Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13448642

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Nov-24-21 12:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I have had several really painful emotional conversations
Nov 24th 2021
*hugs*
Nov 24th 2021
relatable
Nov 30th 2021
Black folks take the church (tm) with them anywhere
Nov 24th 2021
People at work are seeing my wisdom...and
Nov 24th 2021
My mom is old and has chronic pain.... she's liable to fall for scams
Nov 27th 2021
listening to an aesop album after 3 pm without coffee is not good
Nov 29th 2021
While driving from KCMO to STL Saturday I flipped off two people
Nov 29th 2021

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Nov-24-21 10:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I have had several really painful emotional conversations "
In response to Reply # 0

with family members over the past week. I am too sad to be upset. Just gotta keep moving forward.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Wed Nov-24-21 12:35 PM

4. "*hugs*"
In response to Reply # 1

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Tue Nov-30-21 08:45 AM

8. "relatable"
In response to Reply # 1

>

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Nov-24-21 11:36 AM

2. "Black folks take the church (tm) with them anywhere"
In response to Reply # 0

There’s an internal Black teams group at work
And every day they talking about “blessed” & “rising”

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

handle
Charter member
18949 posts
Wed Nov-24-21 12:05 PM

3. "People at work are seeing my wisdom...and"
In response to Reply # 0

Frankly, I'm scared. And if people here start to recognize it too then I'll know the world has gone crazy.

I tell people at work that a poorly run and chaotic project that ships without GIANT major issues is seen as a HUGE WIN.

Doesn't matter how crazy it was, what risks we took, how many people were disrespected or abused - if it ships and doesn't *blow up* then it's a huge win.

So every time we do a post-mortem on a project people don't point out any issue, or if they do they are overwhelmed by people talking about how well it went.

We never learn anything.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

handle
Charter member
18949 posts
Sat Nov-27-21 10:01 PM

5. "My mom is old and has chronic pain.... she's liable to fall for scams"
In response to Reply # 0

Maybe not a confession, but a worry.

My mother recently fracture her fibula because someone's dog broke the leash and attacked my mothers dog , and in the process knocked her down whcih fractured her leg.

She's in a lot of pain while it heals.

She was watching a TV show called "Innovation Nation with Mo Rocca" here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7e5bMwmw4E.

----
Here's the Amazon description for it:
THE PATCH: The Kailo is an innovative, non-transdermal technological patch that is both flexible and re-usable.
HOW IT WORKS: The Kailo incorporates patented nano-technology that interacts with the electrical signals in your body, naturally relieving pain.
HOW TO USE: As a general rule, start by placing your Kailo patch near (but above) your pain. Then, slowly move your Kailo away from the pain and toward your brain, following the pathway of your nervous system. Simplified, place your Kailo between your brain and the pain.

--

I mean there are science-y type words there but it's all just garbage.

She called me and wanted me to order one for her (long story, but I order all her internet items) and after talking for a minute she decided to look into it more. So she knows it's a scam but wants to believe.

Let's hope she lives a long time and I have to deal with a ton of scams.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Mon Nov-29-21 05:22 PM

6. "listening to an aesop album after 3 pm without coffee is not good "
In response to Reply # 0

😴

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Mon Nov-29-21 11:29 PM

7. "While driving from KCMO to STL Saturday I flipped off two people"
In response to Reply # 0

both were tailgating me. The first was when I was still in the KCMO area. I changed lanes for him (white male) and he put up a thumbs up from his truck back window. It pissed me off so I threw up my middle finger in return. The next was when I was much closer to St. Louis but not quite in St. Louis yet. It was a white woman. She got a real close to me and I could see her waving her hand like “get out my way.” I was trying to go around a tractor trailer and I very much intended to get back in the right lane once I was ahead of the trailer. When I saw her flicking her hand like that though, I quickly threw in my middle finger in my rear view mirror and she slowed way the fuck down. I hate road rage! I don’t even like going there with people because people are crazy. They can pull a gun on me because I pulled my finger on them. So I feel bad about it. I was right here within the city limits (STL) and I saw somebody pull a gun on another driver at a stoplight! It’s so not worth it to go there with people but this weekend I was just frustrated. Most people go 80 along that stretch of I-70 from KCMO to STL. I was going 76 because I’ve already had one ticket this year. Speed limit is 70 for most of the route.

*eye roll*

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Lobby General Discussion topic #13448642 Previous topic | Next topic