Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13452159

Subject: "demented man meets karate man (not good for demented man)" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Wed Jan-19-22 11:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"demented man meets karate man (not good for demented man)"

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/florida-jogger-used-martial-arts-132922063.html

Florida jogger used martial arts to fight off attacker who wanted his body for 'fantasies'

Pilar Arias

Wed, January 19, 2022

A Florida teenager is charged with attempted murder after deputies say he came up with a plan to kill a jogger and keep his body in a closet "to fulfill his sexual fantasies."

Logan Smith, 18, of Cocoa allegedly attacked the jogger Monday, but his plans were thwarted when the victim overpowered him using martial arts. Smith was reportedly detained until deputies arrived at the scene, according to an arrest report obtained by FOX 35 Orlando.

Investigators said Smith had a rubber mallet, an aerosol can of Axe body spray, a belt from a robe and a sheet laid out in the driveway of his residence to assist in his plot.

"The defendant walked directly across his street where he hid behind a light pole. He placed the mallet and the Axe aerosol on the ground next to him while he waited for the to come running down the street as he did regularly for exercise," the arrest affidavit states.

Smith then allegedly tossed the robe belt over the victim's head until it was around the front area of the victim's neck. The victim immediately realized what was happening, and used his martial arts training to turn the tables on his attacker.

Deputies say Smith admitted to watching the victim's routine for about six weeks and made the decision to kill him after watching a movie that showed violent, murderous acts.

Smith reportedly detailed he was going to kill the victim by strangulation, before dragging his body into his home on the bedsheet. He said the mallet was meant to strike the victim, and the aerosol would be sprayed at the victim's eyes, disabling his vision.

Smith is being held without bond at the Brevard County Jail, according to online booking records. He is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 10.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
*switches up normal jogging routine*
Jan 20th 2022
Florida man… the AXE body spray makes me believe this is an Onion arti...
Jan 20th 2022
florida man. also, if ANY plan needs AXE body spray, u gonna fail.
Jan 20th 2022
is it the 1990s already?
Jan 20th 2022
belt from a robe = most comfy strangulation ever....
Jan 25th 2022
Jeffrey Dahmer started out this way…
Jan 25th 2022

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Thu Jan-20-22 07:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "*switches up normal jogging routine*"
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Thu Jan-20-22 10:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Florida man… the AXE body spray makes me believe this is an Onion arti..."
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu Jan-20-22 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "florida man. also, if ANY plan needs AXE body spray, u gonna fail."
In response to Reply # 0

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13190 posts
Thu Jan-20-22 11:40 AM

4. "is it the 1990s already?"
In response to Reply # 0

>Deputies say Smith admitted to watching the victim's routine
>for about six weeks and made the decision to kill him after
>watching a movie that showed violent, murderous acts.

nativesun07
Member since Mar 28th 2004
3620 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 10:52 AM

5. "belt from a robe = most comfy strangulation ever...."
In response to Reply # 0

that whole sentence with the plot and weapons laid out made me lol, stop reading, and call my lady so I could share the rest of the hilarity with someone.
I work with people that have differing abilities and I can say that some of the sweetest, loving people I've met in this work could kill someone or themselves because they wanted "to see" or "to try" something from tv
That 18 year old needs supervision

I should put that in a song

@nategoodness
www.nategoodness.com

The avatar is old. And, no, that hat was not a groovy style back then, either.

seasoned vet
Member since Jul 29th 2008
6024 posts
Tue Jan-25-22 05:29 PM

6. "Jeffrey Dahmer started out this way…"
In response to Reply # 0

well, he tried to.
by chance the jogger didnt go for a run that day.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13452159 Previous topic | Next topic