & 'Fuck Putin' & 'Fuck Trump' in the same breath.....just requires consistency in values.

shygurl
13361 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 02:20 PM

19. "man is happy about his school loans being wiped."
In response to Reply # 17

You come in, allegedly "progressive", trying to derail the post.

There's only one dickhead in here, and it's not any of the Biden supporters.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

PROMO
Charter member
30979 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 03:21 PM

22. "man, miss us with that serious shit."
Tue Sep-12-23 03:32 PM by PROMO

NO ONE said anything you said was wrong. we all get Biden isn't perfect and what does that have to do with legs being happy he doesn't owe thousands of dollars.

ANYONE would be happy about that.

then you talking about he gonna contribute to Biden's Super PAC???

nah, you buggin. just bammin up a joyful post for no damn reason.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 03:35 PM

23. "^"
In response to Reply # 22

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 03:52 PM

24. "lol who's alias is this? "

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 02:19 PM

18. "got a link to a Lockheed Martin vest I could cop? "

they've made your boy in Moscow almost as mad as you

almost

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14027 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 06:35 PM

25. "The shots are unnecessary, but I appreciate the perspective"

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Tue Sep-12-23 11:23 PM

26. "you mad because you paid yours off or cause you still got em?? "

sevencents
Charter member
1853 posts
Wed Sep-13-23 01:27 PM

31. "nah"
In response to Reply # 26

I paid off my student debt AND remain an advocate for FULL cancelation of student debt.
(imagine that, advocating for policy that doesn't directly effect me, but the society I live in)

What I'm mad about is that Biden has soft-shoed any major action on student loans until now, which was something he promised from day one. and while OP may have their debts erased....many people are having their payments restart again (with interest)....Biden could have extended the moratorium, but didn't....he's done the bare minimum....and it's only being done now to try and help his struggling poll numbers.

Not trying to rain on someone else's parade...def happy for the poster having their debt cancelled. I took issue with 'all hail dark brandon' and wanting to donate to his campaign for doing the least and confusing it with doing the most....maybe the praise was in jest, but the only people I hear reference Biden as 'brandon' are either Red MAGA that think Biden is the cause of everything bad.....and Blue MAGA that act like he's devoid of any criticism...I have a hard time to take either side seriously.

If expressing anti-war, anti-capitalist, and anti-police ideology somehow makes me 'Putin' or whatever knee-jerk gotcha and dismissive term folks want to throw out thinking they are witty, go for it....it's a free country (for now) ... also shows me how deeply unserious we are as a country too. The hubris will be our downfall.

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Sep-13-23 02:34 PM

32. "oh.. so instead of saying congrats you decided to deep throat yourself"
In response to Reply # 31

carry on.

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Wed Sep-13-23 01:36 AM

27. "maybe u should take all that sand out ur vagina"

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Sep-13-23 06:10 AM

28. "some serious chafing going on with this person"
In response to Reply # 27

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28848 posts
Thu Sep-14-23 05:51 PM

33. "Celebrate as much as you want."
In response to Reply # 0

But..... I'll ruin Xmas and rain on your parade later.

What's stopping someone from reducating themselves?

If technically your student loans are clear that should mean you could totally restart your education journey if you wanted to.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Sep-20-23 08:13 AM

36. "nothing is stopping anyone from going back to school"
In response to Reply # 33

and adding more debt with loans they have to pay back until they hit their forgiveness daye or pay it off.

some people go back to school and pause their payments.

the fuck you think you raining on with a post on okp? lol.

3CardMolly
Member since Jun 08th 2007
13819 posts
Wed Sep-20-23 03:30 AM

34. "It’s been decades since I walked the stage "
In response to Reply # 0

How do they know which email to send to? Also is this across the board for all with college debt? What are the specifics?

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Sep-20-23 08:11 AM

35. "its the email on file with your student loans"
In response to Reply # 34

why wouldn’t you have the correct email to get updates and notices about your loans?

3CardMolly
13819 posts
Wed Sep-20-23 11:21 AM

37. "RE: its the email on file with your student loans"
In response to Reply # 35

Cause I stopped paying what I didn’t have to begin with.
I do however still have my very first email from some 20+years ago, however I don’t recall Sallie Mae or any other educational loan service ever sending me anything.

Also does the forgiveness only work for govt loans or does it work for private loans and unpaid tuition (promissory notes) too?

stone_phalanges
Member since Mar 06th 2010
1815 posts
Wed Sep-20-23 12:34 PM

38. "It 100% does not apply to private loans."
In response to Reply # 37

someone please tell me I'm wrong.

www.anwarmorse.com
https://www.instagram.com/thereal_anwarmorse99/

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Sep-20-23 03:49 PM

39. "doesn’t work for private "

my wife had to pay through the pandemic

we have to address hers because she works in education and I feel like she should be aboe to get hers wiped away at 20 years.

3CardMolly
13819 posts
Wed Sep-20-23 06:39 PM

40. "RE: doesn’t work for private "
In response to Reply # 39

I thought educators college debt could be wiped away????

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Sep-21-23 07:12 AM

41. "it should, its something the admin supposedly addressed"
In response to Reply # 40

we need to do some investigating to figure her situation out.

Doomdata21
Member since Jul 21st 2002
1258 posts
Thu Sep-21-23 02:48 PM

43. "RE: it should, its something the admin supposedly addressed"
In response to Reply # 41

Have you tried consolidating through a federal servicer like Mohela? Something to look into. https://www.mohela.com/DL/FAQs/FAQPage.aspx/pslf-180

**Sig**
-Blackthought is the dopest emcee alive
-Uncle Sam and Santa Clause are good buddies.
-Be selfless and the world will be a better place.

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Thu Sep-21-23 03:16 PM

44. "There's also a Teacher Loan Forgiveness "
In response to Reply # 43

program on the Mohela website as well

https://www.mohela.com/DL/resourceCenter/TeacherLoanForgiveness.aspx

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

stone_phalanges
Member since Mar 06th 2010
1815 posts
Thu Sep-21-23 07:45 AM

42. "most banks will forgive private student loans..."
Thu Sep-21-23 07:45 AM by stone_phalanges

...if you die.

but not all of them.

www.anwarmorse.com
https://www.instagram.com/thereal_anwarmorse99/

Lobby General Discussion topic #13490292 Previous topic | Next topic