Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13458142

Subject: "It's college acceptance time. Any good stories?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Thu Apr-14-22 02:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"It's college acceptance time. Any good stories?"
Thu Apr-14-22 02:38 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

My Nephew got into Morehouse and is going. My niece had her heart set on going to an Ivy. As much of a rock star that she is. She didn't get into any. I lightweight blame the fact that she didn't want to use any of her struggles (divorcing parents, moved a lot) in her personal statement. That's a whole other discussion though. She did get into NYU film program which is bananas and she is super excited.

I need to start a college consultancy because I spend a lot of time looking at this stuff. Helping folks with college essays. Interviewing for my alma mater. I think I got the game figured out for my kids (and it might involve moving back to my rural hometown before they graduate).

Anyway, anyone got any good news to share!??!

Post kinda inspired by this update.

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=304483&mesg_id=304483&page=#306192

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13458142 Previous topic | Next topic