Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13459757

Subject: "Sorry, but......SEMANTLE :)" Previous topic | Next topic
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Thu May-05-22 01:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Sorry, but......SEMANTLE :)"

https://semantle.com/

it took me 155 guesses to get it.

d

I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, and we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody wants us to say, is wasting our time on this Earth - C. Adichie

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
took me 20 guesses.
May 05th 2022
ok how? than hell was your first word?
May 06th 2022
      well i was just thinking maybe it was based on current events...
May 06th 2022
yeah i dont know about this one
May 05th 2022
I started out blazing hot then got colder and colder.
May 05th 2022
yeah, i got lucky the first time. 2nd time? fuck this. won't play again.
May 06th 2022
lol noooooooo come on. stretch your brain
May 06th 2022
      full disclosure: i "cheated" today.
May 06th 2022
      yeah today's was weird
May 06th 2022
           i got to 999/1000, then asked for a hint. it gave me 998 LOL
May 06th 2022
                wow, do you have a strategy?
May 06th 2022
                     this is only my 2nd day playing so no strategy yet
May 06th 2022
      do you use any hints?
May 06th 2022
this was the dumbest thing ive ever spent 15 minutes on.
May 06th 2022
looking through the nearest words there is definitely something off
May 06th 2022
LOL
May 06th 2022
      lol i usually like challenges like this but i had to tap out around gues...
May 06th 2022
           its ok. try tomorrow :)
May 06th 2022
                naaaaaahh
May 06th 2022
i'm getting better at this!! 88 tries this time
May 11th 2022
Don't kno if I got lucky
May 11th 2022
yeah the hints definitely make it way easier
May 13th 2022

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu May-05-22 03:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "took me 20 guesses. "
In response to Reply # 0

Damali
35865 posts
Fri May-06-22 10:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "ok how? than hell was your first word?"
In response to Reply # 1

in fact, post whole list, please

d

I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, and we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody wants us to say, is wasting our time on this Earth - C. Adichie

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Fri May-06-22 10:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "well i was just thinking maybe it was based on current events..."
In response to Reply # 4

so first 10 guesses i was off in the woods but then about guess 12 i started getting warm and got up to "senator". the answer was "legislator" so it wasn't a huge jump from "senator" to that.

now, that being said, please see Post #5.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu May-05-22 03:48 PM

2. "yeah i dont know about this one"
In response to Reply # 0

ill probably give it another try but oof

i did 5 hints, my closest guess was 996/1000 and still had no clue. i gave up after 44 guesses and i do see how i was close but before i started using hints my closest guess was a similarity of 21.53. first two hints were useless lol the third one is what got me going in the right direction.

this is like password but not fun lol

i dont see myself doing more than 50 guesses

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8099 posts
Thu May-05-22 10:39 PM

3. "I started out blazing hot then got colder and colder. "
In response to Reply # 0

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Fri May-06-22 10:05 AM

5. "yeah, i got lucky the first time. 2nd time? fuck this. won't play again."
In response to Reply # 0

Damali
35865 posts
Fri May-06-22 10:48 AM

7. "lol noooooooo come on. stretch your brain"
In response to Reply # 5

you're literally expanding your lateral thinking

meanwhile, i'm on guess 81 and i have 801/1000 so i'm getting close!

d

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Fri May-06-22 11:09 AM

8. "full disclosure: i "cheated" today."
In response to Reply # 7

what i mean, is:

i was 50 some guesses in, getting nowhere, so i was like "let's do the hint"

well, the first hint was the 1/1000 word which helped NONE. so i was like, "can you do more than one hint?"

turns out you can. so i kept hinting until until it got me up to the like the 867/1000 word.

here's the thing - the hint words were words i don't think i've ever used in my life.

so finally i was like "well, if these are words i don't even use, how will i ever guess the answer."

so then i just quit to see the answer, lol. and of course the answer is a much more "normal" word than those hints.

good luck.

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri May-06-22 11:54 AM

10. "yeah today's was weird"
In response to Reply # 8

the closest guesses i got before hints were police, snitch and victim, nothing to do with the word lol

the first hint i got does have a connection to the secret word but any guesses i tried after were no help and it took like 5 more hints before it started pointed more in the right direction. i still had to give up to get to it.

Damali
35865 posts
Fri May-06-22 11:59 AM

11. "i got to 999/1000, then asked for a hint. it gave me 998 LOL"
In response to Reply # 10

so now i'm seriously stuck after looking up every synonym i can think of

i may give up if i get to 200 guesses lol

d

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri May-06-22 12:08 PM

12. "wow, do you have a strategy?"
In response to Reply # 11

i feel like this is just not for me or i just dont know how to go about solving it. im probably just being too impatient.

Damali
35865 posts
Fri May-06-22 12:44 PM

16. "this is only my 2nd day playing so no strategy yet"
In response to Reply # 12

however, it feels like part of speech matters

i cant help but start with nouns, then i'll jump around in subsequent guesses to verbs, adjectives and adverbs until i get out of 'cold'

but because our brains get stuck on synonyms instead of meaning, that's what makes this hard...

and i love it. all the 'wordle' games don't feel challenging enough..i want to lose more than i win

so this one is for me

d

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri May-06-22 11:51 AM

9. "do you use any hints?"
In response to Reply # 7

it seems i cant get over a similarity of 25 without hints.

i might give it another try lol

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59178 posts
Fri May-06-22 12:26 PM

13. "this was the dumbest thing ive ever spent 15 minutes on."
In response to Reply # 0

I see no relation to the word even though i guessed the like the 300, 600 and 700th closest word. The hints ain't help.

I got the answer and was like wtf. I then put in the 1st word i thought of that i thought would be close to the answer and that shit was 'cold'

Bye.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri May-06-22 12:36 PM

14. "looking through the nearest words there is definitely something off"
In response to Reply # 13

there are many words that are similar but some that are just weird and dont make sense to be considered close to the word.

Damali
35865 posts
Fri May-06-22 12:40 PM

15. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 13

Cenario
59178 posts
Fri May-06-22 01:05 PM

17. "lol i usually like challenges like this but i had to tap out around gues..."
In response to Reply # 15

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Damali
35865 posts
Fri May-06-22 01:18 PM

18. "its ok. try tomorrow :)"
In response to Reply # 17

Cenario
59178 posts
Fri May-06-22 03:05 PM

19. "naaaaaahh"
In response to Reply # 18

Damali
35865 posts
Wed May-11-22 01:59 PM

20. "i'm getting better at this!! 88 tries this time"
In response to Reply # 0

one strategy i have is trying multiple iterations of the same word...especially if its a verb

so i'll try

liked

or
satisfy
sstisfying
satisfaction
satisfied

etc etc

d

SeV
Charter member
50209 posts
Wed May-11-22 02:43 PM

21. "Don't kno if I got lucky"
In response to Reply # 0

I solved Semantle #102 in 7 guesses with 7 hints. My first guess had a similarity of 24.70 (1/1000). My penultimate guess had a similarity of 2.65. https://semantle.com/

DALLAS LAKERICKS LETS GO!!

Damali
35865 posts
Fri May-13-22 11:15 AM

22. "yeah the hints definitely make it way easier"
In response to Reply # 21
Fri May-13-22 11:15 AM by Damali

they usually tell you the words closest to the secret word in descending order

but yes, that was an excellent first guess.

luck would be getting it in 7 tries with no hints tho.

d

Lobby General Discussion topic #13459757 Previous topic | Next topic