Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13443372

Subject: "Okfit what are you working on?" Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 10:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Okfit what are you working on?"

I had a great path towards losing weight until April. And then shit went down with the job. And my limited free time went into job hunting.
Now I’m having trouble getting the want to diet to keep weight down. So I may end up doing portion limiting Instead.
As far as exercising, I’m a person that needs a goal. In the short term Ive just been doing shit. But I need something to point to. And I’m not there yet.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm so washed right now.
Sep 30th 2021
I “started” Olympic weightlifting last night
Sep 30th 2021
      If you like it I'd just work on the mobility issue.
Sep 30th 2021
I'm frustrated at the moment.
Sep 30th 2021
I need to start bulking up...I think I went too hard in the paint with r...
Sep 30th 2021
runners look weak lol
Sep 30th 2021
Consistency
Sep 30th 2021
I got dumbbells, a kettle bell, and a battle rope. Can you tell me what ...
Sep 30th 2021
Fitbod app. $60 a year
Sep 30th 2021
RE: Consistency
Dec 07th 2021
Gym has become my therapy over the years
Sep 30th 2021
RE: Okfit what are you working on?
Sep 30th 2021
working on having a round belly and flabby arms.
Sep 30th 2021
nothing for past two months and I feel bad
Sep 30th 2021
Ive been going hammmm sammmich the past 1.5 months
Sep 30th 2021
Started cardio (jogging) last week after quite some time off
Oct 01st 2021
4 months in and i'm fucking jacked LOL
Dec 01st 2021
trying to get back to form
Dec 01st 2021
Keep going man you can do it
Dec 03rd 2021
Keep going man you can do it
Dec 03rd 2021
strength to you, bro…I’ve been there…
Dec 04th 2021
Self compassion, lol
Dec 03rd 2021
I've built a pretty solid system to stay engaged
Dec 03rd 2021
rebuilding my squat form.
Dec 04th 2021
Just got an AppleWatch Series 7
Dec 15th 2021
Nah, Applewatch is legit. Accuracy is dependent on proper
Dec 15th 2021
      THANKS this helps a lot
Dec 17th 2021
I have a disc bulge at L5 and i've been out since November.. :(
Dec 15th 2021
Damn sorry to hear
Dec 17th 2021
Putting together and exercise space and consistency.
Dec 20th 2021

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44257 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 10:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm so washed right now."
In response to Reply # 0

I gained like 50lbs during the pandemic and just CANNOT seem to shake it.

I've no interest in working out, although I do truly want to start eating better.

I'm at a place where I CAN start working out more, I'm just trying to figure out how/what, you know?

I've been considering powerlifting and I def have been wanting to get into some kind of combat training.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 11:12 AM

2. "I “started” Olympic weightlifting last night"
In response to Reply # 1

I don’t have the hip mobility. So I’ll be starting something else.

------

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44257 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 01:03 PM

10. "If you like it I'd just work on the mobility issue."
In response to Reply # 2

it's not impossible to improve.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

soulfunk
Charter member
10998 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 11:16 AM

3. "I'm frustrated at the moment."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Sep-30-21 11:16 AM by soulfunk

I lost 150 lbs between 2018 and 2019, kept all that off for a year, and over the last year have gained back around 50 lbs.

The frustrating thing is I'm doing just about all the right things. was VERY consistent with workouts (powerlifting, cardio) up until the pandemic. Went maybe 4-5 months of not lifting, and only doing inconsistent cardio at home. Gained maybe 10-15 lbs through those first months of the pandemic. Last fall I built a NICE home gym in my garage - full setup of Rogue products. Squat rack, bench, multiple barbells, open trap bar, plenty of bumper plates, etc. Been back lifting consistently since then, but have been steadily gaining weight.

In terms of diet I've been doing the same thing for 3 years - mostly 16/8 intermittent fasting. When I was REALLY in a zone of buring fat I was doing 20/4, one meal a day. So...up above I mentioned I was doing just about all the right things - the biggest difference is I'm doing very little cardio at all, and I'm doing 16/8 and never pushing fasts longer than that. What I need to do to get serious about losing what I've gained is start calorie tracking.

But I HATE tracking calories, and I seem to have a mental block on the drive to push forward with doing that, because I think my mind defaults to "you lost 150 lbs without tracking, you don't need to do that!" so every time I start logging meals I fall off in a few days. It is VERY easy to go over a calorie goal with 16/8 fasting. So I need to either build up the fasting muscle back to doing 20/4 (I just don't have that drive like I used to) or I need to get the habit of tracking calories down. I also need to get cardio back into the routine. It's fun lifting regularly and getting stronger, but it's demoralizing seeing the scale go up and not being able to fit into some of my pre-pandemic work clothes.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 11:37 AM

4. "I need to start bulking up...I think I went too hard in the paint with r..."
In response to Reply # 0

the past 2 years and i'm not really feeling this slim-fat-40+ -Dad-bod- runner's physique I got going on. I dialed back the running once summer hit in order to put on a tad bit of weight....but it went straight to my stomach and nowhere else lol...

tariqhu
Charter member
17883 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 04:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "runners look weak lol"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu Sep-30-21 04:09 PM by tariqhu

I look like a runner right now

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 12:09 PM

5. "Consistency"
In response to Reply # 0

I finished my last block at the start of September. 30lb PR on bench, 10 on Squats. I don’t work squats as much since I play soccer.
And I might’ve been back to the gym 3 times since? Been back on daily all this week though. On a new block. Experimenting with deadlifting.

<--- Big Baller World Order

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 12:25 PM

6. "I got dumbbells, a kettle bell, and a battle rope. Can you tell me what ..."
In response to Reply # 5

with these things??

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 12:40 PM

7. "Fitbod app. $60 a year"
In response to Reply # 6

I’ll send you a link.

------

JAke_one
Member since Dec 28th 2007
103 posts
Tue Dec-07-21 12:05 PM

24. "RE: Consistency"
In response to Reply # 5

dead's going to help build those hammies, you'll be looking like Traoré in no time

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 12:41 PM

8. "Gym has become my therapy over the years"
In response to Reply # 0

I consistently workout 6 times a week for the last 9 years attacking a different body part each day, resting on Sundays. Where I've slacked at is with diet over the last 2 years in particular. But because I'm been consistently working out still, I've become extremely strong and gained a lot of muscle as of late. But I really gotta get down about 50lbs. Especially when people are asking me if I'm related to Von Miller lol. So I've been reaching out to fellow builders and people I follow to get meal plans. Cuz I suck at staying eating right.

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 12:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "RE: Okfit what are you working on?"
In response to Reply # 0

Slipped off cross fit last 6 weeks because of work.

But back on my Iron Wolf shit... (check him on youtube)

it is terrible but necessary

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

tariqhu
Charter member
17883 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 04:13 PM

12. "working on having a round belly and flabby arms."
In response to Reply # 0

it's going pretty good so far with this poor diet and lack of real exercising.

I'm nursing some injuries. tennis elbow in both arms. so not lifting knee won't let me great as a runner right now. not sure if that'll get better or not.

so alladat changed my will to work out and my body shows it. basically in the worst shape of my life. I'm still fly though.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 05:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "nothing for past two months and I feel bad"
In response to Reply # 0

about it

but MIL fell and is in rehab since July, over summer, dad fell ill and passed in August

Time to get back to it

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Thu Sep-30-21 11:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "Ive been going hammmm sammmich the past 1.5 months"
In response to Reply # 0

Been doing 5-6 times a week. Trying to lean bulk but my main goal is to work on weak points and shed down to 170-175lbs. It’s hard to do when i like eating chips so much lol

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Fri Oct-01-21 05:23 PM

15. "Started cardio (jogging) last week after quite some time off"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Oct-01-21 05:24 PM by flipnile

Gotta get consistent tho. As soon as I started, the weather turned and now it's colder out and harder to get motivated.

I also need new jogging gear. Like, everything... new sneaks, new shorts, new tank, and a new sweatsuit. My current stuff is all 10-20 years old. and/or in tatters.

Heinz
20759 posts
Wed Dec-01-21 05:25 PM

16. "4 months in and i'm fucking jacked LOL"
In response to Reply # 0

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8049 posts
Wed Dec-01-21 05:55 PM

17. "trying to get back to form"
In response to Reply # 0

had an awful several months long depressive episode (likely still in it but not as deep) this year. basically stopped exercising completely when i was previously putting in about 8 hours a week. diet slipped, gained weight, sleep went to shit. just dismal

however i'm getting back on track thanks to a job and shift change. i excised about 60 grams of sugar a day from my diet about a month ago, which has done wonders for me. just need to get back to 80 miles/week on the old stationary and knock off these depression pounds. lost a lot of my upper body gains but i don't feel that weak. core strength is down a bit but nothing debilitating or irreparable

Heinz
20759 posts
Fri Dec-03-21 01:43 AM

18. "Keep going man you can do it"
In response to Reply # 17

Heinz
20759 posts
Fri Dec-03-21 01:43 AM

19. "Keep going man you can do it"

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Sat Dec-04-21 10:41 AM

22. "strength to you, bro…I’ve been there…"

I’ve been bodybuilding since high school and even when everything was gone to shit, it was always there. At my worst, though, in 2020 I didn’t even want to do that. Please keep at it.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Backbone
Charter member
8448 posts
Fri Dec-03-21 01:19 PM

20. "Self compassion, lol"
In response to Reply # 0

2020 was shitty, fell deep into a weed addiction and stopped exercising all but completely. I finally managed to turn things around during the first two months of this year, only for a rotator cuff injury to fuck up my workout groove. Didn't relapse with the smoking, so that's good, but working out was hard to do with so much upper body stuff off limits.

I did manage to do my PT exercises for the most part and my shoulder is finally starting to feel like its old self again. Now I'm just trying to pace myself: running a few times a week, doing home workouts for strength, continuing the PT exercises for injury prevention.

I feel almost ready to go back to the gym. But the main challenge is being okay with how I look and feel right now. Weight has never been an issue, and I'm doing okay compared to most of my friends, but for some reason it never feels like it's enough and the resulting frustration and insecurity only make it harder to keep doing what I need to do. So I'm trying to be nice to myself and to take pleasure in being just generally physically active, without too much focus on results.

snacks
Member since Sep 15th 2005
5814 posts
Fri Dec-03-21 11:38 PM

21. "I've built a pretty solid system to stay engaged"
In response to Reply # 0

I've had a problem with consistency since I stopped hooping and lifting in 2018. I'd try one thing, then if I liked it, would just do that, and would eventually get tired of it. Or I'd like the idea but not like the way I was being taught. Now I've found gyms and instructors that I enjoy and that challenge me. I box once a week, do Muay Thai once, hot yoga twice, and have a "utility" day (sometimes I spin and I did a stint with Orange Theory). Been doing this since September and have seen great results, along with logging my meals

The Brand Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@themonarchbrand
https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/2023071.rss

The Life Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@thewaterpodcast
https://redcircle.com/shows/the-water-podcast

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Sat Dec-04-21 01:00 PM

23. "rebuilding my squat form."
In response to Reply # 0

finished w/ soccer about a month ago so I started a new program. decided to start over from just the bar for squats and drill form hard af. going pretty well so far. i'm back up to repping out 225 easy. just taking it very slow w/ the weight progression but I think I can fly past my old maxes this way.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Heinz
20759 posts
Wed Dec-15-21 11:27 AM

25. "Just got an AppleWatch Series 7"
In response to Reply # 0

worked out with it for the first time last night. I know it's not super accurate but its good to have a number of how much i'm burning while lifting + cardio each session.

any tips from other apple watch users?

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Wed Dec-15-21 11:43 AM

26. "Nah, Applewatch is legit. Accuracy is dependent on proper"
In response to Reply # 25
Wed Dec-15-21 11:44 AM by FLUIDJ

fit as with any hear rate sensor.
Take advantage of the Apple Heath app metrics and look into other apps that tie into the Apple Health ecosystem.

I use this one app called Health Fit that provides a better layout than the native Apple Health app, it also serves as a conduit to share workout data with other fitness apps like Strava. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/healthfit/id1202650514

If you subscribe to Apple Music, know that you can use Apple Music from the watch which was a primary selling feature for me. And if you have the Apple Watch LTE version with a carrier, then you can ditch your phone when you exercise. The Apple Watch & Apple Music integration is the main reason i'm not on Spotify or Tidal.

If you're into running, there's an EXCELLENT app for intervals that I use called Intervals Pro: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/intervals-pro-interval-timer/id957586938

Pro tip...don't bother installing standalone Strava on the Apple Watch...just use the native Apple Watch excercise program and then SYNC the results back to Strava or whatever app you chose.

Don't be afraid to max out the features on the watch...the battery WILL last a full day with no issues. Constant heart rate monitoring, max brightness, alladat...use that shit yo...

Heinz
20759 posts
Fri Dec-17-21 12:29 PM

28. "THANKS this helps a lot"
In response to Reply # 26

I just have the GPS one but my phone is always in my gym bag and not being distracted by it helps as im able to control my music and playlists from the watch even for Spotify. I love that when im working out i just have to swipe to get to those controls.

I'll look into adding Health Fit into it. Right now I am running all those things to the max like you said and battery life has been great.

Also love that I can unlock my MacBook with the watch.

Thanks for the tips

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Wed Dec-15-21 11:49 AM

27. "I have a disc bulge at L5 and i've been out since November.. :( "
In response to Reply # 0

I'm feeling sloppy as shit right now...
Been going to a chiropractor the past 3 weeks for adjustments....ONLY because the first doctor did trigger point injects to relieve the pain and those lasted only 24hrs... their next recommendation was to do an Epidural Injection at the nerve....that shit sounded extreme and like just another band-aid... hoping chiropractor can achieve same pain relief results without a needle and drugs..and dangers of sticking a needle adjacent to my spinal chord...

So come January...going to have to figure out if I get back into running or find something else. I need to get back on this rower, so maybe that? I gave up on the Fitbod app...
Maybe time to invest in a personal trainer

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

Heinz
20759 posts
Fri Dec-17-21 12:30 PM

29. "Damn sorry to hear"
In response to Reply # 27

Ask them to do the ring dinger lol or whatever that spinal decompression move is.

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Mon Dec-20-21 12:01 PM

30. "Putting together and exercise space and consistency."
In response to Reply # 0

Finally got my basement cleared out. I have an exercise pad to put down, my elliptical is getting repaired. Bought a new bowflex 4.1s bench to use with my 550's.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13443372 Previous topic | Next topic