Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13472364

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 01:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
A lot of people I love seem to be going THROUGH it
Nov 02nd 2022
This is dead on.
Nov 02nd 2022
They dealt with a reality I cant even imagine
Nov 02nd 2022
Holy shit that was good.
Nov 02nd 2022
      Like we just forgot 2020? Hustleman culture couldn’t go a week
Nov 02nd 2022

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22248 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 08:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "A lot of people I love seem to be going THROUGH it"
In response to Reply # 0

But then also surprised that they’re going through it.
Like … nothing has changed about this machine in hundreds of years. Everything is set up to extract to maximum from you until you push back and then it will extract a pound of flesh or more to teach you a lesson or make an example of you.
And now in 2022 it’s even worse

Adulthood in 2022 is having the world of problems moving at you at the speed of technology and people still treating you
1. Like you pick cotton to survive and
2. Like the skillset require to navigate this is the same as picking cotton.

You gotta be your own IT for you home phone, internet, cable, computer, remember dozens of logins just to pay bills, be your own customer service, your own financial person, filter your own news, be your own personal chef, nutrionist, therapist, friend, professional advisor … and that feels like only half. Im ranting at this point.

I don’t see how anyone would be dealing with this shit in any kind of healthy way.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49336 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 08:50 AM

2. "This is dead on. "
In response to Reply # 1

"You gotta be your own IT for you home phone, internet, cable, computer, remember dozens of logins just to pay bills, be your own customer service, your own financial person, filter your own news, be your own personal chef, nutrionist, therapist, friend, professional advisor … and that feels like only half. Im ranting at this point."

I just keep peace knowing that the ancestors dealt with far worst.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 09:07 AM

3. "They dealt with a reality I cant even imagine "
In response to Reply # 2

My biggest trouble right now is the paradox of being aware. The more you’re aware of this shit the less you’re able to respect it. The old adage of ignorance is bliss doesn’t apply because so much bad shit is just playing in our faces. And now we’re forced to accept shit that on every level we know is wrong, seems immutable, but really isn’t.

The villains in this time want you to feel hopeless. They want the problems to seem so vast that we pay for their solutions. Meanwhile they’re the ones causing the problems.

------

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44256 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 10:16 AM

4. "Holy shit that was good."
In response to Reply # 1

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 11:24 AM

5. "Like we just forgot 2020? Hustleman culture couldn’t go a week"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed Nov-02-22 11:27 AM by MEAT

Without being bailed out. All of these global mechanisms of leveraged debt and exploitation had their pants dropped on them. I aint forget that.
Same culture that raises the prices and offloads the labor to the customer. Fuck that noise.
Game is game. But you not gonna sit here telling me I’m not keeping up.

------

Lobby General Discussion topic #13472364 Previous topic | Next topic