Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13469546

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Sep-28-22 05:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
covid med leaves the nastiest taste but that shit works FAST
Sep 28th 2022
I do not like that Memphis Female Rap Voice.
Sep 28th 2022
i genuinely thought she was trans.
Sep 30th 2022
Glorilla got Gotti behind her and she nice. She set
Sep 30th 2022
      'nice' is a reach lol.
Sep 30th 2022
      I think Ice Spice dad is a rapper.
Sep 30th 2022
To be very clear....
Sep 30th 2022
      this is basically all these newer 'hot' rappers.
Sep 30th 2022
It’s tough to figure out exactly how to enjoy comfort/success
Sep 28th 2022
I think that mentality can be a sickness
Sep 30th 2022
I just tossed like two years worth of food from the freezer
Sep 29th 2022
women say things like “you couldn’t survive without us”
Sep 30th 2022
My wife moves stuff all the time
Oct 04th 2022
My wife moves stuff all the time
Oct 04th 2022
and that nut really thinks I’m another OKP with the Asian wife
Sep 30th 2022
a random okp on here keeps talking to me like im an immigrant.
Sep 30th 2022
      lmao, well if they say it enough times its true
Sep 30th 2022
      i dont even remember calling him white lol.
Sep 30th 2022
           nigga.. smh
Sep 30th 2022
      bro, what????
Sep 30th 2022
           i cant call it fam.
Sep 30th 2022
                lol, dude just going through everyone Raekwon track...
Sep 30th 2022
                     Ha.
Sep 30th 2022
                     This is a *great* hip hop joke
Oct 01st 2022
                          *tips cap*
Oct 02nd 2022
Pleasantly surprised by lack of Trump flags
Oct 02nd 2022
girl i know took her trump flags camping
Oct 04th 2022
This is seriously the worst thing MTV ever did.
Oct 04th 2022
Oct 04th 2022
      odd. DOes this work?
Oct 04th 2022
           yes
Oct 04th 2022

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Wed Sep-28-22 09:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "covid med leaves the nastiest taste but that shit works FAST"
In response to Reply # 0

my coworker is a health nut tho..

talking about inferred lights and vitamin D. She replied “oh, so the medicine works”

come on woman.. lol.

This is like her 3rd or 4th time with this shit. No wonder.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Wed Sep-28-22 09:21 AM

2. "I do not like that Memphis Female Rap Voice. "
In response to Reply # 0

See Glo-rilla. Like cram to understand why they want to make their voice deep like a dudes. Nevermind the name Glo-rilla.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 07:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "i genuinely thought she was trans. "
In response to Reply # 2

not just the voice but the entire look.

either way...her and that ice spicee chick clearly have someone behind them throwing a bag around to heat their career up.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 08:18 AM

7. "Glorilla got Gotti behind her and she nice. She set"
In response to Reply # 6

Ice Spice just fine af. She can’t rap for shit lol

<--- Big Baller World Order

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 08:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "'nice' is a reach lol."
In response to Reply # 7

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 02:12 PM

21. "I think Ice Spice dad is a rapper. "
In response to Reply # 7

Someone on twitter said she isn't a one hit wonder, she is a one verse wonder.

Which is funny because she has like 5 different videos of her doing the same verse on her IG.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 09:44 AM

13. "To be very clear...."
In response to Reply # 2

I'm not, at all, attempting to compare her to the artist I'm about to mention...only that they are both lady rappers, with a harder side to them. As a HUGE fan of Young MA, I (on the recommendation of a friend) listened to some of Glo-Rilla's stuff. I basically came away with one opinion...she don't rap worth a damn. That shit sucks, lol. She's barely on beat and she don't really say shit.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 09:54 AM

17. "this is basically all these newer 'hot' rappers."
In response to Reply # 13

>I'm not, at all, attempting to compare her to the artist I'm
>about to mention...only that they are both lady rappers, with
>a harder side to them. As a HUGE fan of Young MA, I (on the
>recommendation of a friend) listened to some of Glo-Rilla's
>stuff. I basically came away with one opinion...she don't rap
>worth a damn. That shit sucks, lol. She's barely on beat and
>she don't really say shit.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Wed Sep-28-22 09:38 AM

3. "It’s tough to figure out exactly how to enjoy comfort/success"
In response to Reply # 0

One of my main group chats is a group of hometown friends, some from HS and some I met after I came back from college. Maybe once or twice a month the days topic is promotions, raises, goals they’re seeking. We all eating, everybody pretty much got a life they would dream of when we were 22. And I kind of struggle to understand how they still have the hunger to be like “200k a year ain’t enough I’m trying to get to 300k” “X title here isn’t enough I’m ready to bounce if I don’t get another promotion in 6 months”. And I feel like it’s largely an ego thing more than anything.

Now I’m in sales, I’m always trying to make more money. There’s more of a direct correlation to input/output to what I do. But I never just feel like openly thirsty for that next account, or that next promotion. I’m not the stereotypical sales person at all. I don’t really get fulfillment out of dollars, cents and titles like that. The relationships I create from my job and seeing the end point of what I sell is more fulfilling to me.

I spend a lot of my time wondering what do I want to do with it. Who do I want to be. Just trying new things, random things. Seeking out experiences. The job is kind of an afterthought to me.

Idk I’m just rambling as I sit here and see if I want to answer any of these emails today or if they can wait until tomorrow.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Doomdata21
Member since Jul 21st 2002
1258 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 08:40 AM

9. "I think that mentality can be a sickness"
In response to Reply # 3

Not judging at all since I know that pull. I tell myself that me and mine are doing good and go back to improving the self in other ways besides monetarily. I look at the billionaires and think that at that level, there's some grotesqueness to wanting even more without giving much back relative to what they hold.

Enjoy what you have for sure.

**Sig**
-Blackthought is the dopest emcee alive
-Uncle Sam and Santa Clause are good buddies.
-Be selfless and the world will be a better place.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Sep-29-22 11:19 AM

4. "I just tossed like two years worth of food from the freezer"
In response to Reply # 0

I didn’t even want two years of food. Two years ago they started shutting shit down and I got buckled down for a months worth of surviving … because we were going to “stop the spread and bend the curve”

And then white people went WILD

They hoarded everything to the point of causing shortages, even though they were the people that most likely already had and could afford to find

Then they just got wilder because they had to be inside for any period of time and lost control over other people

Then when we found out that Black people were hit the hardest (Mexicans in food processing too but that wasn’t reported) they went even wilder demanding their freedom … virus be damned

Then with their freedom they demanded the freedom to spread the virus

All to say … I started off at a reasonable pace of … let’s have enough to get through this … then it became … we may not get through this … then it became … these people are functionally unable to deal with this shit and they will come for my shit the second they can’t get theirs .. and so every week we just kept a small reserve stock of things we didn’t consume that week as a just in case plan.

And that’s insane

When going through the food I remember the thought process that went into a lot of purchases and it allowed me to reflect both on who I am and why my response to so much of life has been … no real way to say it … but the kind of person that strategically accumulates two years worth of food in case of emergency

I’m a person that’s watched people not have things because they didn’t have money, and then watched things be consumed that ultimately killed them because that’s affordable … sugar is more affordable than fruits and veggies, alcohol is more affordable than anything except water, bad housing is more affordable than places with trees etc.

And basically I just have turned into “survivor man” (tm) for life things. “Randomly” accumulating skills and knowledge because I need to know the value of what I’m consuming … and then this pandemic turned that behavior up to 1000. Because then it became learning the tools and knowledge of things I NEED to consume to survive and provide.

I value ALL of the skills I’ve developed over my lifetime. But it’s also important for me to share that knowledge and access to loved ones. But fucking hell

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 07:05 AM

5. "women say things like “you couldn’t survive without us”"
In response to Reply # 0

and prove it by moving shit around the house and then getting mad where you ask where stuff is.. lol.

“why don’t you just look for it”

smh

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4550 posts
Tue Oct-04-22 02:55 PM

"My wife moves stuff all the time"

She tells me the new location once then gets mad if I don't remember when I ask about it weeks or months later

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4550 posts

29. "My wife moves stuff all the time"
In response to Reply # 5

She tells me the new location once then gets mad if I don't remember when I ask about it weeks or months later

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 08:38 AM

8. "and that nut really thinks I’m another OKP with the Asian wife"
In response to Reply # 0

and drives a Subaru (which isn’t a car Black people supposedly drive)

I guess I should let my Black wife know about my interracial marriage?

white dudes who fake like they are Black all online are weird af

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 08:45 AM

10. "a random okp on here keeps talking to me like im an immigrant."
In response to Reply # 8

i think dudes says a different country every time.

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 08:59 AM

12. "lmao, well if they say it enough times its true"
In response to Reply # 10

in their minds

I will say you were the one who said dude was white and he never denied it so I run with it when he talks about “our culture”

somehow I acquired a white/asian wife and a Subaru.

and its such a weird response.

me: you still white?
him: dont you drive a certain car model and have a wife?

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 09:47 AM

15. "i dont even remember calling him white lol."
In response to Reply # 12

idk if hes white or not.

there was a phase when i was just replying to people with 'aint you white?' when i didnt feel like going back and forth with them.

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 11:45 AM

19. "nigga.. smh"
In response to Reply # 15

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 09:45 AM

14. "bro, what???? "
In response to Reply # 10

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 09:52 AM

16. "i cant call it fam."
In response to Reply # 14

iono if dude got me confused with someone else or what. but i asked him what he was talking about the first 2 times he did it. he never answered so i just ignore when he does it now.

last time i was panamanian i think. who knows what it will be next time.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 09:55 AM

18. "lol, dude just going through everyone Raekwon track..."
In response to Reply # 16

to come up with new nationalities, lol. "Guyanese niggas at Popeyes, wildin!!"

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 12:37 PM

20. "Ha."
In response to Reply # 18

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Sat Oct-01-22 05:09 AM

22. "This is a *great* hip hop joke"
In response to Reply # 18

Well done.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Sun Oct-02-22 02:52 PM

24. "*tips cap*"
In response to Reply # 22

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Sun Oct-02-22 12:53 PM

23. "Pleasantly surprised by lack of Trump flags"
In response to Reply # 0

I drove from San Diego to Yosemite on the CA 99 and 41 and saw 1 Trump flag. Last year on the same drive there must have been 50 or more.

Drove back down 395/I15 and saw a total of 2.

They might still love him but they've stopped advertising it.

Also east county San Diego has many fewer flags too.

Maybe it's because he's not running and the loss was 2 years ago, or it may be they're embarrassed right now. Whatever it is I'm glad to not see them.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Tue Oct-04-22 02:29 PM

26. "girl i know took her trump flags camping"
In response to Reply # 23
Tue Oct-04-22 02:34 PM by Mynoriti

hadn't seen her in forever outside of fb and she never really posts political stuff, but it was a safe assumption which way she leaned

her and her man, and their friends had their flags like planted in their campsite and are posing with them

shit was just goofy. it's like they went camping just so they could pose with the flags lol.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Tue Oct-04-22 01:41 PM

25. "This is seriously the worst thing MTV ever did. "
In response to Reply # 0

We might have too much outrage culture today, but it feels like we are making up for letting shit like this slide.

https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkx6PfqO1GMFa7UcHPlZysxI9LXe5F1eQK-

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5187 posts
Tue Oct-04-22 02:34 PM

27. "404"
In response to Reply # 25

Is the link working ?

This page isn't available. Sorry about that.
Try searching for something else.

---------------------------
Signature

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Tue Oct-04-22 02:50 PM

28. "odd. DOes this work?"
In response to Reply # 27
Tue Oct-04-22 02:51 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

https://youtu.be/y2RdXa8OoAw?t=156

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5187 posts

30. "yes"
In response to Reply # 28

this works

---------------------------
Signature

Lobby General Discussion topic #13469546 Previous topic | Next topic