Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13475564

Subject: "Talkin' shop on a Monday (Holiday Edition)" Previous topic | Next topic
spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Tue Dec-27-22 09:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Talkin' shop on a Monday (Holiday Edition)"

Man oh MAN did I enjoy that little bit of time off.

What'd y'all get for the holidays? Those that celebrate, of course.

Did you take any time?

How much work do you have to catch up on?

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I could use a week off lol
Dec 27th 2022
Took the fam on an 8 day cruise...
Dec 27th 2022
I been toying with the idea of a vacay for Xmas instead of gifts.
Dec 27th 2022
Wife and I went to Jamaica 12/5 to 12/11.. that was our gift to each oth...
Dec 29th 2022
I'm off this week.
Dec 29th 2022
good luck with the test
Dec 29th 2022
      daps
Dec 29th 2022

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Tue Dec-27-22 11:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I could use a week off lol"
In response to Reply # 0

I had fun but it would be nice to rest instead of coming to this empty warehouse just to browse the net. I do have some work but I could had probably finished it last week. Going to aim to wrap it up today. Get tomorrow off, come in for no reason Thursday then back next Tuesday.

We did a white elephant and I got the fist pick so I had to decide if I keep my gift or keep the game going. I was fine with what I got but they wanted to keep it going so I stole the gift I brought which was a model of Da Vinci's helicopter. I had hope people weren't into it so I could steal it guilt free lol. It was stolen from me by my nephew which was fine because he ended up getting 3 gifts that were for people who drink and he doesn't drink lol I ended up with the first gift which was a couple of trivia games. There really wasn't anything else I wanted more.

I did also get a Micah Parsons jersey a video game and a couple of records. Not bad. We did two gift exchanges and weren't supposed to get any extra gifts for others. Some didn't stick to it. The only extra gifts I bought were for kids.

I did by myself a lot of stuff lol

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Tue Dec-27-22 12:32 PM

2. "Took the fam on an 8 day cruise..."
In response to Reply # 0

from 12/3-12/11. We basically said that was gonna be our Christmas. Came back from the cruise to 199 emails and 6 voicemails...even though I clearly set my VM up to say I would be out of the office from 12/2 to 12/13 and gave the numbers to call for immediate assistance...smh. Christmas Eve and Day we just chilled. Wife and I ran through that Best Man series on Peacock, in one day. Wife made a big breakfast on Christmas morning followed by an even bigger dinner that night. We ain't go nowhere and didn't have any visitors...and it was perfect, lol.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

spades
44258 posts
Tue Dec-27-22 12:48 PM

3. "I been toying with the idea of a vacay for Xmas instead of gifts."
In response to Reply # 2

You just made that shit sound glorius. I might just pull the trigger next year.

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 09:55 AM

5. "Wife and I went to Jamaica 12/5 to 12/11.. that was our gift to each oth..."
In response to Reply # 2

back at the grind and not feeling it this week. I cashed out 2 days of PTO instead of rolling them over or using them for today and tomorrow. I kinda wish I just used them and chilled but I’m using that money to pay for christmas.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tariqhu
Charter member
17893 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 09:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I'm off this week. "
In response to Reply # 0

still have to check my phone because shit could blow up, but nothing has really happened.

so I'm studying for a test that I'm taking tomorrow. I feel somewhat ready, but definitely got more work to put in today.

the down side of this test is that I won't get a score until the official exam is released next spring. I'm taking a beta version. it's a good $50 investment whether I pass or fail. If I don't pass, I'll try again with the real exam and have the job pay that $400.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

spades
44258 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 10:17 AM

6. "good luck with the test"
In response to Reply # 4

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

tariqhu
Charter member
17893 posts
Thu Dec-29-22 01:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "daps"
In response to Reply # 6

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Lobby General Discussion topic #13475564 Previous topic | Next topic