Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13474210

Subject: "Talkin' shop on a Monday" Previous topic | Next topic
spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44257 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 10:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Talkin' shop on a Monday"

Got a one on one with the CFO today. Part of our regular supervision / development.

I know I'm good, but I'm still nervous. lol I hate that shit.

I'm burnt. I NEED a vacation, or maybe a staycation.

I really dig this place, it's supportive. but I could make another 20% easy.

I'm really torn.

What y'all on?

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Where do you see yourself in five years is a dumb ass question
Dec 05th 2022
I looked up and didn't know anybody
Dec 05th 2022
some time away is very necessary.
Dec 05th 2022
Where you thinking about going?
Dec 05th 2022
      when I take my last few days after xmas, it'll be a staycation.
Dec 06th 2022
I don't feel like I got my away time for Thanksgiving as I hoped
Dec 05th 2022

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 01:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Where do you see yourself in five years is a dumb ass question "
In response to Reply # 0

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10981 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 02:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I looked up and didn't know anybody"
In response to Reply # 0

Been with the same company/group of attorneys for 15+ years. I work out of the 'satellite' office in downtown DC. Main office is in Friendship Heights/Chevy Chase. I had worked with the same receptionist/scheduler/opener since 2004, and she left just before the pandemic hit to work with DC Gvmt. Can't blame her. Meanwhile, the company cycled through 4 other employees before settling on the 5th that's here for now. Every time it's starting from scratch as far as how things work in the office. So many recipes lost, I tell you..

Meanwhile, they hired two other attorneys to work in the downtown office. Ostensibly this is so they don't have to come down here (most of the attorneys live in Bethesda, so they are minutes from the main office, and coming downtown has always been a scheduling dance). While the new attorneys know something, I don't think they quite get how things actually work here, and there's a good deal of either they will figure it out or I'll show them the way, which is a bit above my paygrade.

In short, everybody I started with or worked with is either at another office or left the company. I rather work at home, but there's some things I need to physically put my hands on (and have to, since there's a new crew down at my office that I can't quite trust to pull stuff for me). Coming to DC just feels like work, as there's nobody really to talk with past small talk.

I feel very much like Ron Swanson when April left the Parks Department.

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 03:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "some time away is very necessary."
In response to Reply # 0

I just came back today. been out since the Tuesday before turkey day. needed it because I was fried.

trying to figure out my next steps. looking forward to some growth and a comfort/confidence in what I'm doing.

I'm sure your meeting will go well.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44257 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 04:20 PM

4. "Where you thinking about going?"
In response to Reply # 3

Right now my short list is
PR
DR
Mazatlan.

It'll probably end up being Mazatlan, becuase I'm only gonna take a couple of days off. looking like a 4 day weekend thing.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Tue Dec-06-22 07:44 AM

6. "when I take my last few days after xmas, it'll be a staycation."
In response to Reply # 4

not sure when I'll/we'll go anywhere.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 05:23 PM

5. "I don't feel like I got my away time for Thanksgiving as I hoped"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-05-22 05:27 PM by mista k5

I both felt like I didn't get anything done or get rest. I did feel a bit more refreshed coming back to work but it left me wanting.

I am taking a 4 day weekend to visit my mom for her bday this weekend.

I have to deal with listening to my coworker due her seductive voice when talking to her new bf for a few hours per day and I am not with it. I might just get up and walk out next time it happens lol

Work: so many projects finally coming in and it's all at the same time. Of course as I get close to some days off more of it comes in. I got it mostly under control. Meaning what I can control is under control but some things are waiting on other people so I just gotta hope the timing works out when it comes in.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13474210 Previous topic | Next topic