Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13461817

Subject: "Fun Friday: A Small Things Celebration" Search result list | First match | Last match
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 10:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Fun Friday: A Small Things Celebration"

We always celebrate the big things...new jobs, raises, weddings, graduations, vacations, promotions...

this post is about the small things. They deserve attention and celebration too. And in some ways, they impact our overall happiness and quality of life way more than the 'big tings'.

did you recently climb a flight of stairs without getting winded?

did you go into a shop and find the exact thing you were looking for right away?

did you wake up on time without needing an alarm?

did you fold your laundry right after you took the clothes out of the dryer instead of leaving them in a pile for a week?

big up yourself. brag about your small win and let us all celebrate you.

d

I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, and we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody wants us to say, is wasting our time on this Earth - C. Adichie

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Making my mp3 player very very TIGHT
Jun 03rd 2022
oh wow i had to read this a couple times to understand
Jun 03rd 2022
Recent/current/ongoing/continuing -- they still sell mp3 players
Jun 03rd 2022
this is timely...I was pricing NOS iPods ....
Jun 03rd 2022
RE: Fun Friday: A Small Things Celebration
Jun 03rd 2022
YES! Absolutely celebrate that every single day. love u always fam
Jun 06th 2022
My nephews wedding was featured in Essenceā€¦
Jun 03rd 2022
lol really cool, but not really small. that's big, man!!!
Jun 09th 2022
I did a solid job singing in Hebrew at my nephew's Bat Mitzvah...
Jun 03rd 2022
oooooh lovely!!! which song? i love that you pushed through
Jun 09th 2022
I asked my coworker to turn down the volume on her zoom meeting
Jun 03rd 2022
bravo!! i love that you asked for what you needed and got it
Jun 09th 2022
I thought my car service bill was going to be redunckulous
Jun 08th 2022
oh wow!!! so glad that worked out for you.
Jun 09th 2022
      500 to 1000 easily.
Jun 09th 2022
I was out of town for 10 days
Jun 08th 2022
hell yes!!! well done..that has to be a really good feeling
Jun 09th 2022

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 10:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Making my mp3 player very very TIGHT"
In response to Reply # 0

A mp3 from Amazon here, an mp3 from Amazon there, a couple of used CD's to rip songs from from eBay here....

Just a good feeling that the mp3 player becomes utilitarian and functional more than a flaky impulsive thing. Can be used for predictable/dependable results.

Damali
35865 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 11:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "oh wow i had to read this a couple times to understand"
In response to Reply # 1

well done!!

is this a recent accomplishment or is it from a while ago? i think that's what was confusing..i wasn't sure of the time frame

d

I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, and we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody wants us to say, is wasting our time on this Earth - C. Adichie

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 12:18 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Recent/current/ongoing/continuing -- they still sell mp3 players"
In response to Reply # 2

Since I'm still a collector of music, an mp3 player is suited for hearing most of my CD collection (the mp3 player I downloaded for a cell phone some years ago had a virus, so no more of cell phone mp3 apps)

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 12:35 PM

5. "this is timely...I was pricing NOS iPods ...."
In response to Reply # 1

prices are kinda janky though....

jose3030
Charter member
59165 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 12:21 PM

4. "RE: Fun Friday: A Small Things Celebration"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm still alive.

Damali
35865 posts
Mon Jun-06-22 02:35 PM

9. "YES! Absolutely celebrate that every single day. love u always fam"
In response to Reply # 4

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79600 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 12:51 PM

6. "My nephews wedding was featured in Essenceā€¦"
In response to Reply # 0

and I was there.. lol.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 02:41 PM

12. "lol really cool, but not really small. that's big, man!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 01:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I did a solid job singing in Hebrew at my nephew's Bat Mitzvah..."
In response to Reply # 0

...last weekend, even though I don't speak a word of it. I mostly read the phonetic translation and followed along with my wife.

I was also happy I was able to help out in little ways throughout the weekend. Even if it was just keeping my younger nephew company, who got a bit overwhelmed by everything.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 02:43 PM

14. "oooooh lovely!!! which song? i love that you pushed through "
In response to Reply # 7

and made it work

d

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Jun-03-22 04:09 PM

8. "I asked my coworker to turn down the volume on her zoom meeting"
In response to Reply # 0

I've said it before, she puts every zoom call on full blast. Does not use headphones does not have any regard for me being in the same office.

I had a called schedule after she started hers so I asked her if she could lower the volume or use headphones. She turned it down, said she didn't have headphones. She also turned down the earbuds I offered her that are sealed (company provided).

I typically don't say anything and just turn the volume up on my headphones.

I feel she might have hearing loss or is being purposely obnoxious.

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 02:45 PM

15. "bravo!! i love that you asked for what you needed and got it"
In response to Reply # 8

it seems so simple, but most people don't do it...its such good practice.

well done!

d

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49416 posts
Wed Jun-08-22 05:04 PM

10. "I thought my car service bill was going to be redunckulous"
In response to Reply # 0

Through a series of unfortunate events, I left my car in the shop for 2 weeks after they said come pick it up. Knowing this was a shop in manhattan, I knew that the storage costs would be crazy.

When I called to say I was picking it up they kept going on about how long it was left there. Couldn't believe I hadn't picked it up in two weeks. My only real defense was that they never called, they just texted that it was ready. It was enough. I paid no additional fees.
And I was ready for the good fight.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 02:46 PM

16. "oh wow!!! so glad that worked out for you. "
In response to Reply # 10

i can imagine that it would have been an additional $500 at least, right?

d

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49416 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 03:40 PM

17. "500 to 1000 easily. "
In response to Reply # 16

Because that would have been the going rate for weekly parking in a lot in the city.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

snacks
Member since Sep 15th 2005
5814 posts
Wed Jun-08-22 07:36 PM

11. "I was out of town for 10 days"
In response to Reply # 0

When I came back, I remembered that I had gone grocery shopping for the week before I'd left. I even had an energy drink in the fridge for the following day cause I knew I'd need it. I audibly yelled "MY NIGGA!"

The Brand Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@themonarchbrand
https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/2023071.rss

The Life Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@thewaterpodcast
https://redcircle.com/shows/the-water-podcast

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 02:42 PM

13. "hell yes!!! well done..that has to be a really good feeling"
In response to Reply # 11

Lobby General Discussion topic #13461817Search result list | First match | Last match