Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13475649

Subject: "Rented a Chrysler Pacific for the holiday road trip" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 09:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Rented a Chrysler Pacific for the holiday road trip"

it was all they had besides a Suburban and I had no desire to drive that monstrosity thru downtown ATL.

My wife has always swore that we would never be that family with a minivan..

but ummmm, yeahhhhh.. lol

by the end of this trip we were both humbling admitting that the features, engine, etc were pretty fucking incredible… and this wasn’t even one with a ton of extra features. Everyone who road with us during the holidays was like “oooh, they got this right here? I can change the climate in the back from the back??”

being able to have 7 people in a van all feeling comfortable??? lol.

as we pulled in at the house to unpack she says “next time we rent a car, lets try to get one of these”

kids loved it too because they had their own chairs AND had a backseat (3rd row)

so I apologize to anyone I joked in a minivan thread, I have seen the light. Still want that Genesis hybrid but will have to test it against one of these minivans at a similar price point.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
oh yeah, i'm a minivan mafia member.
Dec 28th 2022
we got one on a recent trip too
Dec 28th 2022
My MIL has a Lexus with the third row
Dec 28th 2022
      I think the only SUV I have seen that is comparable to a minivan
Dec 28th 2022
That's why I got the Ford Flex
Dec 28th 2022
nah i can't do it. prolly will never have kids for that reason. lol
Dec 28th 2022
lol, SO many better reasons not to have kids.
Dec 28th 2022
oh i got more. they all resolve around me being selfish and wanted
Dec 28th 2022
man that's the reason I would want to have kids
Dec 28th 2022
      well another reason to not get a minivan!
Dec 28th 2022
my sister refuses to be a minivan mom and I'm just like...
Dec 28th 2022
plus all these new minivans got fob controlled automatic doors and shit.
Dec 28th 2022
it puts life on EZ mode man
Dec 28th 2022
I was walking away from that joint double tapping both doors
Dec 29th 2022
      yup. point that fob over your shoulder...
Dec 29th 2022
I feel her.. I really do
Dec 29th 2022
      As far as I've seen it's the Pacifica.
Dec 29th 2022
      from everybody I talk to it's the Pacifica and then there's everything e...
Dec 29th 2022
      It really is the Pacifica's moment...
Dec 29th 2022
      I’m team Toyota so it’s definitely the Sienna for me.
Jan 01st 2023
I see now how the station wagon was so easily phased out of the market l...
Dec 29th 2022
Yeah, but that magnum wagon is tough.
Dec 29th 2022
      I wanted a Magnum SRT more than words could express...
Dec 29th 2022
      RE: Yeah, but that magnum wagon is tough.
Dec 30th 2022
great for moving people AND stuff. 2nd and 3rd rows stow into floor
Dec 30th 2022
Can't front, its very well made...
Dec 31st 2022
I had a Honda Odyssey for a few years and it was the shit
Dec 31st 2022
I couldn't do it.
Dec 31st 2022
Haha I been tellin everyone for years, minivans are the shit.
Jan 01st 2023
yea my wife was dead against it......i just had her humor me
Jan 03rd 2023

PROMO
Charter member
30966 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 10:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "oh yeah, i'm a minivan mafia member."
In response to Reply # 0

i don't have one, just because i don't have the need for a vehicle that size. but if i did? i've driven a handful of nice ones and that was before the "features". i'm talking about nice just off power, accel, handling, etc.

i used to have a job quite awhile ago where i had to drive a late 00's Honda Odyssey. that is one of the smoothest whips i've ever driven.

my first car was a plymouth voyager, but it was an 80s one so not so nice...but i think the nostalgia of it being me first always made me open to them as far as something i could see myself driving.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 10:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "we got one on a recent trip too"
In response to Reply # 0

definitely better than most SUVs for moving people around. We grew up with minivans, they were never as nice as the current Pacifica's but there was always plenty of space.

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 11:20 AM

3. "My MIL has a Lexus with the third row"
In response to Reply # 2

rides smooth and has that high end feel but the 3rd row is a joke.

My SIL has a Pacifica but it has the center unit on the ceiling for the TV monitor. I busted my head on that joint getting into the back. It felt cramped as hell but without it I felt like it had great space for adults in the back.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 11:26 AM

4. "I think the only SUV I have seen that is comparable to a minivan"
In response to Reply # 3

is the Traverse. It doesn't have as many features but it has the space.

3rd rows on SUVs are usually only for the smallest of kids.

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 12:11 PM

5. "That's why I got the Ford Flex"
In response to Reply # 0

Third row, fits seven, although the last row is a bit tight in legroom. Not a lot of punch off the line but the big beast can cruise with the best of them.

It saved me from getting a minivan TBH

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59180 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 03:06 PM

6. "nah i can't do it. prolly will never have kids for that reason. lol"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm out here looking for luxury suv as we speak. I love Ranges but i hear they suck

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

spades
44258 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 03:10 PM

7. "lol, SO many better reasons not to have kids."
In response to Reply # 6

but I feel you.

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Cenario
59180 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 03:26 PM

8. "oh i got more. they all resolve around me being selfish and wanted "
In response to Reply # 7

to stay that way.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 04:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "man that's the reason I would want to have kids"
In response to Reply # 6

minivans are fire

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Cenario
59180 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 04:17 PM

11. "well another reason to not get a minivan!"
In response to Reply # 9

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 04:06 PM

10. "my sister refuses to be a minivan mom and I'm just like..."
In response to Reply # 0

why struggle with a 3-row SUV when you can just have a van???

PROMO
Charter member
30966 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 05:45 PM

12. "plus all these new minivans got fob controlled automatic doors and shit."
In response to Reply # 10

because the doors open along the side, don't have to worry about your kids banging the car next to you when the door swings out and shit.

man, you ain't gotta do shit w/ kids when you got a new or new-ish minivan, lol. just make sure they got their seatbelts on while they watch cartoons (cuz all the nice ones got tv's and shit that come right with em).

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Wed Dec-28-22 07:06 PM

13. "it puts life on EZ mode man"
In response to Reply # 12

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 03:19 PM

19. "I was walking away from that joint double tapping both doors"
In response to Reply # 12

in slow motion like a set off a bomb

so convenient

PROMO
Charter member
30966 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 04:18 PM

22. "yup. point that fob over your shoulder..."
In response to Reply # 19

and be walking away like Angela Bassett in Waiting To Exhale.

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 10:07 AM

14. "I feel her.. I really do"
In response to Reply # 10

but I’ve had a 3 row SUV and that 3rd row is horrible in most SUV’s.

Now I’m looking at other minivans and wondering who got that fire? Is it Honda? Toyota?

Which Minivan is THEEE minivan of all minivans?

I never thought it would be me and real talk, I prolly will lean towards an SUV because its only 2 kids but we were impressed. I could even see us with an SUV and a Minivan for our next 2 cars.

spades
44258 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 10:16 AM

15. "As far as I've seen it's the Pacifica."
In response to Reply # 14

My sister gets one when she comes into town. They nice.

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 10:50 AM

16. "from everybody I talk to it's the Pacifica and then there's everything e..."

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 11:03 AM

17. "It really is the Pacifica's moment..."

Honda had it for a second with the newly designed Oddysey. Toyota Sienna still staying relevant. Kia Carnival is out there, but fuck is it is expensive. There's a brother that goes to my gym. Looks about my age, gray in the beard. Dude looks like the cat playing in the new Creed movie, lol...he rocks a Pacifica Type S. White with black wheels and black interior. Joint looks like a race car. I be wanting to stop him, like...bro, lemme look inside your van. LMAO.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sun Jan-01-23 11:26 PM

29. "I’m team Toyota so it’s definitely the Sienna for me. "

But I’m also very Toyota loyal, it’s all I’ve ever driven. I’m sure there are also other very nice options out there, but we’ll likely never own one of em. To me Toyotas drive better than anything else.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 11:15 AM

18. "I see now how the station wagon was so easily phased out of the market l..."
In response to Reply # 0

Re: the minivan backlash among our generation

We all grew up riding in Dodge caravans and Chrysler Plymouth’s. When we became adults with kids there was no way lol. I can see how that happened with the station wagon kids of previous generations.

Every millennial parent I can think of has a crossover or SUV of some kind. They’re sleek and look cool or whatever. But we could definitely use more room

Maybe the current kids of today will bring them back haha

spades
44258 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 03:52 PM

20. "Yeah, but that magnum wagon is tough."
In response to Reply # 18

I'd almost be more willing to get one of those than a minivan.

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 04:15 PM

21. "I wanted a Magnum SRT more than words could express..."
In response to Reply # 20

but, at the time they were hot, I didn't have the money. The last iteration was only made for 4 years...so they dried up, QUICK. By the time I legit had the money...if you did find a clean, used one it had a GRILLION miles on it. Damn, I wanted one, though!

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Fri Dec-30-22 07:59 AM

24. "RE: Yeah, but that magnum wagon is tough."
In response to Reply # 20

yeah those look great. Would have to see the inside of one for the space

nonaime
Charter member
3117 posts
Fri Dec-30-22 06:24 AM

23. "great for moving people AND stuff. 2nd and 3rd rows stow into floor"
In response to Reply # 0

Me and the Misses do a lot of vendor events. Being able to turn the van into a cargo van and access stuff through the sliding doors is fantastic. (back in the day, the seats used to be removable. it was a pita to try to align things correctly when putting back in)

Not to mention the fact that everyone is tall in the clan, they have plenty of space in that third row.

We went all out when we upgraded our Town and Country to a Pacifica a couple years ago. It performs much better than the T&C did.

~~~~~~~~
A bad Samaritan averaging above average men (c) DOOM

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Sat Dec-31-22 12:26 PM

25. "Can't front, its very well made..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Dec-31-22 12:26 PM by CyrenYoung

..top to bottom: best bang for you buck.

If you're planning on putting in work (hauling family or small workloads), this vehicle does it with ease and comfort unmatched in its class (and many others).

Mini vans were never on my radar, but years of using them for work has certainly helped build respect for the design and practical approach.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Castro
Charter member
50749 posts
Sat Dec-31-22 01:31 PM

26. "I had a Honda Odyssey for a few years and it was the shit"
In response to Reply # 0

It wasn't even a new new joint, but it was clean and ran like a champ (that Accord V6). And I stayed moving folks stuff with it.

------------------
One Hundred.

tariqhu
Charter member
17889 posts
Sat Dec-31-22 03:37 PM

27. "I couldn't do it. "
In response to Reply # 0

luckily, my wife was on the same page and we never had occasion to try one out.

I'm sure they're dope. even that Kia Carnival.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sun Jan-01-23 11:20 PM

28. "Haha I been tellin everyone for years, minivans are the shit. "
In response to Reply # 0

Our 06 sienna finally wore itself out this year and we copped a 17 sienna in September. They’re so dope as a family vehicle. You really can’t get a better ride as far as comfort, practicality, space etc. I fully support the minivan. They’re so dope to ride in.

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Tue Jan-03-23 10:35 AM

30. "yea my wife was dead against it......i just had her humor me"
In response to Reply # 0

got a Pacifica Hybrid the next day we test drove
kids dont know another way to travel

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen