Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13452285

Subject: "This one time in band " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79555 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 11:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"This one time in band "

back in middle school I played drums in band. We had this important recital that was being recorded. I couldn’t read sheet music like in drum line so I always memorized the parts and killed it once we finally had a recital.

Well, this time the song has hard and I was goofing off all semester. I would just fake it like I was playing the snare.

Not sure why but right before the song I convinced myself I knew the song and proceeded to DESTROY that song and embarrass myself and the whole band was mad af at me for butchering the fuck out of that snare drum. Band directed wanted to kill me but fuck him.. never liked him anyway.

I think my boy gassed me up or bet me that I wouldn’t play.

Watching Black Wonder Years band episode made me remember how hilarious that shit was.. I woulda been mad af if my parents came and recorded that song.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
common denominator.
Jan 21st 2022
#GETOFFMUHDIKK
Jan 21st 2022
HS chronicles of nerd activites. i wanna play
Jan 21st 2022
Only time I didn’t get a position I auditioned for
Jan 21st 2022
I went to 9 high schools between 9th and 10th grade.
Jan 21st 2022
ehug homie.. damn
Jan 21st 2022
all good bro
Jan 21st 2022
rough
Jan 24th 2022
LOL reminds me of HS Mock Trials
Jan 21st 2022
HS Mock trials were ridiculous
Jan 21st 2022
As a first chair trumpet band dude....(facepalm)
Jan 22nd 2022
haha.. my boy played trumpet and was mad as shit
Jan 22nd 2022

seasoned vet
Member since Jul 29th 2008
6024 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 01:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "common denominator."
In response to Reply # 0

yeah, its you.

it really is you.

legsdiamond
79555 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 02:27 PM

3. "#GETOFFMUHDIKK"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 02:08 PM

2. "HS chronicles of nerd activites. i wanna play"
In response to Reply # 0

so...one time at a debate meet.

we had like 6 regular meets. you then qualified for a district meet. winners go to a regional meet. win that and go to state. in theory i guess after that nationals existed

man them outta town debate meets used to go DOWN.

going to another school and repeatedly interacting with the same kids you got to know hella people.

and then...you went outta town...with them same people.

and then if you were good...went waaay the hell to the state meet.

overnight or maybe thru the weekend.

by sunday dog id be so fried. but it was fun. good times

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23877 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 02:33 PM

4. "Only time I didn’t get a position I auditioned for"
In response to Reply # 0

Going into my senior year, I did tryouts to be section leader for the coming season. I even lost my job at Kroger because they wouldn’t let me off for tryouts. I get through all of it, and my band director leaves school over the summer. Okay, cool. I check the position sheet at summer band camp and the new director decided I should be equipment manager.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 02:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I went to 9 high schools between 9th and 10th grade. "
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jan-21-22 02:44 PM by Cold Truth

I went to three schools in 8th grade.

In 10th grade, I thought I found my "forever home", but that lasted all of 9 months.

I got hit up by some ese's and stood my ground. That kind of suprised them, and they left only to show up at the fucking house with several cars full of bangers.

They moved me the next day, which proved to be the right move. I still talk to that famly to this day, and they told me that they came around for a long ass time after, looking for me.

That's all I got lmao. Every jr/high school story I have is depressing as fuck.

Fuck this post lmao.

legsdiamond
79555 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 04:31 PM

8. "ehug homie.. damn"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah, I feel bad when I hear horror stories about HS.

went to the same school district all 12 years so we had a real strong group of friends with all types of hilarious memories

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 05:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "all good bro"
In response to Reply # 8
Fri Jan-21-22 05:34 PM by Cold Truth

I built up my friend foundation after my teens, and have those stories after high school.

I didn't mean to muck up the post though. No need to feel bad. I'm not triggered or anything, it's just sort my sardonically humorous way to join.

I remember being in youth groups, churches and whatnot, being pressed to share my favorite holiday/birthday/etc memories or what have you, and I always tried to decline since all I had were horror stories. But they'd press me. Come on, you have to have something!

So I gave them the worst of the worst shit whenever that happened, and I began to find the humor into ruining that good christmas vibe, or whatever.

Eventually it just became funny to me to throw a wrench into the more conventional stories. I do have good memories during high school, but i definitely have to wade through some shit to get there. So that's the shit that sticks in the forefront.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Mon Jan-24-22 12:18 PM

12. "rough"
In response to Reply # 5

not sure if you did the same through elem or it started in 8th. i went to 4 different elementary schools and two middle schools. i did only go to one hs. i do think moving around so much affected me. probably part of why im still in this 3 br house by myself for the past 8 years or so lol

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 03:14 PM

6. "LOL reminds me of HS Mock Trials "
In response to Reply # 0

basically, students get scenarios, that then they prepare and go to court. civil and criminal.

We were doing a civil case my second year and I was a witness for the defendant. The case was about a fire at a barn and someone was hurt. I was suppose to talk about how it wasn't anyone's fault blah blah blah.

I go to the stand and the school who we were up against, kept asking me something and I got flustered so i went off script.

I was asked why I didn't say anything to anyone. I said i did say something to my pastor (not a person that was part of the case) Pastor Mike OxBig.

room laughs, judge gets mad, I get asked to back to seat. We lost.

¿If a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Fri Jan-21-22 04:22 PM

7. "HS Mock trials were ridiculous"
In response to Reply # 6

I was on the prosecution team, and my friend was the defendant. I went at him w/all my Perry Mason shit and got him all twisted up.

After class he comes to me kind of bummed, like 'dude, you didn't have to go that hard, I got really high before class.' Took some of the wind out of my sails tbh. Still got an A, but it felt like I almost unknowingly took PEDs or something.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat Jan-22-22 08:08 PM

10. "As a first chair trumpet band dude....(facepalm)"
In response to Reply # 0

Haha that was kinda fucked up, bruh. Why tf did you think you'd be able to play that shit when it really mattered?!? 😂

legsdiamond
79555 posts
Sat Jan-22-22 11:08 PM

11. "haha.. my boy played trumpet and was mad as shit"
In response to Reply # 10

no idea what made me believe I could do it. But there were days where I really said fuuuuuck it because it was school.

that wasn’t even the worst part. We snuck up to the balcony when the HS performed and one dude had a whistle. They made us sit in a dark classroom until the performance was over.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13452285 Previous topic | Next topic