Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13456942

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Mar-29-22 11:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
"Agile" methodology fucking sucks
Mar 30th 2022
I'm a programmer, so all I think of when I read "Agile" is...
Apr 01st 2022
      This AND
Apr 01st 2022
going mask less this week at work
Mar 30th 2022
Bracing for my wife to leave her teaching gig
Apr 01st 2022
Yeah I just copied this post verbatim for my script notes.
Apr 01st 2022
yup… and no one can tell her what she needs to complete the EPP
Apr 01st 2022
      Yeah don't sue me.
Apr 01st 2022
      Why’d she stop teaching the rich white kids?
Apr 01st 2022
           because rich white parents are entitled POS
Apr 01st 2022
                TRUE. i guess i have learned to look at them as walking dollar signs
Apr 01st 2022
LOL at this:
Apr 01st 2022
      its weird because she can go to ANY college and her credentials are stro...
Apr 01st 2022
           Has she thought about teaching her own classes?
Apr 01st 2022
                She teaches a ton of dance classes
Apr 01st 2022
new alex isley/dine was disappointing
Apr 01st 2022
man i miss tf out of my grandma
Apr 01st 2022

handle
Charter member
18942 posts
Wed Mar-30-22 01:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. ""Agile" methodology fucking sucks"
In response to Reply # 0

Somehow they think instead of producing a large bowl of diarrhea that slicing the diarrhea will somehow improve the end product.

It's all management speak without adding anything meaningful.

Same as it ever was.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 11:52 AM

10. "I'm a programmer, so all I think of when I read "Agile" is..."
In response to Reply # 1
Fri Apr-01-22 11:52 AM by flipnile

MEETINGS.

TALKING.

MICRO-MANAGEMENT.

MORE MEETINGS.

MORE TALKING.

"SO WHAT DID YOU DO (in ridiculously short time-frame)?"

TALKING ABOUT MEETINGS.

handle
Charter member
18942 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 04:46 PM

17. "This AND"
In response to Reply # 10

Lack of flexibility - which is exactly what Agile was supposed to help with.

I guess it's management I got the beef with.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Mar-30-22 05:49 PM

2. "going mask less this week at work"
In response to Reply # 0

cases have been low and stable for more than 2 weeks locally. we are currently at 30 daily average for the past 7 days. kind of weird and if im going to be meeting with someone i will wear it.

when i was still wearing one i was noticing how many people weren't now that i am not wearing one it feels like most people are wearing one lol

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79559 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 09:46 AM

3. "Bracing for my wife to leave her teaching gig"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-01-22 09:47 AM by legsdiamond

fuck public schools (not really but fuck Charlotte Meck admin).

Shit is trash.

They are about to lose the best dance teacher at the school with the most credentials and its like they want it to happen.

How can you have a Masters from Temple, teach at every college in the Charlotte area. UNC-Charlotte, Winthrop, Queens College, Coker College, CPCC… and Charlotte Ballet and somehow the public school system is like “you need more credentials”

yet new hires don’t even need a degree, just show they are taking classes in education?

Now I see why people choose Charter Schools. The public school system is TRASH.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 10:10 AM

4. "Yeah I just copied this post verbatim for my script notes. "
In response to Reply # 3
Fri Apr-01-22 10:13 AM by Buddy_Gilapagos

I got a female lead character whose a dancer who is in a rut about her teaching dance. My idea was that she was doing it for little privileged white girls and by the end she is teaching black kids in the hood at her own studio.

Is it that they want her to have ed credentials?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 10:28 AM

5. "yup… and no one can tell her what she needs to complete the EPP"
In response to Reply # 4
Fri Apr-01-22 10:29 AM by legsdiamond

she took classes last summer and then they said “oops, my bad.. that wasn’t the right course load”

her mentor at her school said her college transcripts and teaching loads should’ve been enough AND they owe her retro pay.

You are real close.

She started out teaching in higher ed, mostly white students.. then it was privileged white kids at private studios. she

Now she teaches in the hood at the Performing Arts High School and also teaches ballet to Black and Brown kids.

and it will end with her owning a performance venue and school that supports the Arts for Black and Brown kids.

when do we start filming? lol

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 10:34 AM

6. "Yeah don't sue me."
In response to Reply # 5

But this is all great back story.

It's just in script form. Long way from the big screen...but would definitely need a dance consultant at some point ...Imjustsaying

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 02:15 PM

13. "Why’d she stop teaching the rich white kids?"
In response to Reply # 5

I only ask because the few dance teachers I know use that as the main thing to pay for their work in underprivileged communities. Get them rich parents to throw a bag and sponsor clinics and whatnot

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 03:42 PM

14. "because rich white parents are entitled POS"
In response to Reply # 13

BrooklynWHAT
85056 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 04:21 PM

16. "TRUE. i guess i have learned to look at them as walking dollar signs"
In response to Reply # 14

cause whenever they annoy me i start thinking about how much money i make off them and that calms me down a bit

flipnile
13565 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 11:30 AM

7. "LOL at this:"
In response to Reply # 3

>the public school system is like “you need more credentials”

LOL.

Meanwhile, Philly public schools are like "did you go to college? OK, cool... you're hired."

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 11:40 AM

8. "its weird because she can go to ANY college and her credentials are stro..."
In response to Reply # 7

and with all these teachers quitting its basically babysitting middle schoolers and high schoolers because they are absorbing all these students who don’t have teachers.

and my wife WROTE some of the curriculum that is being used for CMS.

its fucking backasswards.

flipnile
13565 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 11:45 AM

9. "Has she thought about teaching her own classes?"
In response to Reply # 8

Might be a nice side or main job if there's enough demand for it where you are.

Dance classes look fun. My SO and I will probably take a few this summer to learn some couples dances.

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 02:12 PM

12. "She teaches a ton of dance classes"
In response to Reply # 9

but her ultimate goal is owning a theatre/venue that can also be used to teach performing arts.

its a scary yet exciting time.

grey
Member since Apr 04th 2003
2231 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 12:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "new alex isley/dine was disappointing "
In response to Reply # 0

tryna stall her so ill listen more over the weekend but first blush aint hitting like wilton

BrooklynWHAT
85056 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 04:20 PM

15. "man i miss tf out of my grandma"
In response to Reply # 0

i would love to tell her what ive been up to the last 9 years since she passed. really the last 14 since she had the stroke that sent everything downhill

oddly enough i realized it while i was out visiting one of my clients. this little old lady that has to be like 4'6" tops and eventually she just broke off on a tangent and asked me about my upbringing, where im from, what my family is like and all of that

Lobby General Discussion topic #13456942 Previous topic | Next topic