Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13452474

Subject: "Should I give old liquor to the winos?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 11:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Should I give old liquor to the winos?"

I've got a closet with a bunch of bottles of old cheap alcohol and liquors. Like half drank bottles of no name cocoa nut rum, apple schnapps liqueur, etc.

I was about to throw it all out but am considering giving it to the old heads that sit outside the liquor store around the corner and drink.

What do yall think?

Poll result (15 votes)
Go ahead and give it to them (7 votes)Vote
Throw it away (8 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this sounds like some Larry David shit
Jan 25th 2022
Bruh...lol
Jan 25th 2022
lol
Jan 25th 2022
I'm in this line.
Jan 25th 2022
Larry coming back after not getting a thank you from the WINO
Jan 25th 2022
      Ha. My biggest concern is them turning down the offering.
Jan 25th 2022
      Lmao! That would def be an episode.
Jan 25th 2022
           every 2 minutes... Where's the top of this muffin?
Jan 25th 2022
      right
Jan 25th 2022
      lol
Jan 25th 2022
No. What if some are struggling with alcoholism? Repurpose instead:
Jan 25th 2022
What if? Oh they are definitely struggling with alcoholism.
Jan 25th 2022
you think Buddy’s bottle is the one that will take it over the top?
Jan 25th 2022
      That's how I see it.
Jan 25th 2022
      I understand where you're coming from, but I look at it more like why
Jan 25th 2022
           Seems different.
Jan 25th 2022
                But that's what I mean. Alcoholism hurts both a person and their family
Jan 25th 2022
                     Do you ever give money to homeless people or beggers?
Feb 01st 2022
when covid first started and they made customers wear mask
Jan 25th 2022
I would say nah
Jan 25th 2022
There is no wrong choice here, so thats the good part
Jan 25th 2022
are you serious?
Jan 25th 2022
No. Repurpose it.
Jan 25th 2022
pour that shit out...
Jan 25th 2022
      you really comparing old liquor to spoiled food?
Jan 26th 2022
           its an insult either way, pour that cheap shit out and go in the liquor....
Jan 26th 2022
                winos are going to sue me for dying from drinking old liquor?
Feb 01st 2022
                     alchoholics die from a lot of reasons...
Feb 01st 2022
                     class action suit coming ya way bruh
Feb 02nd 2022
Reminded me of this
Jan 26th 2022
lmao. I think troll comedy is a fantastic genre
Feb 01st 2022
      “You can pour your enemies a warm cup of lead”, made my sides hurt
Feb 02nd 2022
You don't have young friends or single friends?
Jan 26th 2022
</poast>
Jan 29th 2022
out of practice.. that ish was meant for reply#1
Jan 29th 2022
you should host a party and invite your friends over and charge them...
Jan 31st 2022
lmao
Feb 02nd 2022

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 12:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "this sounds like some Larry David shit"
In response to Reply # 0

Lol

rdhull
Charter member
33127 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 12:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Bruh...lol"
In response to Reply # 1

>Lol

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4548 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 12:27 PM

3. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44829 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 12:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I'm in this line."
In response to Reply # 1

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5627 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 01:32 PM

10. "Larry coming back after not getting a thank you from the WINO"
In response to Reply # 1

"Excuse me. I dont think you said thank you? I didnt catch a thank you."

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 01:35 PM

11. "Ha. My biggest concern is them turning down the offering. "
In response to Reply # 10

Imma feel mad silly if I offer it to them and they get mad that I offered them all this bottom shelf half drank liquor and liqueurs.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5627 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 01:51 PM

13. "Lmao! That would def be an episode."
In response to Reply # 11

Leon explaining to Larry why the wino threw his liquor in the garbage.

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 02:08 PM

15. "every 2 minutes... Where's the top of this muffin?"
In response to Reply # 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6jGeIwebvk

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4548 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 01:56 PM

14. "right"

J305
Member since Dec 07th 2008
7308 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 04:46 PM

18. "lol"

peace

J305

People of color are NOT a minority. Think Global.

Don't Let Hollywood fool you.

http://www.twitter.com/Jtronic
http://www.last.fm/user/Jtronic

kfine
Member since Jan 11th 2009
2218 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 12:33 PM

4. "No. What if some are struggling with alcoholism? Repurpose instead:"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-25-22 12:35 PM by kfine

https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/10-sober-alternative-uses-for-alcohol-at-home-47395

10 Sober Alternative Uses for Alcohol at Home

It's the perfect accompaniment for an exquisite meal and close friends, but drink too much of it, and you may find yourself slipping and stumbling into a heap of trouble—literally. Make no mistake, alcohol is one potent substance. In fact, its solvent properties give this versatile potable dozens of uses besides consumption. You can find alcohol in cleaning products, polishes, and even fuels, so it's not surprising that it has a bunch of practical uses around the home. Pop open your cabinet to see what you've got, then try out some of these 10 household tasks that can be tackled with drinkable alcohol.

Polish Metal with Beer
1/10

Before you polish off a six-pack, save a can and use the frothy quaff inside to polish your home's metal surfaces. You can use whatever you have on tap for faucets, sinks, and shower heads too. Follow up by rinsing with water to prevent a sticky, bar-counter-like film from lingering.

Clean Mirrors with Vodka
2/10

One way to make your mirrors as crystal clear as vodka is to actually spray your mirrors with vodka. It's best to first dilute your proof with water for a gentler solution—but hold the rocks! Then load up a spray bottle, give your reflection a spritz, and wipe dust, dirt, and residue away.

Clean a Pipe with Whiskey
3/10

Old-timers know that nothing goes better with a tobacco pipe than a bottle of whiskey. Fittingly, whiskey can also be used to clean that tobacco pipe. Simply soak a pipe cleaner in Jim or Jack, then brush off burnt ash and gunk. A cleaner, smoother smoke is sure to follow.

Grow Plants with Beer
4/10

Those same sugars and minerals in beer that make potbellies grow big can help houseplants grow big too. You can put this gardener's trick of the trade to the test by pouring a little shot from your can into the soil every couple of days. Watch as your potbelly shrinks and your potted plants flourish.

Clean Jewelry with Gin
5/10

Faded silver and filmy diamonds hardly reflect their true value. Make them look like the precious possessions they really are by giving them a little rub with some gin (no tonic needed). Then rings will sparkle and necklaces will shine, and the wearer of either will look mighty fine.

Remove Sticky Residue with Vodka
6/10

Grab the vodka when you're in a sticky situation. The clear alcohol is useful for removing gum under a table and gunk left over from a label. You need only a tiny splash or two to do away with sticky residue.

Clean a Chandelier with Vodka
7/10

A dusty, cobwebbed chandelier can make even the newest home seem derelict and haunted. Before the ghosts move in, you can use vodka to help bring your chandelier back to life. Simply dilute a few teaspoons in a quart of water, dip in cloth or rag, and gently revitalize your fixture.

Clean Wooden Furniture with Beer
8/10

If you happen to spill some beer on a wooden table at the local saloon, don't feel so bad. Beer is great for cleaning antique wooden furniture. A fine cloth or rag and some flat beer are all you'll need for the job. Of course, as with any cleaning agent, always start with a small patch for a test.

Vodka for Mold and Mildew
9/10

Although drinking vodka in the tub sounds at best like a furtive pleasure, if that tub has mold and mildew, scrubbing it with that vodka might be a pretty good idea. It will clean up the grout and make the tiles all shiny, so you can delight in a tub free from anything grimy.

Make a Deodorizer Spray with Vodka
10/10

Sometimes the laundry just doesn't get done, but you still have to go out into the world fully clothed. If you've been avoiding the laundry room lately, before you pull that outfit out of the hamper, try stanching the stench of sweat with a spray of vodka and water. Fellow passengers in the car, train, or bus will be very thankful.

edit: I barely drink so I've not actually tried any of the above except for the creative glass cleaning lol

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 12:58 PM

6. "What if? Oh they are definitely struggling with alcoholism. "
In response to Reply # 4

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79545 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 01:12 PM

7. "you think Buddy’s bottle is the one that will take it over the top?"
In response to Reply # 4

its like giving a homeless person change.

its cold out, give those ild heads a lil something to keep them warm

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 01:27 PM

9. "That's how I see it. "
In response to Reply # 7

I give cash all the time when I have it and I know what it is most likely going to.

kfine
2218 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 01:49 PM

12. "I understand where you're coming from, but I look at it more like why"
In response to Reply # 7

contribute to someone's self- or family-destruction.

Kinda like helping one of your friends/relatives cheat on their spouse. You know they're always up to some bullshit, but they ask you one time to set them up with someone you know. It's minimal effort on your end and likely a drop-in-the-pond of their history of fucking around...

But some might say nah I'm good, keep me out of it, you know? Like, you know the spouse, maybe your kids all play/go to school together, and you just don't want to contribute to the mess.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 03:39 PM

16. "Seems different. "
In response to Reply # 12

I think maybe the difference is its one thing to help someone to self-destructive stuff, its another thing to help someone do something that's harmful to other people.

kfine
2218 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 03:52 PM

17. "But that's what I mean. Alcoholism hurts both a person and their family"
In response to Reply # 16

so why voluntarily help someone perpetuate that trauma?

It's not like it's less destructive just bc you don't know their people (although, if these are folks from around the way perhaps you do know vaguely)

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Tue Feb-01-22 03:52 PM

32. "Do you ever give money to homeless people or beggers?"
In response to Reply # 17

Ain't that much a difference between this and that.

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 01:16 PM

8. "when covid first started and they made customers wear mask"
In response to Reply # 0

an old head asked me to buy him a bottle because he didnt have a mask. Gave me some money and asked for that Erk and Jerk.

I did..

but when I came out, he was gone

and yes.. eventually we drank that E&J cause it was one less trip into covid world

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 05:29 PM

19. "I would say nah"
In response to Reply # 0

Some might actually appreciate it but I would think some would get mad or just reject it since you know they're open and who knows what you might have put in there (from their perspective).

Unless you have some rapport with one of them and you ask ahead of time I would find another way to get rid of them.

That's just me though.

guru0509
Charter member
45336 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 05:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
20. "There is no wrong choice here, so thats the good part"
In response to Reply # 0

Id ask them if they want it, all they can say is no.

>I've got a closet with a bunch of bottles of old cheap
>alcohol and liquors. Like half drank bottles of no name cocoa
>nut rum, apple schnapps liqueur, etc.
>
>I was about to throw it all out but am considering giving it
>to the old heads that sit outside the liquor store around the
>corner and drink.
>
>What do yall think?

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 06:03 PM

21. "are you serious? "
In response to Reply # 0

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 06:16 PM

22. "No. Repurpose it."
In response to Reply # 0

You can use it as a sanitizer, disinfectant, degreaser, and dissolver

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 10:23 PM

23. "pour that shit out..."
In response to Reply # 22

its half full bottles of cheap ass liquor.

Is he going to give them food that's about to spoil from his fridge/pantry too?

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Wed Jan-26-22 08:56 AM

24. "you really comparing old liquor to spoiled food? "
In response to Reply # 23

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Jan-26-22 09:23 AM

26. "its an insult either way, pour that cheap shit out and go in the liquor...."
In response to Reply # 24

store and buy a new cheap $10 bottle and give it to the "winos" if you're feeling charitable or wait until covid dies down and have a party and once the good stuff is gone you will have some folks that will drink the cheap shit.

And I said food ABOUT TO spoil.

Either way giving half drank from bottles out to "winos" on the corner is not a good look. And isn't BG an attorney? Say someone gets sick and dies from one of his bottles? he's opened himself up for all sorts of potential litigation issues.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49387 posts
Tue Feb-01-22 03:51 PM

31. "winos are going to sue me for dying from drinking old liquor?"
In response to Reply # 26

Or maybe the estates of winos are going to do investigations and determine it was my half-drunk bottle of rum that killed them (because the rum went bad?) and then sue me?

Come on man.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Feb-01-22 08:34 PM

34. "alchoholics die from a lot of reasons..."
In response to Reply # 31

>Or maybe the estates of winos are going to do investigations
>and determine it was my half-drunk bottle of rum that killed
>them (because the rum went bad?) and then sue me?
>
>Come on man.
>

but don't let me stop you from being great and feeling good about yourself giving away your half empty bottles of cheap liquor

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59167 posts
Wed Feb-02-22 11:48 AM

36. "class action suit coming ya way bruh"
In response to Reply # 31

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

shockvalue
Charter member
561 posts
Wed Jan-26-22 09:21 AM

25. "Reminded me of this "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jan-26-22 09:23 AM by shockvalue

This guy used to fuck with ppl on the want ads on craigslist, here he’s replying to a guy seeking vintage liquors. I don’t even really think it’s that funny anymore, although I thought it was the height of comedy at one point.

http://www.emailsfromanasshole.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=6

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44829 posts
Tue Feb-01-22 04:23 PM

33. "lmao. I think troll comedy is a fantastic genre"
In response to Reply # 25
Tue Feb-01-22 04:29 PM by Cold Truth

I don't know about "the height" but this is genuinely funny

he has one about "disguised weapons" that had me rolling:

http://www.emailsfromanasshole.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=84

Of course, I'm a fan of troll comedy as a genre.

There are way too many misses in on the field though. But the hits are always gold IMO. Prank callers are usually the hardest to find a genuine comedy aptitude though.

The greatest troll comedian of all time though, IMO is Phil Hendrie.

People may know him from his voice acting work- King of The Hill, Rick & Morty, F Is For Family, etc, but his bread and butter was "hosting" troll characters on his radio show, and then interacting with callers as both the character and himself.

Dstl1
Charter member
56223 posts
Wed Feb-02-22 03:28 PM

37. "“You can pour your enemies a warm cup of lead”, made my sides hurt"
In response to Reply # 33

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Jan-26-22 09:29 AM

27. "You don't have young friends or single friends?"
In response to Reply # 0

Back when I was an inch away from alcoholism, I was relatively poorish and so I drank it all. When I was single, I would throw really big "adult style" biannual parties. The bad was cleaning up, the good part was all of the left over booze. I'd spend weeks drinking through the good shit, then the middle of the road stuff and then I'd be left with the shit no one fucking dares to drink like, Bacardi 151, mint schnapps, ancient age, etc.

If you gave 30 year old me all of your old booze, I would have made it work.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Sat Jan-29-22 01:02 AM

28. "</poast>"
In response to Reply # 0

lol

I saw Frog on tv the other night thought of you... life good?/decent?

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Sat Jan-29-22 02:53 AM

29. "out of practice.. that ish was meant for reply#1"
In response to Reply # 28

but shouts to you too BuddyG my bad for poast skill atrophy.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Jan-31-22 10:08 AM

30. "you should host a party and invite your friends over and charge them..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13444938&mesg_id=13444938&page=#13446050

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Wed Feb-02-22 11:01 AM

35. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 30

Lobby General Discussion topic #13452474 Previous topic | Next topic