Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13483915

Subject: "Plastic Surgery Is More Taboo To Talk About Than Sex" Previous topic | Next topic
Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Wed May-03-23 02:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Plastic Surgery Is More Taboo To Talk About Than Sex"

its weird.

plastic surgery is more prevalent (and obvious) than ever before.

but bringing up someones appearance due to plastic surgery is some sort of violation of etiquette.

like in interviews with kim kardashian over the years...they casually/humorously bring up her marriage/divorce drama, sex life, pete davidsons dick size, her sextape, her ass...but if they were to bring up how that same ass was enhanced, or the blatantly altered appearance of her face, etc...it would be an uncomfortable subject and the host would most likely receive a ton of backlash for shaming her or some shit.

a random older interview came up on youtube and they were showing pics of her and her sisters as kids/teens. and she said something like 'not much has changed since then'...and it was just weird that everyone has to play this game lol.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
being fake is seems to be the peak sin
May 03rd 2023
RE: Plastic Surgery Is More Taboo To Talk About Than Sex
May 04th 2023
It's not "taboo," probably just on the list topics that are "off limits"
May 04th 2023
one of the moms on our baseball team is addicted to it
May 05th 2023
like the way nobody is allowed to tell lil kim she uglified herself
May 05th 2023
This is another media fueled situation
May 05th 2023
I don’t really care what people do to their face or bodies
May 05th 2023

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
84997 posts
Wed May-03-23 06:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "being fake is seems to be the peak sin "
In response to Reply # 0

its dont think its any different than the whole "natty or not" thing in the fitness community. ive had people dead lie to my face about being natural when i know who they get their shit from lol

<--- Big Baller World Order

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7005 posts
Thu May-04-23 10:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: Plastic Surgery Is More Taboo To Talk About Than Sex"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu May-04-23 10:15 AM by double 0

I think it's a business decision since many of their businesses hinge on selling an idea that "if you buy this you can look like THIS"

SKIMS, SKKN and the associated businesses

It's no different than most Tik Tok, YT Trainers selling courses or supplements for working out but neglecting the part where they are geared to the gills or just simply won the gene lottery.

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Thu May-04-23 10:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "It's not "taboo," probably just on the list topics that are "off limits""
In response to Reply # 0

Probably can't interview a Kardashian/Jenner without them agreeing to the questions beforehand.

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Fri May-05-23 10:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "one of the moms on our baseball team is addicted to it"
In response to Reply # 0

its wild how open and are free about it she is. But she has had tons of work done and you can tell. But she told us all at a team function that she has a credit card she calls her plastic surgery card. She charges a procedure and when it's paid off she gets something else. She was asking the group what she should get next. She sat there listing everything she has had done and said, my card is almost paid off and I don't know what else to get. Shit is wild

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41487 posts
Fri May-05-23 02:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "like the way nobody is allowed to tell lil kim she uglified herself"
In response to Reply # 0

she's the poster child for self-hate

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28833 posts
Fri May-05-23 02:58 PM

6. "This is another media fueled situation"
In response to Reply # 0

Youth want the nature look because those messages are forced on them by media. Older people want youth because that's glamorized in media.

An Instagram model that looked like Kim K passed away due to surgery complications recently and it saddens me. Main issue with plastic surgery is the harm it inflicts on people.

Leaving out any gender surgeries to keep this post on topic out of respect. Blac Chyna is a whole new person after getting rid of all that surgery. Let's get back to natural beauty and force media to honor it.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44805 posts
Fri May-05-23 07:16 PM

7. "I don’t really care what people do to their face or bodies"
In response to Reply # 0

I think the ones who are gratuitous with it might have some underlying disorder, or just plain poor self esteem, etc

What good comes from me shitting on them for it?

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13483915 Previous topic | Next topic