Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13443020

Subject: "GD Comic Book Post" Previous topic | Next topic
Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Fri Sep-24-21 09:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"GD Comic Book Post"

We haven't done one of these in a while.

The X-books - Man, I'm loving this whole Krakoa set up. It's a really fresh take on the X-Universe. Sure, it's got some wild, way out things going on. And not everything has been a hit. But I like the way they've stretched out the usual limitations of the X-books.

On the flip, the Avengers has been kinda flat to me lately. I like Echo but the Phoenix story was just "Meh," to me.

Immortal Hulk is coming to an end. It's been a bizarre ride but similar to the X-Men, it's a weird, new take from a different angle.

Over in the DC World, I feel the same about the Justice League. I like this lineup but I don't feel like the stories have grabbed me yet.

I guess the JLA vs the Legion of Super Heroes is coming. I wish they could find a solid, permanent foothold for the Legion. And I don't think they need to reboot the title. There's decades of history to play around with. There's no need to delete all that and start over.

I saw a story that said they think Saga may be on its way back soon.

Anything else you guys are checking out?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Something is killing the children
Sep 24th 2021
Priest’s USAgent was kinda disappointing. I hope he continues with it...
Sep 24th 2021
I've Gotten Back Into Collecting
Sep 25th 2021
I got 3 comics yesterday.
Oct 01st 2021
Checked Out Icon and Rocket and it was good to me.
Oct 04th 2021
      "Bitter Root" Does Have Trade Paperbacks
Oct 05th 2021
           Thanks. Trade paperback is way Id go.
Oct 07th 2021

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Fri Sep-24-21 01:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Something is killing the children"
In response to Reply # 0

Hella dope.

Keep meaning to go back and start immortal hulk from the beginning heard nothing but good things

The Conan reboots for marvel hella satisfying as well

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21496 posts
Fri Sep-24-21 07:04 PM

2. "Priest’s USAgent was kinda disappointing. I hope he continues with it..."
In response to Reply # 0

>
> We haven't done one of these in a while.
>
> The X-books - Man, I'm loving this whole Krakoa set up. It's
>a really fresh take on the X-Universe. Sure, it's got some
>wild, way out things going on. And not everything has been a
>hit. But I like the way they've stretched out the usual
>limitations of the X-books.
>
> On the flip, the Avengers has been kinda flat to me lately.
>I like Echo but the Phoenix story was just "Meh," to me.
>
> Immortal Hulk is coming to an end. It's been a bizarre ride
>but similar to the X-Men, it's a weird, new take from a
>different angle.
>
> Over in the DC World, I feel the same about the Justice
>League. I like this lineup but I don't feel like the stories
>have grabbed me yet.
>
> I guess the JLA vs the Legion of Super Heroes is coming. I
>wish they could find a solid, permanent foothold for the
>Legion. And I don't think they need to reboot the title.
>There's decades of history to play around with. There's no
>need to delete all that and start over.
>
> I saw a story that said they think Saga may be on its way
>back soon.
>
> Anything else you guys are checking out?

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Sat Sep-25-21 12:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I've Gotten Back Into Collecting"
In response to Reply # 0

I shouldn't be buying any damn comics but when you work at a spot that sells them, you can't help but get a few, I use to be a big collector when I was in Jr. High to High School and stopped completely when I went to college (only cause I got into buying vinyl & cds).

I'm still a person who puts art over storyline or writers so if the art doesn't interest me, then I won't even read it, but it's not too many titles that have mediocre or terrible art, just a few.

Here is what I've been subscribing to (mostly art Marvel titles, sorry):
"Amazing Fantasy": (taking superhero storyline and doing it from a fantasy world angle is cool, it's been two issues so far but I'm digging it).

"Avengers Mech Strike" & "Avengers Tech-On Avengers" (I've always been a Iron Man & Transformers fan, so this is right up my ally, writing could be better, it's straight forward but the art keeps me interested).

"Children Of Atom" (It's on issue 6 but only read the first one, feel like an idiot for waiting so long to read the rest, but I do have them just trying to find the time).

"Demon Days" (Peach Monoko's art & writing is great, it's basically a mutant comic book title done in manga form, what's not to like?).

"Eternals" (This is basically the book that made me decide to start a subscription, always been a fan of The Eternals (and The Inhumans), the writing & plot got me wanting to catch up on some trades from a few years back but so far I'm loving what's going on).

"Fantastic Four" (I caught the tail end of the story from beginning of this year and now I think it's leading up to the up & coming Kang storyline, FF has been around for decades it's not like the storyline is anything new but it's just a cool & easy read).

"Far Sector": (I was always a Green Lantern fan, and them having a black female Lantern peaked my interest, and the writing is good)

"Green Lantern": (I like what I'm reading but feel like DC is trying to keep the story open to make you read other titles (ex: Justice League) to understand but I'm good).

"Way Of X": (I read the first two issues, but still have to read issues 3 &4 not sure where the storyline is going to know if I won't to keep getting it).

"Web Of Spider-Man": (I only copped the first two issues, I decided to not to get anymore cause the story seemed to teen-ish for me).

"X-Men Legends" (This is another title that's on issue 6, I have all the issues so far but haven't gotten around to reading it).

Other books that just came out that I'm getting are: "Bermuda" (written by Layman, but it's the art by Nick Bradshaw that's got me hooked); "Kang The Conqueror", "Trail Of Magneto", "Killer Queens (the art is nice & the plot seems like a female space pirate sci-fi adventure).

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Fri Oct-01-21 11:30 AM

4. "I got 3 comics yesterday."
In response to Reply # 0

Icon and Rocket, Undiscovered Country and Out Of Body.

I got the current issues from each series and read Undiscovered Country and Out Of Body. Out of those 2 I've read Out Of Body is the more interesting one. I would def like to catch up on that series. Undiscovered Country seems like it might be cool if I go back too but I will check out Out Of Body 1st. I will peep Icon and Rocket later.

normal35762
13246 posts
Mon Oct-04-21 03:55 PM

5. "Checked Out Icon and Rocket and it was good to me."
In response to Reply # 4

Political messages in the issue I got.

Got Bitter Root too. It was ok. Maybe coming in at issue 11 wasn't the move. If I check it out again I'll do it from the beginning.

Got the 1st issue of Out Of Body and it didn't disappoint. Looking forward to getting issues 2 and 3.

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Tue Oct-05-21 12:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. ""Bitter Root" Does Have Trade Paperbacks"
In response to Reply # 5

>Got Bitter Root too. It was ok.
>Maybe coming in at issue 11 wasn't the move.
>If I check it out again I'll do it from the beginning.

Each volume of the trade paperbacks has five issues collected in one, Vol.1 (issues 1-5), Vol.2 (issues 6-10), & Vol.3 (issues 11-15, not out yet but will be in Nov.); that might be your best bet if you just want to catch up story wise but if you're into actually collecting each comic then yeah it's best to start from the beginning.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

normal35762
13246 posts
Thu Oct-07-21 08:15 PM

7. "Thanks. Trade paperback is way Id go."
In response to Reply # 6

Lobby General Discussion topic #13443020 Previous topic | Next topic