Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13475759

Subject: "Happy New Year Steven Tyler! Next up on that Summer Jam screen. " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Fri Dec-30-22 08:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Happy New Year Steven Tyler! Next up on that Summer Jam screen. "

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/steven-tyler-sexual-assault-minor-lawsuit-1234653817/

They went back to the 70’s for this one.

Steven Tyler Accused of Sexual Assault of a Minor in New Lawsuit Over a Decades-Old Claim
Julia Holcomb claims the Aerosmith singer, who is not named in the suit, engaged in a sexual relationship with her in the mid-1970s, starting when she was 16 years old

A WOMAN WHO claims to have had an illicit relationship with Steven Tyler in the Seventies when she was a minor has filed a lawsuit against the Aerosmith singer, accusing him of sexual assault, sexual battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. The lawsuit was filed following California legislation that temporarily waived statutes of limitations for childhood sexual abuse allegations.

In the suit filed in Los Angeles and obtained by Rolling Stone, the plaintiff Julia Holcomb alleges that Tyler convinced Holcomb’s mother to grant him guardianship over her when she was 16 years old, which consequently allowed her to live with him and engage in a sexual relationship. She claims they were together from 1973 until about three years later. The suit itself doesn’t name Tyler, naming the defendants as Defendant Doe 1 and Does 2 through 50. But Holcomb — who Rolling Stone mentioned in a 1976 profile of the band in reference to Tyler’s romantic life — has been public about her experience with Tyler in the past, and the lawsuit directly quotes from Tyler’s own memoir. In his book, without stating a name, Tyler similarly says he “almost took a teen bride” and that “her parents fell in love with me, signed a paper over for me to have custody, so I wouldn’t get arrested if I took her out of state. I took her on tour with me.”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Couldn’t they get half the rockers from that era on that?
Jan 12th 2023
….just half?
Jan 12th 2023
….just rockers?
Jan 13th 2023
fr. this aint news at all
Jan 12th 2023
Is this a new/different young girl?
Jan 12th 2023
i'm sure he did this.
Jan 12th 2023
This thing where they take custody of minors seems to have been a thing
Jan 12th 2023
Remember the pre me too baby groupies discussion?
Jan 13th 2023
It was the 70’s!!!!
Jan 13th 2023
The crazy part is how Elvis slips under the radar every time.
Jan 13th 2023

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Jan-12-23 07:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Couldn’t they get half the rockers from that era on that?"
In response to Reply # 0

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43739 posts
Thu Jan-12-23 07:51 PM

4. "….just half?"
In response to Reply # 1

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8099 posts
Fri Jan-13-23 09:41 AM

9. " ….just rockers?"
In response to Reply # 4

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Thu Jan-12-23 08:01 PM

5. "fr. this aint news at all"
In response to Reply # 1

<--- Big Baller World Order

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Thu Jan-12-23 07:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Is this a new/different young girl?"
In response to Reply # 0

I remember hearing a lonnnng time ago he was involved so much fuckery with young gals that he opened a center to abused women to try to make amends

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu Jan-12-23 07:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "i'm sure he did this. "
In response to Reply # 0

but...was this even illegal back then?

also, this seems hard to prove.

but yeah, i have no doubt he did this. this was "thing" back then that a lot of famous men did.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Thu Jan-12-23 09:30 PM

6. "This thing where they take custody of minors seems to have been a thing"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel like Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Ted Nugent did this at some point too - in some cases just married kids to make it 'legal'. Someone even signed over custody of their child to Kells.

I feel like in each of these cases the parents need to be sued and prosecuted as well.

Rock'n'Roll has always been full of creeps, but 60's and 70's were some kind of glory days for that kind nastiness.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49397 posts
Fri Jan-13-23 09:04 AM

7. "Remember the pre me too baby groupies discussion?"
In response to Reply # 0

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12956056&mesg_id=12956056&listing_type=search

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Fri Jan-13-23 12:49 PM

10. "It was the 70’s!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Castro
Charter member
50749 posts
Fri Jan-13-23 09:36 AM

8. "The crazy part is how Elvis slips under the radar every time."
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13475759 Previous topic | Next topic