Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13448113

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Nov-17-21 12:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The performative “but Colin Kaepernick is still unemployed”
Nov 17th 2021
i havent started christmas shopping
Nov 17th 2021
I knocked 98% of mine out a week ago.
Nov 17th 2021
      i think all the shortage issues is putting a pressure on me
Nov 17th 2021
work things
Nov 17th 2021
men's room (ft tracy morgan)
Nov 18th 2021
Vegas has been fun
Nov 17th 2021
I am the most tired I've been since the baby was born
Nov 18th 2021
Why the Will Smith Book post get locked?
Nov 18th 2021
OKPs gonna OKP (aka Bamas gonna Bam)
Nov 18th 2021
there's already a post where the book is being discussed
Nov 18th 2021
      I didn't see any sneak dissing, but it was just getting corny if it's th...
Nov 18th 2021
      lmao.. promo’s joke wasn’t a sneak diss
Nov 18th 2021
There were two seperate posts, one had more posts
Nov 18th 2021
I mean, there was already a post about Will & Jada before that post but ...
Nov 18th 2021
      Just my guess on why the mods closed it
Nov 18th 2021
this CW will probably disappear now too lol
Nov 18th 2021
I hate the post office. For years they have been bringing me other
Nov 22nd 2021
Do you live in GA?
Nov 22nd 2021
      Atlanta and Charlotte had some of the worst District Managers
Nov 22nd 2021
can the mods stop this specimen from replying to me
Nov 22nd 2021
you are truly a pathetic weak human being
Jan 13th 2022

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Nov-17-21 11:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The performative “but Colin Kaepernick is still unemployed”"
In response to Reply # 0

Performed by the same white folks that did the performative “… and a good day to arrest Breonna Taylors killers”

Is one of the most annoying things on the internet in the last few years.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Nov-17-21 11:49 AM

2. "i havent started christmas shopping"
In response to Reply # 0

i feel like im messing up even though i do usually wait until the last couple of weeks. might get started this week and see if i can wrap it up.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Wed Nov-17-21 12:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I knocked 98% of mine out a week ago. "
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Nov-17-21 12:19 PM by Cold Truth

Wife and kids are sewn up.

The only thing left is a phone for my daughter, and I'm waiting until we're in full holiday swing after Thanksgiving to see if we can score a BOGO

That said, most years I'm scrambling over the last few weeks. You shouldn't feel like you're messing up though. Plenty of people are in the same boat. You just have to put it to the forefront of your mind and knock it out.

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Nov-17-21 05:51 PM

4. "i think all the shortage issues is putting a pressure on me"
In response to Reply # 3

i started thinking about what to but in early october but havent really done anything lol

i think if i knock it out this week then i will be good and it will be the earliest i have ever finished but right now im feeling the pressure.

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Nov-17-21 06:32 PM

5. "work things"
In response to Reply # 0

theres a coworker that im supposed to cover for in part since we are a small department. their work is nothing like my work, they do customer service/order entry. i do graphic design. i can kind of cover for them if everything happens in the way they explained it to me. so like 10% of the time.

we had some delays pop up on a new item that put the due date in jeopardy. while trying to figure out what to tell the customer regarding potential new dates they told me they were going to be out next wednesday. i told them me too, so they say "ugh i guess i can remote in and take care of it". they dont bother to let me know when theyre going to be out and are mad i cant cover for them? i have no idea when they requested the day off. as far as i knew they dont even have any time off left. mine was approved weeks ago so im good.

theyve been out/working from home for at least 2 full months this year with no consideration on if i needed to take off during that period.

a big part of the problem is with our boss but i do think they should at least give me a heads up on when they request time off if theyre expecting me to cover for them. i usually find out when i show up and theyre not here.

on a much different note, mens bathroom talk.

so weird. i dont like talking past a hi/whats up when in the bathroom. a nod is usually plenty.

i was in there earlier and another guy came in. as i was finishing up a third guy came in. one of them tells the other

"whats up...you cant find it??"
"its okay i cant find my own"
"you need to borrow a magnifying glass??"
"nah i got zoom on my phone"

yes, 45+ year old dudes at work making penis jokes in the bathroom. i imagine women arent having these convos in the bathroom but maybe im wrong. not sure what a similar version would be for them lol

i wonder if this is a mexican thing, local thing or if its common for guys all over.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 11:31 AM

8. "men's room (ft tracy morgan)"
In response to Reply # 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqgcspCMGs

immediaTely came to mind.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Wed Nov-17-21 08:12 PM

6. "Vegas has been fun"
In response to Reply # 0

but I couldn’t get over the time change.

every night at 10PM I started fading.

Ate an amazing steak at Blue Ribbon.

Shit is stupid expensive on the strip.

Beef Wellington is over rated.

Walked a whole lot.. felt like I was in NYC.

The service industry workers have all been nice af. Even at random spots at random times of the night when you would expect them to be exhausted or over the crowds.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 09:23 AM

7. "I am the most tired I've been since the baby was born"
In response to Reply # 0

This weekend I kicked my son out of his makeshift room and made him be roommates with his sister.

One of issues was he kept waking up in the middle of the night at least twice. Which is our fault, because we didn't do any real sleep training this go around and now dude is spoiled and wakes up and wants company.

My sleep has been in two hour blocks as a result. He wakes up at 11 and 2-3. I was going to bed sometime before or during that 11 block and waking up officially at 5.

For the last week I've gotten a full thing of sleep. Or at least 5-6 hours. Sometimes 8. But that has had the effect of what I'm guessing is my brain not just cranking up the adrenaline and muscling through life. I feel every single bit of my body and age right now and it's awful.

------

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 04:19 PM

9. "Why the Will Smith Book post get locked?"
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 04:24 PM

10. "OKPs gonna OKP (aka Bamas gonna Bam)"
In response to Reply # 9

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 04:42 PM

11. "there's already a post where the book is being discussed"
In response to Reply # 10
Thu Nov-18-21 04:47 PM by atruhead

also, the sneak dissing is getting corny

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 04:49 PM

14. "I didn't see any sneak dissing, but it was just getting corny if it's th..."
In response to Reply # 11
Thu Nov-18-21 04:51 PM by FLUIDJ

post I'm thinking it was.

Yep, just confirmed it was the one I was thinking about....I could see it was gonna turn into a shit show real quick....

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 05:34 PM

17. "lmao.. promo’s joke wasn’t a sneak diss"
In response to Reply # 11

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 04:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "There were two seperate posts, one had more posts"
In response to Reply # 9

My guess is they just kept the one that had more posts.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 04:46 PM

13. "I mean, there was already a post about Will & Jada before that post but ..."
In response to Reply # 12

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 04:54 PM

15. "Just my guess on why the mods closed it"
In response to Reply # 13

Not taking a position on whether it was right/wrong/etc

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Thu Nov-18-21 05:27 PM

16. "this CW will probably disappear now too lol"
In response to Reply # 9

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Mon Nov-22-21 10:58 AM

18. "I hate the post office. For years they have been bringing me other "
In response to Reply # 0

peoples mail. I complained to several carriers and one even wrote on the envelope some code that was supposed to indicate the person doesn’t live there. The very next day a different carrier brought that same mail back WITH the code on it. THAT was in July. today I am looking at informed delivery and that same mail piece WITH the code on to is scheduled to be delivered today.

I complained to the “supervisor” (always someone different) at the local station more than once about this and other situations. One “supervisor” said he would have a postal bucket brought for me to drop mail for people not at my address into so the carrier can take it back.The bucket never came.

At one point I went went 9 days straight with no mail (complained about it here too) and when I finally got through to the post office first they said they didn’t have a key to the building to which I replied that I live in a house so that makes no sense, then they said my mail had a stop on it to which I informed them that I never put a stop on my mail. A year later when I actually did put my mail on hold because I was out of town, I got home and there was tons of mail - some for me, but most for people who don’t live there.

So … when I don’t put a stop on my mail it doesn’t come but when I do it does. I just generally hate the post office that serves my neighborhood.

Also, the people who used to live at my address are pretty stupid. The father’s property taxes still come to my house. He said he put in a change of address but every year his city property taxes come right along (separate envelopes) with mine WITH my address one it. The son, about 19 years old, apparently applied to college using my address. He is 19! They haven’t lived there for 2 years. Why did he submit his college application using my address!?! And the grandma seems to have never submitted any form of address change EVERYTHING of hers comes to my house from IRS letters to Medicaid stuff to catalogs.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Mon Nov-22-21 01:04 PM

19. "Do you live in GA?"
In response to Reply # 18

for some reason I feel like GA mail is trash.

My sister sent me a bday card and it took 45 days to get from ATL to Charlotte

MEAT
22257 posts
Mon Nov-22-21 02:18 PM

20. "Atlanta and Charlotte had some of the worst District Managers"
In response to Reply # 19

Delivery is driven by district managers. Not carriers, not supervisors, the DM is the voice. A good DM has good delivery bad DMs dont.

If you ever have a problem, try to find the name/email of the district manager
OR
Write your congressional rep. Congressionals have a mandatory 24 response time internally.

------

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Mon Nov-22-21 05:12 PM

21. "can the mods stop this specimen from replying to me"
In response to Reply # 0

it's happened again in this post, I want nothing to do with them and I dont know why they cant get this

the only person I consistently antagonize is Binlahab, because he stayed on some bully shit and now he's delusional about being important. past that, Im not for the back and forths

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Jan-13-22 06:52 PM

22. "you are truly a pathetic weak human being"
In response to Reply # 21

I almost feel pity for you but then i remember that you are totally at fault and bear all the responsibility for your shitty ass circumstances

you corny, blubbering weak chin having grown child. its not that i THINK im important hoe. YOU do. you keep my name on your fingertips like an ancient chant.

ive never bullied you jesse. i made jokes in public to your face about your circumstances. when people who GAF about you asked me to chill...i did.

I dont know you, fool. I had never seen you. didnt know shit about you. so when i said you was a moron who got no hoes how was i supposed to know you REALLY was a moron with no hoes?

I WAS JOKING.

and then i chilled. and its been AT LEAST 15 years! maybe longer.

Yes i found it HELLA amusing when you were salty at your buddy for choosing to get laid instead of giving you a ride home from the club. It was. I would apologize for finding that funny but im not sorry.

get off my dick. please. its SOO untoward. arent you kinda embarassed at this point? a little ashamed? you too old and pointless for this. go cut the grass or something, jesse. get off my dick. lets not do this again. toodles, boo.

on sabbatical.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

Lobby General Discussion topic #13448113 Previous topic | Next topic