Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13475162

Subject: "Talkin' shop on a Monday" Previous topic | Next topic
spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 11:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Talkin' shop on a Monday"

Anybody still in the office?

lol

Most of the higeher ups are out, so I'm playing double duty today. I don't know WHY I didn't call out (probably because I'm a workaholic...)

I did take Friday off and I'm gonna relax, go to my favorite little bougie spot, have a nice little lunch, may even get a massage. I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

What y'all on?

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm coming in most of the remaining days
Dec 19th 2022
I'm in til Thursday.
Dec 19th 2022
yikes
Dec 19th 2022
      my wife’s engine light came on right before our vacation
Dec 19th 2022
      i did my inspection a month ago
Dec 19th 2022
           that sounds like it might be a fuel leak.
Dec 19th 2022
                i think you hit it on the nose
Dec 20th 2022
                     sounds like a win for $20 lol
Dec 20th 2022
      thanks!
Dec 19th 2022
Here every day until Friday
Dec 19th 2022
Going back on Wednesday.
Dec 20th 2022

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 12:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm coming in most of the remaining days"
In response to Reply # 0

I get the 26th off and I'm taking the 30th off. I have 10 hours of PTO left, gotta see how can I use them up lol

Production is shutting down next week but admin can work. My coworker who is taking vacation time next week kept telling me to ask the boss if we are working from home next week. Um what why do YOU care??

I'm pretty sure most admin will get to work from home but our boss isn't about that life. I sent him an email saying that she wanted me to ask lol

A while later he sent an email to our department saying that he has been asked several times and that yes we are working in the office.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 02:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I'm in til Thursday."
In response to Reply # 0

doing a half day and then off til 1/2.

my car decided it needed some attention last night. had to be towed home. now won't move at all. might cost about a grand to fix.

perfect timing to spend money on car shit when I just spent money on xmas and my wife's bday

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

mista k5
16414 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 04:28 PM

3. "yikes"
In response to Reply # 2

my boss missed some time last week cause the water pump on his truck failed while on the highway.

my check engine light came on today (seems to be running fine *fingers crossed*)

hopefully your repair comes out less than you expected.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79607 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 04:36 PM

5. "my wife’s engine light came on right before our vacation "
In response to Reply # 3

and my heat ain’t working right in my car. Only works on high but I know it aint working right because it barely gets warm. Thank goodness for seat heaters and being in the south.

and we both need inspections before the mew year. We been like “fuck them cars” but we have to address it soon.

that check engine light always comes on a week before inspection.

but we still aint buying new cars anytime soon. Cheaper to keep’em

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
16414 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 04:50 PM

6. "i did my inspection a month ago"
In response to Reply # 5

it failed because of the gas cap. i was like wtf does a gas cap have to do with anything???? lol i went over to the parts store and dude was telling me i should just have a mechanic check it out. it was probably faulty equipment at the inspection place. i figured it was cheaper and less of a hassle to just replace the cap. i wonder if this is all related though. from what i remember about the recall is that it has to do with the fuel system and giving false errors.

ive never had a check engine light turn on except for when i blew the engine out on my first car lol

i did get a cooling system flush when i got the inspection/oil change. i was hoping that was all the money i was spending on the car for a few months.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 05:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "that sounds like it might be a fuel leak."
In response to Reply # 6

gas cap is the place to start. hopefully that's the solution.

if you have a scanner, you can run the codes to get some idea before hitting the repair shops.

I bought one on amazon. it just a little bluetooth box that connects to the odbc. then I can run the codes on my phone. you might be able to clear code and get a clean inspection, which might by you some time on any repairs.

mista k5
16414 posts
Tue Dec-20-22 10:43 AM

9. "i think you hit it on the nose"
In response to Reply # 8

it could be the gas cap. the mechanic basically was saying that. he did get rid of the check engine light.

i did pass the inspection after replacing the cap but i probably need to buy a better one.

either way i expect the repairs to be free since it is under warranty.

i paid the mechanic $20 to check it and im okay with that.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Tue Dec-20-22 10:51 AM

10. "sounds like a win for $20 lol"
In response to Reply # 9

that warranty should come in handy once you go in.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 04:56 PM

7. "thanks!"
In response to Reply # 3

this is the first issue I've had with the car, so I'm not too mad. it's incovenient, but I'm not too mad.

the mechanic came by the house to look at it. that was a big help. didn't have to miss work at all.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79607 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 04:32 PM

4. "Here every day until Friday"
In response to Reply # 0

I could take Friday or Tuesday off (we have monday off for the holiday) so I chose Tuesday.

Going to ATL this weekend for Christmas with the fam.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Tue Dec-20-22 11:41 PM

11. "Going back on Wednesday."
In response to Reply # 0

I had to use or lose time, and my counterpart is out for the rest of the year on Thursday. I’m hoping it’s light.

Anybody know which (read: highest paying) route to take on getting into a tech boot camp?

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Lobby General Discussion topic #13475162 Previous topic | Next topic