Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13473212

Subject: "GOP using failed midterms to try to get Trump off their necks" Previous topic | Next topic
PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 12:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"GOP using failed midterms to try to get Trump off their necks"

So many people going on record now saying he needs to step aside.

I don't think it's going to work lol. He'll happily destroy them before becoming a team player.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Only way to make him go away is if DeSantis wins the nom.
Nov 14th 2022
Absolutely.
Nov 14th 2022
I just want to see them all eat each other
Nov 14th 2022
^^^^
Nov 14th 2022
This is the monster they created and they're stuck with him
Nov 14th 2022
"Hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on its head"
Nov 14th 2022
If DeSantis gets the nomination and wins (big if) Trump is done.
Nov 18th 2022
it's great. suddenly i hope he lives longer
Nov 14th 2022
lol
Nov 14th 2022
Talking heads are one thing.
Nov 14th 2022
Who would you rather have running as the R in 2024?
Nov 14th 2022
A clean DeSantis v Biden? DeSantis in a landslide
Nov 14th 2022
      no republican president is winning in a landslide.
Nov 14th 2022
      *looks at calendar* lol
Nov 14th 2022
      Yeah, you're out of your mind
Nov 14th 2022
      i think he'd win pretty handily
Nov 14th 2022
      if there were 50 states of Florida I would agree
Nov 14th 2022
ron desantis is fools gold like scott walker in wisconsin.
Nov 14th 2022
Remember when Jeb Bush was inevitably going to be President?
Nov 15th 2022
      Jeb Bush could have been president if fiftyleven ppl weren't running
Nov 15th 2022
           Jeb has all the charisma of a bunion.
Nov 18th 2022
welp that didnt last long.
Nov 15th 2022
Most people outside FL (and political news watchers) don't know DeSantis...
Nov 15th 2022
Mike Pence waiting two years to denounce Trump is comedy.
Nov 15th 2022
Seriously hilarious. Dude is such a pud. But ABC was all too happy ...
Nov 15th 2022
You are aware he's pushing a book, right?
Nov 15th 2022
      how would he promote it if Trumps candidates won big? lol
Nov 15th 2022
      There's that, and then ...
Nov 15th 2022
           the thing is up until Jan 6th wasn't he in on everything 45 was doing?
Nov 15th 2022
           Of course. That's why this rehab tour is a fucking joke.
Nov 16th 2022
           it's hard to say the guy who tried to have you killed
Nov 15th 2022
                lol
Nov 16th 2022
That probably won't work, at least not anytime soon
Nov 15th 2022
he appeals to 2 different extremes, the top and the bottom of society..
Nov 15th 2022
RE: That probably won't work, at least not anytime soon
Nov 16th 2022
and away we go
Nov 15th 2022
this country is embarrassing.
Nov 16th 2022
      Yep.
Nov 16th 2022
CNN finally got their foil back…officially
Nov 15th 2022
Man, fuck them. They better keep waving them trump Flags
Nov 21st 2022

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 01:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Only way to make him go away is if DeSantis wins the nom."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Nov-14-22 01:39 PM by Teknontheou

Even if he (Trump) wins the nomination and then loses again to Biden, that wouldn't be enough. He has to lose the nomination.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 01:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Absolutely."
In response to Reply # 0

>I don't think it's going to work lol. He'll happily destroy them before becoming a team player.

And hopefully that happens. The repugs should reap what they sowed. Fuck em all. I hope he creates the MAGA party and splits the 2024 vote.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44838 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 02:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I just want to see them all eat each other"
In response to Reply # 0

I hope this is a long, brutal, bloody knife fight, brimming with casualties.

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 02:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "^^^^"
In response to Reply # 3

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 02:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "This is the monster they created and they're stuck with him"
In response to Reply # 0

Even DeSantis getting the nomination wouldn't make him go away. Trump didn't get into this for party or country, he wants the power, adulation, and most of all, money. Even if he doesn't get the nomination, I think there's a pretty high likelihood of him running as a third party candidate with MTG, He needs to keep the grift going.

The most "plausible" options I've heard for making him step to the side include many forms of bribery: agreeing to pay his legal fees if he gets indicted, letting him continue to hold his rallies and raise money even if DeSantis got the nomination, promising him that he can be the Governor of Florida, kissing his ass for the entirety of the GOP convention as the "Godfather of the Party."

And I still don't see any or all of that combined as doing the trick. He doesn't want to be seen as the King Maker; he wants to be the guy who pardons the turkey on Thanksgiving.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 02:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. ""Hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on its head""
In response to Reply # 4

(c) Tyrion

"king maker" is the obvious smooth offramp for him, but nothing is ever not messy and chaotic with that guy

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Nov-18-22 02:08 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
39. "If DeSantis gets the nomination and wins (big if) Trump is done."
In response to Reply # 4

He would then have to primary DeSantis in 2028 when he'll be 82. Unless a potential DeSantis first term is a complete disaster the normie Republican voters and alot of former MAGA voters will stick with DeSantis.

I don't think they all necessarily worship him - they mainly want to win. If they see they can win without him they'll do that.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 02:32 PM

5. "it's great. suddenly i hope he lives longer"
In response to Reply # 0

they're all dying to dump him and latch on to shiny new DiSantis but it's not gonna be that clean

Cult45 may shrink but it's not going away. Scott Baio may jump ship to RD, but Jon Voight ain't going nowhere.

it's funny and sad watching these spineless goons pretend he's a problem just now.

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5186 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 02:32 PM

6. "lol"
In response to Reply # 0

Yep even got Candace Owens backing away slowly.

https://www.businessinsider.com/candace-owens-donald-trump-rude-change-her-mind-about-him-2022-11

---------------------------
Signature

Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 02:50 PM

8. "Talking heads are one thing."
In response to Reply # 0

When the Republican Presidential nomination comes around, it'll be the voters/the Republican masses that'll decide ultimately if Trump goes away, not television talking heads. Outside of actually agreeing with him, I'm under the assumption 90% of Republicans currently in office still show Trump support because the Republican masses still give him support.

I wonder if establishment talking head Republicans trying to kick dirt on Trump will perversely result to right leaning folks to support him more.

All the above is assuming of course the man isn't behind bars, which I pessimistically think is a long shot, but I suppose time will tell.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13191 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 02:51 PM

9. "Who would you rather have running as the R in 2024?"
In response to Reply # 0

Trump or DeSantis? Moreso, which do you think Biden has a better chance of beating?

My initial thought was that a lot of Trump voters are Trump loyalists and are only excited about politics when Trump is on the ballot or at least actively telling them to vote for a candidate, so if Trump isn't on the ballot, assuming the dem voters (see: Gen Y and Z) still show up in droves, it should be an easy victory.

But then I think about how many "never Trump" voters on the Republican side there were who either voted for Biden begrudgingly or just sat out entirely in 2020 because they hated both candidates would be DeSantis votes in 2024 and make it harder for Biden. It's clear that momentum is on DeSantis' side and the party is starting to favor him and being vocal about it.

Massachusetts lets Independents choose their ballot in the primary, so I'm thinking about grabbing a Repub ballot just to vote DeSantis and helping the Fuck Trump 2024 cause before it gets too far.

My hope is that DeSantis wins the nom and Trump threatens to run as a 3rd party. Probably too good to be true though. But even if his name isn't on the ballot, assuming he doesn't end up endorsing DeSantis, you know a whole bunch of MAGA voters are going to write him in cause to those crazies Trump >>> Party/Country/Themselves

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 03:31 PM

11. "A clean DeSantis v Biden? DeSantis in a landslide "
In response to Reply # 9

Clean meaning Trump doesn't burn DeSantis and the GOP down before he gets to Biden

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 03:42 PM

13. "no republican president is winning in a landslide."
In response to Reply # 11

its increasingly doubtful any would even win the popular vote again in our lifetime.

desantis is more extreme than trump. nowhere near the same charisma or machismo as him. or the same populist or archie bunker type culture appeal to the rust belt white working class voters.

and desantis is about to push/sign a stricter abortion ban in florida. how do you think thats gonna play out nationwide after what you just saw these midterms?

the economy is gonna be better, the crime rate is gonna decrease, and americans are gonna see how batshit a republican house majority is. all things that biden and dems will run on.

repubs couldnt even make significant gains under some of the worst historical inflation in our history and a president near the bottom of his popularity.

what makes you think they could win 2024 in a landslide with less favorable conditions?

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 03:50 PM

14. "*looks at calendar* lol"
In response to Reply # 13

I think DeSantis could get broad Republican support. He's not offensive so he can appeal to the Republicans turned off by Trump's personality (i.e. the suburbs).

Although his policies might be more extreme. His presentation allows him to come off as a moderate. I've seen him called a RINO a lot.

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 03:57 PM

15. "Yeah, you're out of your mind"

Yeah, DeSantis could win, but there's no way it would be a landslide. Despite the "narrative," he's not a known quantity outside of Florida, where his "Land of Do Whatever You Please" shit plays well. Otherwise, he backs all the same unpopular policies as Trump, but without the cult of personality.

There's no indication that anything about his policies are popular in a state like PA, which he'll absolutely have to carry to win, much like Michigan or other swing states.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 04:32 PM

16. "i think he'd win pretty handily"

but a lot could happen in 2 years.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 05:08 PM

17. "if there were 50 states of Florida I would agree "

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Reeq
16347 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 03:34 PM

12. "ron desantis is fools gold like scott walker in wisconsin."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Nov-14-22 03:56 PM by Reeq

the repub/media establishment said scott walker was the future of the republican party for his rise as a conservative star in wisconsin (a template they thought the party would follow nationwide).

he was relegated to the kiddie debate 2nd stage in 2016 and his political career was completely over 2 years later.

the repub/media establishment said paul ryan was gonna be a generational leader for repubs in the house like pelosi was for the dems. he became majority leader for the 1st time in 2016 and two years later he was on the board at the fox company lol.

desantis is all the trump culture war shit but without the trump attachment to the white working class nationwide. his extreme right wing fl politics will also push away a lot of moderate suburban folks.
and hes a frail whiny pussy when confronted.

desantis is already refusing to fight back against trumps attacks on him. but the high road doesnt work in republican politics. their base sees that and automatically thinks weakness.

polls about the 2024 nomination have dropped after election day and desantis has been barely up on trump...at the height of desantis popularity. that aint gonna cut it.

once trump (and his allies) start relentessly assaulting desantis and talk about his height, his days as a high school teacher, his days in congress, etc...the dream is over. dude will get exposed as the paper tiger he is.

then all of republican politicians who have been shitting on him for the past week will fall right in line and say the most important thing to do in 2024 is unite behind the nominee and stop joe biden lol.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 08:15 AM

19. "Remember when Jeb Bush was inevitably going to be President?"
In response to Reply # 12

Dude lasted 3 minutes on stage with Trump.

If DeSantis was smart, he will sit this one out and let Trump flame out and run with a clean slate 2028. He is young enough to do it.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 08:25 AM

20. "Jeb Bush could have been president if fiftyleven ppl weren't running "
In response to Reply # 19

Jeb or any other generic candidate.

Trump was winning 2016 primaries with like 30% support. While the other 17 candidates were splitting the rest.

If the GOP were smart (and really want Trump gone), they will limit the number of candidates some how.

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Fri Nov-18-22 10:17 AM

38. "Jeb has all the charisma of a bunion."
In response to Reply # 20

I don't think that was ever gonna work. We all just got caught up in name recognition, but name recognition isn't everything.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Reeq
16347 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 06:55 AM

18. "welp that didnt last long."
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1592480054201946113

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 08:34 AM

22. "Most people outside FL (and political news watchers) don't know DeSantis..."
In response to Reply # 18

Of course Trump would be leading a head to head right now.

But there's also this poll. I don't trust it because I think the Club for Growth is just trying to get Trump out the paint. But it's a poll nonetheless

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/14/club-for-growth-steps-trump-relaunch-desantis-00066820

Iowa
Ron DeSantis (R): 48%
Donald Trump (R): 37%

New Hampshire
Ron DeSantis (R): 52%
Donald Trump (R): 37%

Florida
Ron DeSantis (R): 56%
Donald Trump (R): 30%

Georgia
Ron DeSantis (R): 55%
Donald Trump (R): 35%

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5628 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 08:26 AM

21. "Mike Pence waiting two years to denounce Trump is comedy."
In response to Reply # 0

Dude literlly waited until after the results and party turned on Trump to finally do a sit down interview dissing Trump. Peak coward behavior.

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

Brew
24419 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 09:59 AM

23. "Seriously hilarious. Dude is such a pud. But ABC was all too happy ..."
In response to Reply # 21

... to give him a platform for his rehab tour. Fuck it all I hate this place.

Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 10:04 AM

24. "You are aware he's pushing a book, right?"
In response to Reply # 21

He's trying to pump up his royalty fees from his upcoming book. If he truly felt indignant at Trump literally putting his life in danger, Pence should have sat down for the Jan 6th committee hearings and fully expose Trump for the slime ball he truly was and is.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 12:38 PM

25. "how would he promote it if Trumps candidates won big? lol"
In response to Reply # 24

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Brew
24419 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 01:43 PM

26. "There's that, and then ..."
In response to Reply # 24

>Pence should have sat down for the Jan 6th
>committee hearings and fully expose Trump for the slime ball
>he truly was and is.

In the one clip I saw from his rehab tour on ABC he was asked point blank if - based on what Pence himself said and what the J6 Committee has uncovered about Trump's involvement - Trump should be able to be president again if he runs. Pence paused like the piece of shit that he is, and, like the piece of shit that he is, smirked, and said "I think the american people should decide." Like the piece of shit that he is.

Fuck that dude forever and ever and ever.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 01:53 PM

28. "the thing is up until Jan 6th wasn't he in on everything 45 was doing?"
In response to Reply # 26

Brew
24419 posts
Wed Nov-16-22 09:53 AM

34. "Of course. That's why this rehab tour is a fucking joke."
In response to Reply # 28

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 06:48 PM

30. "it's hard to say the guy who tried to have you killed"
In response to Reply # 26

shouldn't be president of the united states

give him a break

Brew
24419 posts

35. "lol"
In response to Reply # 30

Walleye
Charter member
15521 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 01:53 PM

27. "That probably won't work, at least not anytime soon"
In response to Reply # 0

His personality and method may be politically idiosyncratic, but he tapped into a very real voter base and, more importantly, managed to engage a pretty slippery donor base - a petite bourgeoisie that:

a)doesn't rely on immigrant labor and can afford to be hawkish on that front

b)doesn't send its kids to public schools and can afford to tear down that institution

c)isn't beholden to traditional American foreign policy interests for the success of their business (or doesn't believe themselves to be)

d)isn't served by the traditional GOP pandering to the interests of giant corporations (or, again, doesn't believe themselves to be)

People keep noting that the argument on the right at the moment is miming the usual argument on the left: the radical flank of the movement is threatening a stable American political synthesis and will cost the mainstream candidates, and therefore the party, a solid foothold. But that observation is true in the particulars as well, that the political movement that Trump wrangled is one that can't necessarily be counted on to show up for conventional GOP candidates. If the GOP wants him gone, they can't just excise him abruptly without alienating a lot of support that they really need. And the additional problem is that those guys are already rich, so they're not as easy to scare with the threat of electoral loss. I mean, they're already scared all the time - of women, of people who aren't white, of gay people, of their kids hating them, etc. but those fears have mostly solidified into a political identity. They don't expect Trump to fix those problems, they only expect him to legitimize their fear.

That's not really saying anything though. Reaction never goes away; it just mutates. The lifelong Democrats right now that are starting to get nervous about their property values or starting crying and gnashing their teeth because their kids had to stay home from school during COVID are going to be ripe targets for Republicans who want to turn down the volume on the craziness, and a not small amount of suburban ones will flip the moment their material comfort risks being sacrificed to help somebody else not be miserable.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 02:25 PM

29. "he appeals to 2 different extremes, the top and the bottom of society.."
In response to Reply # 27

rich folks don't care what he says as long as they have a fellow rich guy looking out for their financial interests.

And poor rednecks in the south that are mainly low information voters and just think he's cool.

McLaren212
Member since Jun 15th 2005
412 posts
Wed Nov-16-22 03:06 PM

37. "RE: That probably won't work, at least not anytime soon"
In response to Reply # 27

Well stated.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 09:29 PM

31. "and away we go"
In response to Reply # 0

Reeq
16347 posts
Wed Nov-16-22 12:31 AM

33. "this country is embarrassing."
In response to Reply # 31

Brew
24419 posts

36. "Yep."
In response to Reply # 33

liveguy
Member since Jan 01st 2004
8002 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 10:33 PM

32. "CNN finally got their foil back…officially"
In response to Reply # 0

I bet they love it and will talk more about Trump than they do Biden for the foreseeable future.

If enough GOP start to get vocal enough in dissent, he might just peel away and go independent or create his own party.

I’m crossing my fingers he does this and makes the GOP eat themselves.

We see through all that boo boo like it's ghost shit... (c) Quelle Chris

| http://liveguy.bandcamp.com |
| www.soundcloud.com/liveguy |
| www.twitter.com/liveguy |
| www.instagram.com/theREALliveguy |
| XBOX ONE GT: theREALliveguy |

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Mon Nov-21-22 12:20 PM

40. "Man, fuck them. They better keep waving them trump Flags"
In response to Reply # 0

A neighbor down the street, since early 2016 has had a trump inspired flag with an American flag, loser took it down after the midterms. If I had any kind of relationship with, him I'd ask about it. He even had one that said trump 2024, no more bullshit.

seems like bullshit. fucking loser.

¿If a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

Lobby General Discussion topic #13473212 Previous topic | Next topic