Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13444901

Subject: "Random Friday thoughts re: ATL, cars, trees, travel." Previous topic | Next topic
normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 07:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Random Friday thoughts re: ATL, cars, trees, travel."

ATL:

People drive fast as hell and I've kinda sorta adapted. I won't ever attempt to be a real deal ATLien driver tho. If I have enough space I will go fast. I noticed that I kinda adapted when I was going high 70's/80 mph on the open freeway and I was thinking "Hey Im not zooming past the lines in the middle of the highway fast enough. I even see local 18 wheeler drivers driving ATL style (toned down tho). I wonder what were the genesis points of the Atlanta style of driving.

Cars:

As long as I live a good distance from a bus stop and my work isn't near a bus stop or I work odd hours and live in the Atlanta area I will always have comprehensive insurance coverage on my car. And that would be one of the tips Id have for anyone moving here.

Trees: The trees I park under leave this tree sap on my car that make it look like someone shook up a coke can and sprayed it on my car. When Im driving at night/early I have a fat glare. Gonna fix that tommorow. Which leads to...car washes. Automatic no touch car washes ain't gonna cut it. It doesn't get all the dirt off and I feel jipped. Self service for me. I can do a better job for the same price or cheaper.

I haven't been out of the south in almost 4 years. I haven't been west of Louisiana in over 11 years. Maybe next year I break that barrier and more.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Wassup With Seeing Mattresses On The Side Of The Highway In ATL?
Oct 15th 2021
RE: Wassup With Seeing Mattresses On The Side Of The Highway In ATL?
Oct 21st 2021
I always think of Pac saying "Doin 80 on the FREEEway"
Oct 15th 2021
i once tried that in my first car
Oct 19th 2021
yeah I fly down i-20 about 90-100 at times
Oct 16th 2021
Someone once said the unofficial speed limit in ATL is 85.
Oct 21st 2021
I don’t think I’ll ever understand ATL. Always extra with everything...
Oct 17th 2021
How did you come to that conclusion?
Oct 19th 2021

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 10:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Wassup With Seeing Mattresses On The Side Of The Highway In ATL?"
In response to Reply # 0

I remember seeing mattresses on the side of the road back in the early 2000's in ATL, mad years go by, finally get a chance to go back to ATL and yeah they opened up even more lanes on the main highways but what's up with it still being random mattresses either on the right median or in the middle median spots on the highway?

I've never been to a city that I've seen so many spots where I keep seeing them every so often, is homelessness really that bad where people are sleeping on the highway (if so that's really dangerous)?

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

normal35762
13246 posts
Thu Oct-21-21 02:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "RE: Wassup With Seeing Mattresses On The Side Of The Highway In ATL?"
In response to Reply # 1

If you saw this near downtown people camp up under/near the highway. Other than that I don't know.

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23887 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 11:49 PM

2. "I always think of Pac saying "Doin 80 on the FREEEway""
In response to Reply # 0

It cracks me up. I did 90 on the way to the movies last week. For no good reason. I'm not bothered by the speed, but niggas not recognizing the basics of driving like stop signs and (in my subdivision) driving on the correct side of the street.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16418 posts
Tue Oct-19-21 12:48 PM

6. "i once tried that in my first car"
In response to Reply # 2

had the 2pac song bumping and i was like you know what im gonna see what this car can do. i think it got to 90 before it overheated lol i paid $900 for the car so what did i expect?

it was a first gen eclipse for anyone wonder. it was over 10 years old at that time with plenty of miles on it from the previous owner(s).

Lach
Charter member
44327 posts
Sat Oct-16-21 08:44 PM

3. "yeah I fly down i-20 about 90-100 at times"
In response to Reply # 0

Have gotten so familiar with where the cops sit. I did get pulled over going 87 in a 70 a couple months ago. But just got a warning. I told the officer the truth which was I was late getting to a dentist appointment and the trooper just told me to keep the speed down lol. I didn't drive like that when I lived in College Park. But when I moved way out to Newton County I just got tired of constantly being on the highway and started speeding more and more.

normal35762
13246 posts
Thu Oct-21-21 02:24 AM

8. "Someone once said the unofficial speed limit in ATL is 85."
In response to Reply # 3

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44622 posts
Sun Oct-17-21 12:32 PM

4. "I don’t think I’ll ever understand ATL. Always extra with everything..."
In response to Reply # 0

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79810 posts
Tue Oct-19-21 12:42 PM

5. "How did you come to that conclusion? "
In response to Reply # 4

I think every city has something they are know for but your response seems a bit generic.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Lobby General Discussion topic #13444901 Previous topic | Next topic