Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13483685

Subject: "The former SF Fire Commissioner who was beaten by homeless" Previous topic | Next topic
Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Thu Apr-27-23 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The former SF Fire Commissioner who was beaten by homeless"
Thu Apr-27-23 01:15 PM by Mynoriti

it's one of those stories that popped up when it was assumed the Cash App CEO was a victim of homeless violence (it was def my assumption)

The og story from a few weeks ago. After asking some homeless people to move from in front of his mother's house, he was attacked and beaten with a pipe, suffered a fractured skull and other injuries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrVfWh1QTKU
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/video-shows-ex-sf-fire-commissioner-assaulted-with-pipe-in-marina-district/

now new videos surfaced that he's likely been the guy going around SF attacking homeless people with Bear spray, and picked the wrong guy.
https://twitter.com/sfstandard/status/1651308745073508359

he was also only fire commissioner for 4 months and had to step down after a domestic violence charge.

the homeless crisis is out of control in cali, but it's a trip how stories like this play out.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Good for the homeless guy.
Apr 27th 2023
funny he can even retain/claim that title
Apr 27th 2023
      Haha exactly. A major part of the problems we face.
Apr 27th 2023
as a former homeless shelter worker in college this makes me smile
Apr 27th 2023
lol the random shit you find out about people
Apr 27th 2023
      lol damn.
Apr 27th 2023
           Cyren, let yo ass out?
Apr 28th 2023
Why do folks think they are batman?
Apr 28th 2023
lmao at some Park Slope shit..
Apr 28th 2023
California's homeless crisis is on another level
Apr 28th 2023
      man.. it was a while back but they had some serious tent cities
Apr 28th 2023
San Francisco homeless on some Double Dragon shit
Apr 28th 2023
goes without saying
Apr 28th 2023
Once you start cracking people upside the head
Apr 29th 2023

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Thu Apr-27-23 01:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Good for the homeless guy."
In response to Reply # 0

Fuck the SF FC, hope he's in pain for the rest of his miserable life.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Thu Apr-27-23 02:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "funny he can even retain/claim that title"
In response to Reply # 1

he was fire commissioner for 4 months in 2013, and had to step down in shame due to a criminal charge

i only named the post that way since it's how all the news stories did. i mean, i get it.. guy who owns a bunch of dispensaries doesn't get clicks the way a prominent title would lol

Brew
24419 posts
Thu Apr-27-23 02:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Haha exactly. A major part of the problems we face."
In response to Reply # 5

Media failures.

>i mean, i get it.. guy who owns a bunch of dispensaries doesn't get clicks the way a prominent title would lol

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79609 posts
Thu Apr-27-23 01:50 PM

2. "as a former homeless shelter worker in college this makes me smile"
In response to Reply # 0

homeless folks are treated like shit..

and yes, some of them are truly assholes but most are just out there minding their business or off their meds

also reminds me of my homie I grew up with who was a volunteer fire fighter. Dude started setting vacant houses and buildings on fire and would put them out trying to play hero so he could get hired full time. Did like 3 years in jail for that shit.

Saw him last year at Juneteenth and another friend told me that story. I had no idea.. lol.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Thu Apr-27-23 02:26 PM

3. "lol the random shit you find out about people"
In response to Reply # 2

unrelated but i just found out this dude i used to work with was a crazy klepto. like he couldn't walk into a store without stealing something. he didn't need to, and he was just this nerdy white guy no one would suspect. except he didn't have a goal in mind. he was just on that Marie Schrader.

>also reminds me of my homie I grew up with who was a volunteer
>fire fighter. Dude started setting vacant houses and buildings
>on fire and would put them out trying to play hero so he could
>get hired full time. Did like 3 years in jail for that shit.
>
>Saw him last year at Juneteenth and another friend told me
>that story. I had no idea.. lol.

Brew
24419 posts
Thu Apr-27-23 02:28 PM

4. "lol damn."
In response to Reply # 3

>unrelated but i just found out this dude i used to work with
>was a crazy klepto. like he couldn't walk into a store without
>stealing something. he didn't need to, and he was just this
>nerdy white guy no one would suspect. except he didn't have a
>goal in mind. he was just on that Marie Schrader.
>
>>also reminds me of my homie I grew up with who was a
>volunteer
>>fire fighter. Dude started setting vacant houses and
>buildings
>>on fire and would put them out trying to play hero so he
>could
>>get hired full time. Did like 3 years in jail for that shit.
>
>>
>>Saw him last year at Juneteenth and another friend told me
>>that story. I had no idea.. lol.

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Fri Apr-28-23 12:14 AM

7. "Cyren, let yo ass out?"
In response to Reply # 4

Fock

Should have thrown away the key.

: )

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Fri Apr-28-23 07:54 AM

8. "Why do folks think they are batman?"
In response to Reply # 0

Dude really thought he was doing justice going around harassing the homeless.

Man I don't LOVE having homeless people on my block. They are mostly harmless and some times if they ask me and I am in the right mood and have it on me, I give them a few dollars.

But I do hate the aggressive ones and I hate seeing them post up like they own the block. It was hilarious because this young white druggy couple was on my block and the block associations had fits about what to do about it. Someone eventually told them to scram and they left a scathing note behind. It was some park slope shit.

I guess I land on the side of the mayor who wants to have the ability to make it easier to commit folks who are habitually homeless. It sounds heartless but it also feels like ignoring the problem to do nothing.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Apr-28-23 08:07 AM

9. " lmao at some Park Slope shit.. "
In response to Reply # 8

this explains a lot.

My sister used to live on 6th and President.

Loved that neighborhood. Used to call it Mixed Slope because all the interracial couples lived in Park Slope in the 90’s.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Fri Apr-28-23 03:24 PM

10. "California's homeless crisis is on another level"
In response to Reply # 8

LA's always had a large homeless population. SF too but i've never seen anything like the last few years, and it seems to keep getting exponentially worse.

but i feel you on the batman thing. fuck this big doofus. beating well deserved.

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Apr-28-23 03:47 PM

11. "man.. it was a while back but they had some serious tent cities"
In response to Reply # 10

Northeast is too cold to have homeless people like Cali.. especially LA.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Fri Apr-28-23 05:59 PM

12. "San Francisco homeless on some Double Dragon shit"
In response to Reply # 0

Dude that got attacked seems like a POS that got back the energy he put out. I get that.

That caveat aside, ain't no way I'm cool w/ violent homeless (and possibly mentally ill and/or drug addicted) dudes strapped with lead pipes posted up outside my mom's house.

fif
Member since Feb 23rd 2004
2000 posts
Fri Apr-28-23 09:38 PM

13. "goes without saying"
In response to Reply # 0

that pepper spraying people on the sidewalk is a terrible thing to do.

i don't condone that in any way. but i understand the problem. a couple blocks down for me late last summer and into the fall there was a guy camped on the strip of grass between the street and the sidewalk. he was clearly mentally ill, on some do drugs and horde useless shit mission: there was his tent and then his ever-expanding junkyard of shit. had been a big tent camp nearby but this is a quiet stretch of street--he was about 20 yards from a small bar, a bakery and right next to an old apartment building. i'd walk by, sometimes he'd be screaming at people, sometimes smoking or shooting up by himself or with his buddies, a few times some do-gooder idiot who lives in the building would be out there humming aummm with him. so i had him clocked as a nuisance, potentially dangerous if I (or, more my concern: a woman) crossed his patch of sidewalk at the wrong moment.

well, guy's been camped out for 2 maybe three months, one night i'm walking home with groceries, say hey to a guy i know drinking on the patio of the bar...--how ya been? --that motherfucker hit ___
I look at ____. above his eye, he's got a two golfball sized bump. the homeless guy swung on him with a golfclub for no apparent reason.

cops had come, homeless guy and his friend ran off.

curious everyone's take on what happened next, i'm not still not sure how I feel about it.

someone who lives nearby walked home, grabbed lighter fluid, soaked the homeless guy's tent and shit down and torched it all.

ever since the guy has been set-up about a half mile away, in a more industrial area, not on my pleasant stretch of neighborhood. so the vigilantism worked. repeated calls to the police did not.

again, pepper spraying homeless people is another tier of fucked up. but what about torching their shit when they are endangering (and actually assaulting) your neighbors and the police do nothing?

it has made my life a bit better having him gone. but it seems like it shouldnt have to be like this.

i think this can be hard for people who don't live in places where homlessness is an actual, oh fuck did i just step in human shit again, kinda problem.

what to do?

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Sat Apr-29-23 07:03 AM

14. "Once you start cracking people upside the head"
In response to Reply # 13

You gotta go

Golf club dude is lucky he didn't take any bodily damages

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13483685 Previous topic | Next topic