Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13441912

Subject: "Should you talk about your ED with your SO? (Warning:Graphic) " Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Mon Sep-13-21 10:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Should you talk about your ED with your SO? (Warning:Graphic) "

And when I say ED I am not talking about Erectile dysfunction, I am talking about Explosive Diarrhea. I originally wrote it out in the post title, but I don't think people want to see that all day when looking at these boards.

Anyway, I ask this question because over time my answer has changed. I think when I was younger and newer into relationships, I would have said it was important for me to have a woman I could talk to about anything and wasn't such a "prude" that I couldn't talk about the fact that the chimichangas we eat gave me ED or anything else that crossed my mind. And I have definitely been around women who I thought were too prudish because they were unwilling to talk about certain subjects like sex, bathroom stuff, etc. In fact, I think I was impressed with girls who were frank talking about anything and everything.

Now, long time into a relationship, I think I have become more conscious about, well, closing the door when I go to the bathroom. I wish I was more of a mystery around certain things. Not that it has had a huge impact on my life, but its a little thing I would have done differently. I think I would have refined my earlier thinking, if I were giving advice to my sons about dating, find someone you can share anything with, but also don't share everything about yourself when you do find that person. Close the bathroom door when you go.

What do you think?

Poll result (5 votes)
Never (0 votes)Vote
Only in situations where medically necessary (1 votes)Vote
Not early in the relationship, but okay later in it. (4 votes)Vote
Sure, why not? (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
lmao.. great topic. There is definitely a grace period for this stuff
Sep 13th 2021
So you out chere open door pooping in front of your wife?
Sep 13th 2021
If I’m sick, sure.
Sep 13th 2021
the reason divorce is so high is because people hide farts
Sep 13th 2021
      let it rage with the door open.
Sep 13th 2021
           first time my wife let one rip I saw the joy and relief on her face
Sep 14th 2021
                Not hiding.
Sep 14th 2021
she at least has to know what messes w/ my stomach
Sep 13th 2021
no taking me out for ice cream…
Sep 14th 2021
      haha..
Sep 14th 2021

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79581 posts
Mon Sep-13-21 11:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "lmao.. great topic. There is definitely a grace period for this stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

but once you live together I think you need to be open and honest about that shit (literally)

My ex in college.. we loved together and I don’t think she ever shat while I was home. I had no problem shitting and farting around her because I’ll be damned if I’m in pain while in my own crib.

My wife.. when we dated I remember when we finally admitted we were physically uncomfortable because we were holding onto farts or shits because we didnt want each other to hear our butts beat boxing.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Mon Sep-13-21 05:00 PM

4. "So you out chere open door pooping in front of your wife?"
In response to Reply # 1

I mean you can't keep up the grace period hiding stuff to the point of being physically uncomfortable, but it is real easy to get into a sibling type of relationship with your SO where you are ripping one in front of your SO without even thinking about it. That's what I am saying folks shouldn't do. Don't get THAT comfortable.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

tariqhu
Charter member
17889 posts
Mon Sep-13-21 03:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "If I’m sick, sure."
In response to Reply # 0

Otherwise maybe it comes up in convo somehow. We don’t generally fart in front of each other. Not really trying to keep mystery about any of it. Just think some of it as rude, regardless of how long we’ve been together.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

legsdiamond
79581 posts
Mon Sep-13-21 04:55 PM

3. "the reason divorce is so high is because people hide farts"
In response to Reply # 2

Obviously I made that up..

but I think its wild when people share a bed and bathroom and hold their farts.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Mon Sep-13-21 08:40 PM

6. "let it rage with the door open."
In response to Reply # 3

I heard a dude say that about his girlfriend one time. said it was an alpha boss move lol

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

legsdiamond
79581 posts
Tue Sep-14-21 08:09 AM

7. "first time my wife let one rip I saw the joy and relief on her face"
In response to Reply # 6

no more hiding, holding.. struggling.

We all poop, fart and have exploding diarrhea..

why should we hide these acts from the one’s we love? Why do we have to wait until sickness to release the gases and liquids pressed on our bottoms?

We simply say “I have to drop it” or “uh ooh.. pity the fool” and the other person says “and that fool is me” and we laugh.. then come out and use an Ice Cube line or the old “dont know one go in their for 25 to 35 minutes”

tariqhu
Charter member
17889 posts
Tue Sep-14-21 01:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Not hiding."
In response to Reply # 7

Whole household says when someone has to poop. If anyone is having gut issues, we’ll say but it’s not really big topic unless some is ill.

We joke about bathroom stuff too. Admittedly, farts are a hang up of mine.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Mon Sep-13-21 05:06 PM

5. "she at least has to know what messes w/ my stomach"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Sep-13-21 05:06 PM by BrooklynWHAT

i'll spare her the gory details unless its a serious health issue. but i at least need her to know what causes a full system flush, so it can be avoided. i at least want to know that much about her because i like to cook.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Sep-14-21 11:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "no taking me out for ice cream…"
In response to Reply # 5

if it’s a sleepover I’m out before the sun is up. I can’t dump off with a guy around.

legsdiamond
79581 posts
Tue Sep-14-21 11:55 AM

9. "haha.. "
In response to Reply # 8

I remember a woman on here getting mad when she said she shuts on first dates due to her diet.

I was like “oh, you gonna stay single forever.. lol”

but he once we have sex I think you should be able to take a dump withiut being judged. I dont seen all you got and made you make that ugly face so wtf.. just shit and wash that azz so we can get one in before the day begins

Lobby General Discussion topic #13441912 Previous topic | Next topic