Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13444668

Subject: "How is the Biden presidency so far?" Previous topic | Next topic
PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 11:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: How is the Biden presidency so far?"

Poll result (31 votes)
A roaring success (1 votes)Vote
Pretty good (11 votes)Vote
Mediocre (3 votes)Vote
Disappointing (10 votes)Vote
A total failure (6 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Pretty good considering REALITY
Oct 14th 2021
Trump was president. We doing ok now.
Oct 14th 2021
/post
Oct 14th 2021
Incomplete...
Oct 14th 2021
is it even fair to rate it?
Oct 14th 2021
RE: How is the Biden presidency so far?
Oct 14th 2021
that's some petyt bullshit
Oct 14th 2021
Enjoy brunch
Oct 14th 2021
You guys on Medicare for All right now? Really?
Oct 14th 2021
Medicare for All during a pandemic? That's ridiculous!
Oct 14th 2021
Bernie's not going to be president
Oct 14th 2021
RE: Bernie's not going to be president
Oct 14th 2021
Sorry for who?
Oct 15th 2021
      for reaction
Oct 15th 2021
this group don't give a fuck about policy, lol
Oct 14th 2021
It won't matter
Oct 14th 2021
Yep this. I'm pleasantly surprised by a lot of Biden's positions.
Oct 14th 2021
trash
Oct 14th 2021
im disappointed but considered voting mediocre
Oct 14th 2021
I agree here.
Oct 14th 2021
Boring. And that's better.
Oct 14th 2021
all i wanted was stability.
Oct 15th 2021
You're identifying three decades of bi-partisan executive "damage"
Oct 15th 2021
      I also think it's a little disingenuous to say progress *has* to be slow...
Oct 15th 2021
      this bipartisan gang warfare is why I favor slower movement
Oct 18th 2021
           You missed the point. Time is an issue.
Oct 18th 2021
      Oh, I just stopped at Clinton because I didnt want keep going.
Oct 18th 2021
Disappointing
Oct 15th 2021
It's been trash
Oct 15th 2021
Yo get TWO CHOICES
Oct 15th 2021
      Damn near anything would have been better. That ain't saying much
Oct 15th 2021
...political...
Oct 15th 2021
lol
Oct 15th 2021

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 12:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Pretty good considering REALITY"
In response to Reply # 0

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 12:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Trump was president. We doing ok now."
In response to Reply # 0

Not perfect. No.
Lots of work to do.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 12:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "/post"
In response to Reply # 2

<--- Big Baller World Order

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 12:25 PM

4. "Incomplete..."
In response to Reply # 0

A big part of it depends on whether the Dems in Congress can get their legislative act together.

PROMO
Charter member
30966 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 12:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "is it even fair to rate it?"
In response to Reply # 0

i ask because what would we be saying about it if half of our elected officials weren't totally delusional and hostile towards it?

we'd undoubtedly be getting a lot more out of it and we'd look at it in a different light.

reaction
Member since Aug 09th 2019
315 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 12:46 PM

6. "RE: How is the Biden presidency so far?"
In response to Reply # 0

Take a look through anything on this timeline:

https://twitter.com/WaitingOnBiden

and ask yourself how anyone can just ignore it all and act like everything is good just because Trump is gone

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:08 PM

7. "that's some petyt bullshit"
In response to Reply # 6
Thu Oct-14-21 01:09 PM by handle

Post 1:
Biden promised he would send a third stimulus check equal to $2,000.

Instead, he only sent $1,400, and to 17 million fewer Americans than received Trump's relief.
--
So I guess he should just go fuck himself and we get Trump back??

This account has no judgement - just JUDGEMENT.

Troll account.

------------

reaction
315 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:25 PM

9. "Enjoy brunch"
In response to Reply # 7

Anyone who is voting "pretty good" is just ignorant to what is really going on (or doesn't care about policy) and because the list is so vast that timeline is just a good quick way to stay up on it all.

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4876 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:35 PM

12. "You guys on Medicare for All right now? Really?"
In response to Reply # 6

Read the fucking room.

There's plenty to be frustrated and disappointed by, but your fever dreams of M4A are not it.

Even Bernie is being pragmatic about the situation.

There was an attempted far right White Nationalist Coup and voting rights are being gutted...and you guys are tweeting purity tests and shit.

Dem leadership can't even get Sinema not to girlboss her way out of town to meet with donors or commit to what she wants changed....Manchin is out here calling the BIDEN AGENDA entitlements.....can't even pass the BIDEN AGENDA....

And you guys are rage tweeting about M4A and insurance company contributions?

Read the room.

reaction
315 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:51 PM

16. "Medicare for All during a pandemic? That's ridiculous!"
In response to Reply # 12
Thu Oct-14-21 01:53 PM by reaction

To me the room looks like a country with one of the highest death rates for Covid in the world where more people have died from it under Biden than Trump https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1445742423808765966?s=20 Where's Biden's promised public option? Obviously if there was no progress on any of this during a global pandemic the opportunity has been completely shot and it probably won't happen for decades if at all.

And Sinema and Manchin are just the rotating villains du jour, if they weren't there it would be someone else.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/03/16/medicare-all-would-have-prevented-hundreds-thousands-covid-deaths-new-report

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:44 PM

13. "Bernie's not going to be president"
In response to Reply # 6

I'm sorry

reaction
315 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:55 PM

17. "RE: Bernie's not going to be president"
In response to Reply # 13

Your loss. I'm Canadian as I'm sure to be reminded soon.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 11:25 AM

24. "Sorry for who?"
In response to Reply # 13

Yall say this shit like we really out here winning simply because Trump lost.

IMO the POTUS aint even that big of a deal.. he is like the commissioner of the NFL.

Biden winning is cool in all but CONGRESS is the real issue.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 11:59 AM

26. "for reaction"
In response to Reply # 24

bernie/biden is his thing on here

but i didnt even know not-vex was canadian, so what do i know

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 11:30 PM

19. "this group don't give a fuck about policy, lol"
In response to Reply # 6

they wanted trump gone BECAUSE they got tired of having to pay attention to politics...which is how we ended up with Trump in the first place.

americans are politically illiterate with the memory/attention span of a fruit fly

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4876 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:19 PM

8. "It won't matter"
In response to Reply # 0

If nothing is done about Jan 6th and the various other attempts/plans to undermine democracy/voting...it doesn't fucking matter.

This moment called for FDR-era type approach...the Democrats inability to unify and meet the moment has been extremely disappointing and starting to get scary.

I'm not even necessarily talking about a Leftist agenda or anything.

I'm talking about something as simple (should be) as voting rights and holding Trump admin- and other actors- accountable.

Hell, there was momentum to expel a few GOP Congressmen in Jan/Feb....

They always fail to capitalize on momentum. They galaxy brain/ consutlant/honor norms some shit into a fucking loss. Every time.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:47 PM

14. "Yep this. I'm pleasantly surprised by a lot of Biden's positions."
In response to Reply # 8

But if he can't get the team together to achieve true justice for Jan 6th (this is on Garland, too) and to pass a comprehensive voting rights bill (as well as, IMO, to pack the supreme court .. although the first two issues are far more critical) everything else will be for naught. We'll be under minority/authoritarian rule for the rest of our lives.

I still see McConnell's stupid fucking alien face in mass media coverage far more than I see Schumer's, which is pretty telling/indicative of how things are going for Biden/the dems. If you were only half-assed paying attention you'd think repugs still controlled all 3 branches of gov't.

>If nothing is done about Jan 6th and the various other
>attempts/plans to undermine democracy/voting...it doesn't
>fucking matter.
>
>
>This moment called for FDR-era type approach...the Democrats
>inability to unify and meet the moment has been extremely
>disappointing and starting to get scary.
>
>
>I'm not even necessarily talking about a Leftist agenda or
>anything.
>
>
>I'm talking about something as simple (should be) as voting
>rights and holding Trump admin- and other actors-
>accountable.
>
>Hell, there was momentum to expel a few GOP Congressmen in
>Jan/Feb....
>
>
>They always fail to capitalize on momentum. They galaxy
>brain/ consutlant/honor norms some shit into a fucking loss.
>Every time.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:26 PM

10. "trash"
In response to Reply # 0

>

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:31 PM

11. "im disappointed but considered voting mediocre"
In response to Reply # 0

i do not at all regret voting for biden and this is definitely better than having trump back in office.

i dont blame biden for the lack of progress but i am disappointed that he hasnt found a way to just push some more stuff through. i am hoping that there is a plan and the infrastructure and social spending plans will go through. if it they pass the plans ill go back to feeling likes its pretty good...well better than that. maybe not roaring success because i do hope more can be done about immigration.

my biggest worry is that the obstruction and what gets cut in the plans ends up affecting the midterms. i know the expectation is dems will lose seats but that really cant happen.

i feel like giving up on the minimum wage bump in the stimulus bill is affecting the job numbers we are seeing now and that is exactly why manchin and the rest of the cons fought so hard to keep it from happening.

if he is able to keep enough good stuff in the plans that do pass then i might have worried for nothing.

so i am disappointed but i am realistic and would definitely vote again for him if thats what it comes to in 2024. i will definitely be voting in the midterms. i know the biggest reason i am disappointed is because there are not enough dem senators. unfortunately my great (heh) state of texas wasnt able to help on that front.

Brew
24419 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 01:50 PM

15. "I agree here."
In response to Reply # 11

>i dont blame biden for the lack of progress but i am
>disappointed that he hasnt found a way to just push some more
>stuff through.

It's definitely not 100% on him but it's ultimately his responsibility to bring the dems together so he shoulders good chunk of the blame. IMO a lot of it is still a problem of messaging within the party. The majority of the country, including a good chunk of repugs and independents, are in favor of the policies dems are pushing. With that type of momentum there's gotta be a way to give an ultimatum to pieces of shit like Manchin and Sinema to get shit done. They're literally hurting their own constituents. Put the pressure on by any means necessary. Take a page from repugs' playbook on how to convince middle of the road losers that it's get on board or get primaried, or something.

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43744 posts
Thu Oct-14-21 07:16 PM

18. "Boring. And that's better. "
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 10:37 AM

20. "all i wanted was stability. "
In response to Reply # 0

we need stability to slowly unfuck things.

no president, no great man or woman would be able to ever undo the damage Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton did or make things magically amazing overnight. I believe that is an immature way to see the world.

We're recalibrating priorities, this takes time and a LOT of dedication.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Walleye
Charter member
15522 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 10:42 AM

21. "You're identifying three decades of bi-partisan executive "damage""
In response to Reply # 20

But a lot of that looked like "stability" while it was happening, so you're still short of any concrete way to evaluate Biden's presidency here.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Brew
24419 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 10:58 AM

22. "I also think it's a little disingenuous to say progress *has* to be slow..."
In response to Reply # 21

When faced with the types of simultaneous crises we're faced with right now in just about every aspect of American life, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect extreme measures to be taken. FDR was bold and took risks to get done what needed to get done, i.e. threatening to expand/pack the SC to get what he needed out of them.

I don't think it's asking too much for Biden to be equally as bold. We're legitimately less than 2 years away from the end of democracy, so I think it's imperative that a president whose party holds power in all three branches to take bold action to ensure society doesn't collapse. Call me crazy.

double negative
22151 posts
Mon Oct-18-21 09:34 AM

32. "this bipartisan gang warfare is why I favor slower movement"
In response to Reply # 22

be bold and risk getting nothing done

if there were some chance being bold lead to results, then I am all for that as well.

i don't care about how it gets done, just that it gets done

Brew
24419 posts
Mon Oct-18-21 10:27 AM

33. "You missed the point. Time is an issue."
In response to Reply # 32
Mon Oct-18-21 10:31 AM by Brew

i.e. if they're not bold now, they won't *have* the chance to progress slowly. Democracy is set to end in just over a year once repugs take back congress. The climate crisis must be acted on *now* or the planet will literally eat us all.

When you're 30 feet from crashing your car into a brick wall you can't tap the brakes and merge left. Democrats have all the power *now* probably for the last time ever and not for much longer unless they take drastic measures. To believe otherwise is to be naive about repugs and their obvious, stated intentions and desires.

>be bold and risk getting nothing done
>
>if there were some chance being bold lead to results, then I
>am all for that as well.
>
>i don't care about how it gets done, just that it gets done

double negative
22151 posts
Mon Oct-18-21 09:32 AM

31. "Oh, I just stopped at Clinton because I didnt want keep going. "
In response to Reply # 21

When I think about fuckery in the presidential office, I go back to Nixon, FDR, Old Hickory, etc.

All of it.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 11:23 AM

23. "Disappointing "
In response to Reply # 0

I’m goad Trump is out but now that he is gone its time for the Dems to get their shit together.

Biden the POTUS is fine when it comes to stupid as name calling and shitty tweets but as far as getting Dems on the same page?

How can anyone NOT see this as disappointing?

4 years of Trump and Dems can’t use that momentum to push shit thru?

and nah, Jan 6th isn’t high on my list of things they need to address. Punishing ng those people wont solve the labor shortage, daycare shortage, climate, medicare, student loans, COL, etc…

Help the people dammit!!

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Hitokiri
Charter member
22106 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 11:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
25. "It's been trash"
In response to Reply # 0

and the fact that people are like "better than Trump" is so fucking annoying. To have your standards and expctations lowered that much is embarrassing.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 12:26 PM

27. "Yo get TWO CHOICES"
In response to Reply # 25

Worse or better.

Biden is better.

There is no, and there will never be a "SUPER DUPER SUPER BETTER" option. IT WILL NEVE RHAPPEN LIKE THAT.

Now, 'much, much, much worse" is a real option, and we got that with Reagan, Bush, and Trump.

So better than fucking Trump may not my you cream your jeans - but it's BETTER.

------------

Hitokiri
Charter member
22106 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 04:46 PM

30. "Damn near anything would have been better. That ain't saying much"
In response to Reply # 27

and "better than Trump" certainly ain't saying it's good.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

nativesun07
Member since Mar 28th 2004
3620 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 12:40 PM

28. "...political..."
In response to Reply # 0

I should put that in a song

@nategoodness
www.nategoodness.com

The avatar is old. And, no, that hat was not a groovy style back then, either.

Brotha Sun
Member since Dec 31st 2009
6778 posts
Fri Oct-15-21 04:13 PM

29. "lol"
In response to Reply # 0

"They used to call me Baby Luke....but now? The whole damn 2 Liiiive Crew."

Lobby General Discussion topic #13444668 Previous topic | Next topic