Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13452372

Subject: "this regina king shit has me all fukked up" Previous topic | Next topic
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35861 posts
Sat Jan-22-22 10:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"this regina king shit has me all fukked up"
Sat Jan-22-22 10:25 PM by Damali

the hell she must be going thru, my god

my son is 25, about to be 26. he has had thoughts of suicide, he told me..probably more often than he admits

i work so hard to help him see his own power and beauty and strength...he does alot of negative self-talk..is super hard on himself..his heart breaks easily...he's often disappointed by his friends and peers...his teen years were rough but he made it through

i do what i can but i can tell y'all right now i would not survive if he left this plane like that

that poor woman...my heart goes out to her...and him...how he must have suffered...damn

d

"I don't speak to provoke. I speak because I think our time on Earth is short and each moment that we are not our truest selves, each moment we say what we do not mean because we imagine that is what somebody what's us to say, then we are wasting our time

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Same
Jan 23rd 2022
Being a parent is so incredibly hard.
Jan 23rd 2022
100%. I just can't even imagine. And her ONLY child.
Jan 23rd 2022
wow i wasn't aware of that
Jan 23rd 2022
It really puts the Netflix series Seven Seconds into perspective
Jan 23rd 2022
She was incredible in that…
Jan 23rd 2022
Absolutely horrifying. So sad for her.
Jan 23rd 2022

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Sun Jan-23-22 07:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Same "
In response to Reply # 0

My oldest has been on an up swing for a little over 6 months. But I'm still so cautious about it. Not even sure I'd know what to do with myself. Can only imagine how painful it is for Regina. It's a situation that can feel so helpless as a parent and lead to some dark places as you can only see yourself to blame. I truly hope she is able to make her peace and that his soul is at ease.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Sun Jan-23-22 08:10 AM

2. "Being a parent is so incredibly hard. "
In response to Reply # 0

I have a 13 year old who is on the autism spectrum. He was diagnosed very early - initial intervention at 18 months and official diagnosis at 2. In his initial diagnosis and generally I. The past he would have been classified as having Asperger’s of being “high functioning” but those are no longer considered appropriate official terms - I say that to mean that he has minimal “stereotypical” autistic behavior and has been in general education classrooms throughout his life. He does very well in school. But he still has struggles, typically on the social side of things.

99 percent of the time he’s completely fine, but he’s definitely had several moments of suicidal ideation. Maybe once every few months he’ll be upset and mention it - which I’m sure means it’s in his mind more often than that. He’s never taken any action on this, and to our knowledge hasn’t taken any steps to specifically plan something (his therapist says this is an important differentiation.) But the worst incident was one day we heard him in his room on the phone, on the suicide prevention hotline, crying about feeling scared that he would hurt himself at some point. He’s been in therapy for several years, he’s in a loving home, has a great support system at school. We talk to him in a very transparent manor without judging. And again, the overwhelming majority of the time he’s completely fine (at least he presents himself that way - I’m aware that he could be dealing with internal struggles despite outward appearance.)

Anyways - it’s a REALLY helpless feeling to have as a parent. And that feeling is amplified when reading stories about others who lost their battle like this. I can’t even imagine what she’s going through.

kfine
Member since Jan 11th 2009
2218 posts
Sun Jan-23-22 12:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "100%. I just can't even imagine. And her ONLY child."
In response to Reply # 0

I really hope she has the support system she needs

I'm on the verge of tearing up again just writing this

Mynoriti
Charter member
38810 posts
Sun Jan-23-22 02:54 PM

7. "wow i wasn't aware of that"
In response to Reply # 3

i suppose there's some fortune in sibling(s) who don't have to also suffer his loss, but I can't even begin to imagine how shattered she must be.

Doomdata21
Member since Jul 21st 2002
1258 posts
Sun Jan-23-22 12:48 PM

4. "It really puts the Netflix series Seven Seconds into perspective"
In response to Reply # 0

She should have won mad awards for that portrayal of a grieving mother. Now she's really living it. I wish her and her family immense healing.

**Sig**
-Blackthought is the dopest emcee alive
-Uncle Sam and Santa Clause are good buddies.
-Be selfless and the world will be a better place.

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Sun Jan-23-22 02:27 PM

6. "She was incredible in that…"
In response to Reply # 4

the pain came through the screen. I’ve been really loving her career having a bit of a renaissance, lately. Not that she was ever gone…but, she’d really been popping.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24409 posts
Sun Jan-23-22 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Absolutely horrifying. So sad for her."
In response to Reply # 0

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Lobby General Discussion topic #13452372 Previous topic | Next topic