Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13440316

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nm

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
These folks got ink, t shirts, and hats at work.
Aug 25th 2021
at the new gig? haha.. embrace it fam.
Aug 25th 2021
      I’m just trying to get in where I fit in and this aint my lane
Aug 25th 2021
           I had a job like that where folks wore shorts and flops to work.
Aug 26th 2021
Welp, so much for that remote job offer
Aug 25th 2021
covid got both my kids at home already.
Aug 25th 2021
my wife’s school district is forcing teachers to use PTO
Aug 25th 2021
      this is gonna be a fucked up year for anything school related.
Aug 25th 2021
Covid is rocking people close to me…
Aug 25th 2021
How old is aunt?
Aug 25th 2021
Thanks…she’s early 70s
Aug 25th 2021
my aunt is currently in icu for the last few days.
Aug 25th 2021
Bro, I’m so jaded…
Aug 25th 2021
      this shit is so maddening.
Aug 25th 2021
           Can you ever trust these people?
Aug 25th 2021
                def can't trust that auntie.
Aug 25th 2021
                     yeah.. I have mixed feelings about this
Aug 26th 2021
                          they weird af.
Aug 26th 2021
                               yeah.. I would give the pregnant cousin a pass
Aug 26th 2021
                                    I would give her a pass if she was at least making an
Aug 26th 2021
                                         Aunt update
Aug 26th 2021
                                              shit!!! I really don't have the words...
Aug 26th 2021
                                              confirmed...
Aug 27th 2021
                                                   I wish they'd have been vaxx'd
Aug 27th 2021
                                              Fuuuuuuck
Aug 26th 2021
                                              Uncle update
Aug 28th 2021
                                                   More Uncle update
Aug 28th 2021
                                                        Man, sorry dude….this shit is so pervasive…
Aug 28th 2021
Auntie is probably not going to make it, y’all…
Aug 28th 2021
      We got YEARS of this coming
Aug 28th 2021
      Damn. So sorry to hear.
Aug 29th 2021
I'm approaching another cross roads.
Aug 25th 2021
man, it don't stop lol
Aug 25th 2021
      It really don't man. smh
Aug 28th 2021
I look at wedding registry’s and see stuff I want.
Aug 25th 2021
really struggling lately
Aug 25th 2021
use the Reno address and see what happens
Aug 26th 2021
damn stay up, man
Aug 28th 2021
      i am trying to be cognizant of this
Sep 01st 2021
reunion season
Aug 26th 2021
Jyeah
Aug 26th 2021
that covid thread in here is super depressing
Aug 27th 2021
this bus driver shortage is crazy
Aug 30th 2021

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 08:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "These folks got ink, t shirts, and hats at work. "
In response to Reply # 0

I don’t know if I’ll ever feel that comfortable just letting loose.
We’ll see.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79607 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 09:04 AM

3. "at the new gig? haha.. embrace it fam. "
In response to Reply # 1

I showed up to pick my friend up to watch a game and he thought I had the day off or stoped at home.

Unless there is a client coming in there is no reason to dress up just to sit at a desk.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 01:23 PM

14. "I’m just trying to get in where I fit in and this aint my lane"
In response to Reply # 3

Im gonna make it work though.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 07:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
23. "I had a job like that where folks wore shorts and flops to work."
In response to Reply # 14

I was coming from a corporate dressing situation, so it was a weird change. had to mindful as I was only the black person ever hired in that dept at the time.

after a while, I was in shorts too. it was pretty cool to know they didn't care so much about what we wore. just do your job well.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 09:01 AM

2. "Welp, so much for that remote job offer"
In response to Reply # 0

I had to cut to the chase and ask the salary range because I didn’t want to waste time applying. Glad I did because they couldn’t match my current salary. Still felt good to be wanted and she will keep me on her short list if they get there one day.

Honestly, while working remotely is appealing and would be convenient for this crazy ass school year..

I’m actually working remotely right now because my current boss is dope af and has young kids so he understands the struggle. I’m not going anywhere anytime soon due to the flexibility and salary structure.

———

This school shit is wild. I guess its like this all the time for PreK and Kindergarten but this staggered entry is some bullshit. Its everyone’s first day except for these kids. 1 starts tomorrow but only for 1 day then she officially starts on next Tuesday. The other doesn’t start until next Wed or Thursday. Meetings, screenings, meetings, zooms and such all peppered thru out the weekdays.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 10:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "covid got both my kids at home already."
In response to Reply # 0

son has been home for the last few weeks and will be for the a while. Daughter will be home at least for a few days. a classmate has covid. so we're waiting on the test results to come back.

there's no good way to handle kids back in school while trying to avoid covid. tons of kids and teachers are getting it.

everyone in my house has been vaxxed. no one has gotten sick before getting vaxxed. hopefully that continues going forward.

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 10:24 AM

5. "my wife’s school district is forcing teachers to use PTO"
In response to Reply # 4

if there is a covid case in their class and they have to quarantine.

I don’t think its legal to do that but they don’t give a fuck.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 10:45 AM

6. "this is gonna be a fucked up year for anything school related."
In response to Reply # 5

Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 10:45 AM

7. "Covid is rocking people close to me…"
In response to Reply # 0

my wife’s aunt, fully vaccinated contracted it from her granddaughter who she didn’t know was positive. She went to help her with her 8 month old baby, because she wasn’t feeling well. They both ended up in the hospital. The granddaughter is back at home, but my wife’s aunt got worse. She was placed on a ventilator, Monday night. She originally said no to the ventilator and that she was at peace with whatever happened. It’s not looking good.

My best friend just told me that his 18 year old daughter tested positive. She’s at college, in Mississippi. She’s only been there for 2 weeks. Wasn’t feeling well last Friday, so she took a test and it was negative. Felt worse, today and took a second test…it was positive. She’s heavily congested and has no sense of taste or smell. He’s losing his shit. She’s their only child, has never been away from them both, at the same time and now she’s 5 hours away and has covid.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 11:50 AM

9. "How old is aunt?"
In response to Reply # 7

People do survive the ventilator. I hope she recovers.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 12:47 PM

11. "Thanks…she’s early 70s"
In response to Reply # 9

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 12:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "my aunt is currently in icu for the last few days."
In response to Reply # 7

unvaccinated.

her status is up in the air at this point.

all we have are updates from her daughter about her feeling better or worse each day.

and even with this...

there are members of my immediate family that still wont get vaccinated. in fact...theyre about to go outta town for a major public gathering.

beyond frustrating.

Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 12:55 PM

12. "Bro, I’m so jaded…"
In response to Reply # 10

I didn’t think people could surprise me, anymore…but Covid has revealed another level to me. So…the granddaughter, not vaxxed…her boyfriend (baby’s father) not vaxxed…her roommate, not vaxxed. They all on some twenty-something, invincible shit. Now, you’ve infected your 70 year old grandmother and she’s in the hospital, fighting for her life. Her husband got tested a couple times and they were negative. He was able to go spend a day at the hospital with her and that’s when she decided she would try the ventilator…now that she is on it, not even he can visit. Sorry for the ramble, fam and strength to you and yours.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 03:39 PM

15. "this shit is so maddening."
In response to Reply # 12
Wed Aug-25-21 03:40 PM by tariqhu

just found out my lil cousin has it. he's like 10, so too young for a shot. but his dad, isn't vaxxed. at least, mom is.

I'm hoping that I was able to convince him to go ahead and get this done.

other cousin is having a baby shower. she's due soon. not vaxxed. neither is her boyfriend. he won't even wear a mask.

hope your fam is able to get better.

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 03:49 PM

16. "Can you ever trust these people?"
In response to Reply # 15

>just found out my lil cousin has it. he's like 10, so too
>young for a shot. but his dad, isn't vaxxed. at least, mom is.
>
>
>I'm hoping that I was able to convince him to go ahead and get
>this done.
>
>other cousin is having a baby shower. she's due soon. not
>vaxxed. neither is her boyfriend. he won't even wear a mask.
>
>hope your fam is able to get better.

My mother is fully vaxxed (with booster)and was scheduled to have a surgery this week. Got booster because of cancer/chemo from last year.

A week ago my aunt - UnVAXXED and stupid as fuck as to the reasons (deep Republican/Hannity listener) - got sick with flu like symptoms. Aunt did not get tested for COVID.

After speaking with my mother several times she told aunt 'You can't come out until you get vaxxed. You don't care enough to get vaxxed - or even tested- that you put my health at risk.'

My aunt was planning on still coming out - she may have been contagious at that point.

My aunt is mad as hell - and condensing about "But they made the vaxxx so fast!!"

So aunt can NEVER be trusted with anything again. I wouldn't let her take care of my cats.

I'm fine cutting those folks out of my life COLD, but it's causing my mother a lot of emotional pain. They still talk but it's like my aunt isn't the same person anymore - she's different.

My mom's kind of morning her as being dead almost - like her sister died and there's this other thing that's not quite her sister anymore.

------------

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 04:36 PM

17. "def can't trust that auntie. "
In response to Reply # 16

no even getting tested and moms is dealing with cancer? yeah, fuck that.

my folks don't come around and pretty much know where I stand. so I can be ok with them and talk over the phone. luckily nobody's into visits at my place.

the reasons they have are so dumb! too fast, don't trust the gubment (which I to an extent, but this aint that). also talking about breakthrough cases. these folks barely know about the 2 differenttests and think the quick test should suffice. just ill informed all around.

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 07:49 AM

22. "yeah.. I have mixed feelings about this"
In response to Reply # 17

I didn’t “trust” most extended family before the pandemic. So I damn sure wouldn’t trust them now.

My fam had a celebration for my dad and I didn’t go because it was during covid. Made no damn sense. Tried to get me to take in an older cousin for the summer.. during covid. Made no damn sense.

A lot of it was just ignorance due to the unknown last year but nah.. we didnt go to any family events except my inlaws and thats because they masked up in the house and respected the virus. Even my sisters chilled because they lived in high covid areas so we waited.

The people who are unvaxxed who are pressing to see people are weird as fuck.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 08:15 AM

24. "they weird af."
In response to Reply # 22

just found out yesterday that my pregnant cousin's live in bf has covid. of course, neither is vaxxed. bf don't even do masks without a fight with her about it. she literally said 'my bf is dumb'. and not just because of this. he's generally not a full adult at 30, but that's another story.

that household is a grandmother in poor health, the pregnant mom, her 6yr daughter, and the bf. One person vaxxed and that's the grandmom.

talked to her for nearly 2 hours last night. telling me she gets her info from fb groups and other dumb places. relying on her small circle of other scared pregnant friends. she has a baby shower planned for this weekend. yeah, cancel that.

her logic was not logical. she said she feels like the risk of covid complications and the risk of vaccine issues are the same. girl stop! that math aint mathing.

said she wasn't hearing about a lot of pregnant people getting the shot. I'm like you're looking in the wrong place or not looking at all. told her where to look and she started finding better info immediately.

a lot of the decisions are from fear, but also from lack of trying to the right info to make informed decisions.

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 09:31 AM

26. "yeah.. I would give the pregnant cousin a pass"
In response to Reply # 24

I can see why she would be concerned.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 12:31 PM

27. "I would give her a pass if she was at least making an"
In response to Reply # 26

informed decision, but she's not doing that. if she talked to docs and then came to the conclusion of not doing it, I got no problem. her fear along with just only fb type info only leads to more fear and bad decisions. she hadn't even asked the docs before today.

she's getting herself, daughter, and mom all tested today. hopefully they're all clean and can make get some things figured out.

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 04:32 PM

28. "Aunt update"
In response to Reply # 27
Thu Aug-26-21 04:48 PM by handle

Her husband has active symptomatic COVID now, blood oxygen level is 88, he's coughing like crazy. No room in hospital for him, is at home with supplemental oxygen.

Aunt tested positive for COVID - she probably had it last week. So a mild symptomatic case for her. Probably gave it to her husband.

Their adopted (from Uncle's kid) child is negative right now, but they are all same house. Uncle confined to bedroom.

Unclear on if any masking is taking place.

Also: Uncle's kid (from previous marriage like 30 years old) committed suicide today - but in a different house. Dad of adopted child.

I'm 95% sure their listening to AM talk radio or watching NewsMax while this is happening.

------------

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 08:25 PM

30. "shit!!! I really don't have the words..."
In response to Reply # 28

>Her husband has active symptomatic COVID now, blood oxygen
>level is 88, he's coughing like crazy. No room in hospital for
>him, is at home with supplemental oxygen.

hopefully, he's able to pull through. this sounds rough. especially being at home instead of the hospital.

>
>Aunt tested positive for COVID - she probably had it last
>week. So a mild symptomatic case for her. Probably gave it to
>her husband.

bad decisions affecting the whole house.

>
>Their adopted (from Uncle's kid) child is negative right now,
>but they are all same house. Uncle confined to bedroom.

maybe he'll dodge it somehow.
>
>Unclear on if any masking is taking place.

>
>Also: Uncle's kid (from previous marriage like 30 years old)
>committed suicide today - but in a different house. Dad of
>adopted child.

wow! was not expecting that last part. my condolences.

my cousins in that one house with the bf all tested negative with the quick test. they also did the pcr. confirmation in a couple of days. the 6yr old didn't cooperate at the urgent care. they did a home kit on her and it was negative. not sure how reliable those are.

pregnant cuz will be getting the vax. at least that's what she said today. she postponed the baby shower. IF I go, it'll be to drop off the gifts and I'm out.

my daughter is negative. phew!!

I'm pretty sure my other cousin has it. he's not vaxxed. his son got it from school. cousin was sniffling when I talked to him today. said he'll get the pcr test tomorrow and the vax soon.

I really wish folks would quit fucking around with this.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Fri Aug-27-21 10:57 AM

32. "confirmed..."
In response to Reply # 30

>
>I'm pretty sure my other cousin has it. he's not vaxxed. his
>son got it from school. cousin was sniffling when I talked to
>him today. said he'll get the pcr test tomorrow and the vax
>soon.
>
>I really wish folks would quit fucking around with this.
>

he just called me this morning and said he has it. hopefully he and his son are not hit to hard by this. not sure what's going on with the wife.

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Fri Aug-27-21 05:13 PM

34. "I wish they'd have been vaxx'd"
In response to Reply # 32

Vaxx'd folks can still get it (I did) but it's nice to know that someone gave a damn and did what they could to prevent something bad from happening.

Good luck to ALL of our infected folks - I'm sure more drama awaits tomorrow.

------------

Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 10:47 PM

31. "Fuuuuuuck"

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Sat Aug-28-21 12:24 AM

35. "Uncle update"

He's at home.

His blood oxygen is now 77%.

Aunt called hospital and hospital says "BRING HIM IN IMMEDIATLEY!!!"

Uncle REFUSES to go in.

If blood oxygen goes lower he'll pass out. Then if aunt can get an ambulance he can be brought to the hospital.

Or if aunt doesn't see it (because she's asleep) then he dies tonight or tomorrow at home.

He's probably going to die. And my aunt and the kid (he's biological grandfather) will have to see it all.

Also: Aunt talking about getting vaxxed - MAYBE. But her "scientists" on the net tell her it's "risky." And uncle is ADAMANT against it.

Can never trust her again.

------------

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Sat Aug-28-21 10:37 AM

36. "More Uncle update"
In response to Reply # 35

At some point last night he got so bad my aunt was able to get an ambulance to take him to the hospital.

He's on high pressure oxygen now in the E.R.

No room in the hospital itself.

Not looking good - I hope he pulls through.

This is in the mountain areas of Arizona in a town called Lakeside.

I think they are transporting people by helicopter to Phoenix - which is a 3 hour drive.

------------

Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Sat Aug-28-21 12:06 PM

37. "Man, sorry dude….this shit is so pervasive…"
In response to Reply # 36

and it goes quickly.

Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Sat Aug-28-21 12:13 PM

38. "Auntie is probably not going to make it, y’all…"
In response to Reply # 7

They called her husband, this morning and said the ventilator isn’t helping, an X-ray shows one of her lungs is collapsing and there isn’t anything else for them to try. Her daughter (my wife’s cousin) was flying in on Monday to help out her dad…they told her to change the flight to as soon as possible. Fuck man. I saw her at a graduation party about a month ago. She and I have a running joke from a trivia question at a family fun night, from a couple years ago. She hugged me and made a joke about how she was eventually proved right.

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Sat Aug-28-21 06:55 PM

41. "We got YEARS of this coming"
In response to Reply # 38

Sorry about your aunt.

------------

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Sun Aug-29-21 10:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
42. "Damn. So sorry to hear. "
In response to Reply # 38

Peace to you and yours.

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 01:05 PM

13. "I'm approaching another cross roads."
In response to Reply # 0

I figured I'd kinda be on a set path by now. I'm kinda tired of making life decisions at this point.

lol

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 04:40 PM

18. "man, it don't stop lol"
In response to Reply # 13
Wed Aug-25-21 04:50 PM by tariqhu

I'm trying to change my career right now. those 30 year jobs with extra benefits are not for this generation or beyond.

I'm trying to cyber at my current company, but nothing has stuck yet from interviews.

my boy works at Amazon doing cyber. he hit me up last week about some possible non-cyber options. gonna have to look into it.

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Sat Aug-28-21 12:24 PM

39. "It really don't man. smh"
In response to Reply # 18

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 09:37 PM

19. "I look at wedding registry’s and see stuff I want."
In response to Reply # 0

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Wed Aug-25-21 11:19 PM

20. "really struggling lately"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Aug-25-21 11:22 PM by bearfield

i try to not post like this as i think it's detrimental to the boards and anyone that reads it but i guess this is what this post is for

been trying to relocate out west since last year but not getting much traction job-wise. i assume folks see "arkansas" and "high school" on my resume and immediately trash it. only secured 2 interviews so far in 6+ months of applications. got as far as right on the cusp of an offer for one position but was told at the last second that corporate wouldn't approve the offer because i was applying from out of state. absolutely crushing news. apparently the order of operations is you move to a large and expensive city without a job, somehow secure a place to live sans income, and then folks will think about hiring you

this conundrum is exacerbated by the fact that my rent increased by ~60% in august due to new management. normally i could hang tight and keep plugging away at applications but now i'm paying denver rent in the mid-south. i literally can't afford to live here anymore. relocating within my current city makes no sense as i'm actively pursuing jobs out of state. i could technically make a pit stop with my family out west but they are in reno and reno is godawful right now due to the CA fires. my sister says she hasn't seen the sun in weeks and my dad is talking about moving if reno is going to be under smoke seige every summer. also reno kind of sucks even without the smoke and i'd only go there as a last resort

my cat is increasingly old and ailing. i have spent about $2000 on him over the past 18 months and it's all in the name of maintaining the status quo. there are days when i spend almost as much money per meal for him as i do for myself. he's not getting better and his quality of life keeps decreasing. i've been working second shift since 2010 and and am a single 40+ teatotaller in the bible belt so i have no social life. i don't have any family in town. my cat has been my only companion for the past decade+. i can't just get rid of him because he's inconvenient and expensive

i think one of my teammates at work caught covid and won't be returning. she's been out for about 2 weeks. one of the last things she posted in teams chat was "this virus has me dragging." my supervisor keeps saying "i can't give you details but she's very sick" and my managers keep asking me about my plans to quit. i have always thought of her as my surrogate little sister and i'm worried about her and her family

i'm back to abusing sugar and caffeine and overeating. extremely demotivated to exercise. i've also been weed-free since march (drug tests). i feel depression creeping back in. a few months ago it was "i can't tell if i'm depressed" (which probably meant i was) but now it's very obvious that i am. this is a frightening proposal. the last time i pulled myself out of it i told myself i can't go back again because i'm not coming out the other side if i do

the good news is that my diet is still solid — if the sugar abuse is discounted — in the form of greens with nearly every meal and very little carbs, so i'm able to maintain my weight somewhat. still well over my ideal weight but not that far from it and still within an acceptable range. i am depressed but i'm not having panic attacks, just occasional anxiety attacks as i'm trying to sleep. this probably sounds bad but it is an improvement. i got a clean bill of health after my physical in april. the only dependent i have is my cat. i'm able to remote at my job that i'm trying to leave so i'm able to limit my exposure to ignorant maskless arkansans. i have some money saved and a fair amount available to me after i quit in the form of a 401k disbursement and company stock. it could be way worse. at some point someone is going to be interested in hiring me but it might take a leap of faith on my part in the form of airbnb in denver for a few months as i stock shelves overnight at king soopers until i get a real job

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 09:29 AM

25. "use the Reno address and see what happens"
In response to Reply # 20

We had to put our cat down last year after 15 years. Thankfully the doctor was straight up with my wife. Prolonging his suffering for our emotional attachment didn’t feel right.

Good luck on the job search. I would just use your parents Reno address and let them know you are willing to relocate from there.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Sat Aug-28-21 01:20 PM

40. "damn stay up, man"
In response to Reply # 20

not a lot to add, but i agree with legs on your cat. be sure you're keeping him around for him and not for you. if what you're doing is keeping up, his quality of life, then by all means it's worth it, but you ultimately want what's best for him.

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Wed Sep-01-21 06:42 PM

44. "i am trying to be cognizant of this"
In response to Reply # 40
Wed Sep-01-21 06:43 PM by bearfield

>not a lot to add, but i agree with legs on your cat. be sure
>you're keeping him around for him and not for you. if what
>you're doing is keeping up, his quality of life, then by all
>means it's worth it, but you ultimately want what's best for
>him.

i agree it's selfish and probably cruel and irresponsible to keep him around for my needs if he's truly suffering and miserable. he did get a clean bill of health (minus one nagging non-fatal issue) in july. he has this one recurring issue that he's dealt with his whole life but as he's approaching 13 years old it's starting to bother him about 5-10% of the time he's awake and it requires a whole visit and med treatment cycle to lessen its impact. when i bring him to the vet and they say "he's really suffering right now" i'll let go of him

grey
Member since Apr 04th 2003
2231 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 03:58 AM

21. "reunion season"
In response to Reply # 0

high school 20 comin up. i was gonna go but i aint particularly thrilled about being stuck on a boat for who knows how long. just poor planning all around but i aint in it. panny and them was def on the steering committee ha.

but yea i was thinking on how much of a reunion it is with yourself as it is with classmates. its wild how you know you better now than you knew you then, like remember you exactly. playin counsel judge and jury to otherwise insignificant decisions with the benefit of hindsight, but with no better authority to predict a different outcome and certainly in no position to change anything.

one of my favorite teachers was in the news earlier this year for improper relations with a student. innocent until proven and all that but the story was pretty damning. you dont know people man.

friend of mine that did some time married a chick he always had a crush on but never really approached like that then ha. my nigga really a girldad ha.

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Aug-26-21 08:11 PM

29. "Jyeah "
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/u_oFehdpAgY

When I like you...I wanna be around you all the time. I wanna know what pisses you off. I wanna know what makes you smile. I want to know your fav cereal. I want to know why you hate that mfer from 7th grade. Where your fav shoes? Why you buy this couch? Tell me your motherfucking hopes dreams fears and secrets. Imma ask. Imma listen. And imma remember. Because...I like you. And I want you...to want me tooooo

Later for that space shit imma move in your soul and give you a time share in mine. Deeply. Intensely and completely and I will not apologize or change.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Fri Aug-27-21 01:43 PM

33. "that covid thread in here is super depressing"
In response to Reply # 0

i don't have any stories like that in my immediate circle but with a degree of separation they start popping up.

I read that just after reading 50% of the LA Fire Dept is unvaxxed.

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Mon Aug-30-21 08:54 AM

43. "this bus driver shortage is crazy"
In response to Reply # 0

thank goodness we live close enough to drop them off.

my coworker said one of her kids would have a 2 hour delay getting home due to the bus driver shortage. She just turned around and didn’t take them to school.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13440316 Previous topic | Next topic