Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13443804

Subject: "Did you learn anything from Frances Haugen" Previous topic | Next topic
infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Oct-05-21 04:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Did you learn anything from Frances Haugen"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/03/tech/facebook-whistleblower-60-minutes/index.html

noun
noun: whistleblower
a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity.

Did this product manager (or whatever role she filled) tell you anything revealing regarding Facebook? Is she REALLY a whistleblower? Her 2 years as a product manager didn't reveal anything (TO ME) that made me dislike social media PERIOD any less than I do already. With all the controversy that's surrounded Mr. Zuckerberg, the public has probly more 'evidence' than anything. So what really just happened in this interview cause it looks like NOTHING.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Planted story to cover up the real reason they went offline
Oct 06th 2021
She walked out with all kinds of documents though
Oct 06th 2021
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-facebook-files-11631713039
Oct 06th 2021
actual evidence
Oct 06th 2021
pawg
Oct 06th 2021
is this based on her forehead or jaw line?
Oct 06th 2021
      she was rockin a business skirt during the hearing
Oct 06th 2021

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Oct-06-21 07:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Planted story to cover up the real reason they went offline"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-06-21 07:29 AM by flipnile

Probably had all sorts of code related to how Facebook manipulates the flow of information through their network that needed to be removed.

While it's their private platform, and they can technically do what they want with it, manipulating information might bright about some legal troubles, based on if they are operating as a platform or a publisher:

https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/12/publisher-or-platform-it-doesnt-matter

If FB is a platform, and users knowingly post false stories, then that's on the users

If FB is a publisher, and knowingly promotes false user stories, then that's on FB.

Of course Facebook is a huge company, so it's always a big "might" if the law is the same for them, or if there's a legal entity with enough muscle to even attempt to take them on.

Facebook is huge network. The code I'm alleging could have been used to manipulate global markets for the company's benefit. Same with elections, social & political views, etc.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Wed Oct-06-21 09:04 AM

2. "She walked out with all kinds of documents though "
In response to Reply # 0

I didn’t necessarily learn anything new either from the interview. But I would love to find out what the documents show

Also FB starting the smear campaign against her is right out of .. the big tobacco playbook. It backfired on them back in the day. Hope the strategy backfires for FB too.

It’s still super early of course and I’m just being hopeful for a change lol

vik
Charter member
13505 posts
Wed Oct-06-21 10:56 AM

6. "https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-facebook-files-11631713039"
In response to Reply # 2

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-facebook-files-11631713039

---

But hell, what do I know?

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Wed Oct-06-21 09:19 AM

3. "actual evidence"
In response to Reply # 0

we all knew it but she had documents that show FB was aware and an active participant.

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4382 posts
Wed Oct-06-21 10:36 AM

4. "pawg"
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Wed Oct-06-21 10:41 AM

5. "is this based on her forehead or jaw line?"
In response to Reply # 4

I need visual evidence

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4382 posts
Wed Oct-06-21 05:09 PM

7. "she was rockin a business skirt during the hearing"
In response to Reply # 5

white girls eatin good these days

Lobby General Discussion topic #13443804 Previous topic | Next topic