Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13465524

Subject: "Talkin' shop on a Monday" Previous topic | Next topic
spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Mon Aug-01-22 09:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Talkin' shop on a Monday"

2 new hires start today. I'm gonna have to start the disciplinary process for one of my subordinates. My only colleague is out for vacay so I gotta do her job. Oh and it's month & year end.

Jesus, take the wheel, cuz I'm finna jump out the car.

lol

How y'all doing?

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
boss and coworker on a business trip
Aug 01st 2022
this car has me feeling like a bum
Aug 02nd 2022
      Car troubles are the FUCKING worse.
Aug 02nd 2022
I’m in a text group with some women I grew up with
Aug 01st 2022
I worked on my self appraisal….
Aug 01st 2022
lol, I HATE those things.
Aug 02nd 2022

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Mon Aug-01-22 09:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "boss and coworker on a business trip "
In response to Reply # 0

they were out a few days last week and out a few days this week

been having car trouble. low air on my tires last week, somebody swiped my drivers mirror when i was parked on the street (should had folded it in, yeah), car didn't wanna start this morning.

re: mirror, when i got back to my car i got and couldnt see out of my mirror then realized it wasnt there lol it got folded forward and the mirror glass was gone. there wasnt any traffic on my drive home but i also didnt make any lane changes to the left. i installed this cut-to-size fun mirror to get me by until the replacement comes in. im guessing/hoping my battery is about to die so hopefully i can start it back up after work to stop by and replace it.

i ended up preparing two possible dj sets and was planning to go to a different vinyl meet up saturday but ended up not being able to go. i was hoping to get an idea of how they went and maybe get to practice before the one this saturday.

first one is:
mistadobalina - del
understanding - elzhi & gam
georgia - brittany howard
cel u lar device - badu
california - berhana

after deciding on it i looked up their keys to see if they would be decent harmonic match, nope lol i decided it was okay id just have to figure out how to transition between them. then after a day or two i decided to look up the keys for all the songs i was considering and see if i could come up with a set that would be a good harmonic mix.

this one is:
mistadobalina - del
the hop - atcq
bed-stuy is burning - skyzoo
california - berhana
real games - lucky daye

on both im trying to switch it up enough to hopefully play at least one song some people in the crowd can vibe to.

im now considering combining them so i dont feel regret for not doing one vs the other lol maybe after bed-stuy i go into understanding, georgia, cel u lar device then finish of with california and real games

might try that. i also bought a dj controller and tried mixing both on my computer. thats a whole other story, im trying to figure out how to record the sets so i can listen back but i keep getting a "trial" watermark on it lol

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Tue Aug-02-22 10:05 AM

5. "this car has me feeling like a bum"
In response to Reply # 1

bad battery, busted side view mirror...thats all wrong with it but boy i feel broke lol

couldnt get it to start for lunch so i ordered grub hub. asked around for a jumpstart after work. i had scheduled one through hyundais roadside assistance but the wait was going to be long. i had gotten a warranty replacement on the battery and i cant remember how long ago that was. i wonder if the replacement was bad or if there is something else going on in my car that i am now on my 3rd battery less than 4 years in.

after the jumpstart i went to autozone, they tested the battery and said the crank power was bad. went ahead and bought the most expensive one, they almost sent me to a different one because they couldnt find it. they swapped it and ... no dice. tested the battery, bad. what? so now they did send me to a different one and told me to have them replace the battery since they had more in stock there.

got there, the lady in charge was instantly dubious. told dudes to check EVERYTHING. they swapped the battery and...yes! they then did other tests and told me everything else is definitely good.

so went back in to sign and the lady had to put in her code. i asked her if i would still be able to get a replacement under the 3 year warranty. she was like uh "well see your alternator is bad" before i could say something one of the dudes said its good. she then switched to, well you have a bad ground. huh? she didnt even look at the car. they did tell me that the first autozone should had given me a refund and swapped to my old battery instead of having me take the new bad one to this location but yeah that's not my fault.

as far as i understand i can swap out the battery as much as needed within the three years but definitely hoping i dont need to.

i did also buy another side view mirror, one that is much smaller but i can actually see out of. the funhouse mirror was not it. the actual replacement is scheduled to arrive tomorrow so come thursday im hoping im back to a fully working car.

spades
44258 posts
Tue Aug-02-22 10:27 AM

6. "Car troubles are the FUCKING worse."
In response to Reply # 5

Sometimes it a few little things that once fixed, have the car running fine. Other times it just feels like one thing leads to another, and another.....

Here's hoping yours is the former and not the latter.

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Mon Aug-01-22 09:57 AM

2. "I’m in a text group with some women I grew up with"
In response to Reply # 0

who are trying to put together a reunion for our hometown. Its something our elders used to do and the next generation (us) dropped the ball.

What is hilarious is most people in this group are stiffs who didn’t really participate back in the day so they keep coming up with reasons not to do shit.

I told ole girl this group ain’t it if you want to party and have fun. These women in bed by 8:30pm and most didn’t even enjoy hanging out back in the day..

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Mon Aug-01-22 04:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I worked on my self appraisal…."
In response to Reply # 0

just copied and pasted the one from last year lol

spades
44258 posts
Tue Aug-02-22 09:07 AM

4. "lol, I HATE those things."
In response to Reply # 3

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

Lobby General Discussion topic #13465524 Previous topic | Next topic