Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13433107

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Search result list | First match | Last match
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue May-18-21 11:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nm

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RIP Paul Mooney.
May 19th 2021
this deserves its own post
May 19th 2021
      i use to tweet him on twitter and mentioned he should have
May 19th 2021
I'm on the job market
May 19th 2021
MAN. I have been there, the only difference is...I stayed
May 19th 2021
I can't stay, I can't trust her
May 19th 2021
Me too! I ln my situation, a month before my corrective action was
May 19th 2021
sounds like a karen ass bitch. be free man. youre better than them
May 19th 2021
It's even worse than what I typed
May 19th 2021
This is what I hate about working remotely
May 19th 2021
My 7 month old was sick that day
May 19th 2021
      everyone wants things back to normal so bad
May 19th 2021
      trying to do things as if no pandemic is currently happening
May 19th 2021
      She, and she alone, has been trying to bully her team into going in
May 19th 2021
           Seems like this would make it easy to get her ass fired.
May 19th 2021
                She's awful and people just kind of take it. It's the weirdest shit
May 19th 2021
                     my wife’s boss texted that she was 3 minutes late one day
May 19th 2021
                     I've found that most people just take it.
May 19th 2021
      Yoooooo. Her response reminds me of my old boss.
May 19th 2021
           my last gig my boss wrote me up while I was burying my father
May 19th 2021
           There's something wrong with management types. It's part of why I dropp...
May 19th 2021
ugh, the worst.. yeah I would leave
May 19th 2021
      Nah, I'm only 2 years in. I have 20 years work experience
May 19th 2021
           Lean Six Sigma Green and Black? impressive.. yeah leave
May 19th 2021
when people call me and make it sound urgent
May 19th 2021
my homie tried that
May 19th 2021
Its not really a friend but more of an acquaintance
May 19th 2021
Worse is when they hit you up up after years away
May 19th 2021
I appreciate yall hearing me out about work
May 19th 2021
I got nothing. Nobody under our roof is flourishing right now.
May 19th 2021
What do you mean, you "got nothing"?
May 19th 2021
I guess energy and patience....
May 19th 2021
my kids start school next year
May 19th 2021
      it's terrible. it's gonna cause many a broken home i'm sure. We strong.....
May 19th 2021
      Are y’all closed closed or just not going in.
May 19th 2021
           4 y.o. Preschool been closed..public school partially open but…
May 19th 2021
           not going in
May 19th 2021
                I was just thinking about how quiet that drive to/from and wait for
May 20th 2021
governor of texas on one
May 19th 2021
May 19th 2021
FWIW, Sunday Service Choir did it properly. For that, I am thankful
May 19th 2021
This is why I keep coming back here
May 19th 2021
      lol…dude released a whole week of corporate angst on them drums
May 19th 2021
Fam. Re: Father stretch my hand. SMH
May 19th 2021
      Unfulfilled greatness
May 19th 2021
My son has summer school. Better than retention I guess.
May 19th 2021
I have an aunt who burps just like Barney from the Simpson all the time
May 19th 2021
Let It Go with 21 and Beebs kinda goes
May 20th 2021

lsymone
Member since Nov 03rd 2007
7401 posts
Wed May-19-21 09:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RIP Paul Mooney. "
In response to Reply # 0

take a message

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 09:30 AM

2. "this deserves its own post"
In response to Reply # 1

and should be anchored

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

lsymone
Member since Nov 03rd 2007
7401 posts
Wed May-19-21 10:13 AM

5. "i use to tweet him on twitter and mentioned he should have"
In response to Reply # 2

his own podcast.

he actually dm me and said he was thinking of working on it. i guess that'll never happen.

take a message

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 09:37 AM

3. "I'm on the job market"
In response to Reply # 0

A few weeks back my boss, who's been an absolute monster during this entire pandemic, lost her mind.

I don't know what crawled into her brain but she gave me "30 day opportunity" paperwork to correct behavior.

The behaviors included things like "you're not engaged on camera", "you weren't available this one time I called you", and "two days after you got back from parental leave in October you didn't respond quickly to an email" ... I wish I was exaggerating about the content of this letter. Ticky Tack stuff that you don't write salary people up for, you just talk with them about expectation. Even worse, we've had an annual and a mid year since 75% of the items in the letter happened. So if they weren't issues then ... what changed?

And here's where it got ugly. The corrective behavior to save my job isn't to address those things. She leaned on SMART goals. She gave me two operational metrics (I'm not in operations) ... that one of my worst performing warehouses needs to hit. I literally have no control over operations. None.

So ... in the last month I banged out what I needed to do to save my job. Which is completely out of the scope of the role and different from what anyone else on staff does. And I've gotten numbers up. But I'm fucking offended. I've only been written up for performance one time, I was 19, working retail, I refused to clean a toilet, and I got written up. That's it. I have 20 years work experience now, 10 years in my field, degreed, and credentialed.

And now my resume is cleaned up, and I have interviews lined up.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed May-19-21 10:06 AM

4. "MAN. I have been there, the only difference is...I stayed"
In response to Reply # 3

I've been with this place for 5 damn years. Some years have been good, some have been dogshit and included corrective action.

The one about not being engaged on-camera...like, what the fuck does any of that mean?

Best of luck to you. Hopefully you can get a significant bump in pay.

What is your role/industry if you don't mind me asking?

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 10:14 AM

6. "I can't stay, I can't trust her"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed May-19-21 10:17 AM by MEAT

That it escalated to this point without pre-emption is wild.
That the reasons she put on paper is insane for salaried job.
That the job role isn't what the job title/industry standard is, is maddening.

I'm a Industrial Engineer II for three grocery warehouses as a job title
My background is Industrial Engineering and I'm a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with 10 years.

Industrial Engineering as a profession in 2021 is Continuous Improvement. Kaizens, DMAIC projects, quick wins, improvements, sustainability, and PDCA (Plan Do Check Act)

We do none of that as an IE team, none, we do facility layouts and evaluated labor standards. IE work from the late 80s through late 90s.

It wasn't the job that was offered to me and if I had known that's what the work was, I wouldn't have accepted the job.

>The one about not being engaged on-camera...like, what the fuck does any of that mean?
It means that I don't look happy, don't sound happy, and sometimes I don't have my camera on depending on the length of the meeting and if I have one or more of my kids in the house.

But I can't stay. Can't put my money or health insurance at risk. Even worse, I took a management step down and paycut for job stability and I got into one of the safest industries and companies in the country ... and this person is putting all of that at risk.

------

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16191 posts
Wed May-19-21 06:59 PM

46. "Me too! I ln my situation, a month before my corrective action was"
In response to Reply # 4

issued my boss had given me a handwritten thank you letter and a personalized gift. In the document she was like "if you had preformed like this when you first started you wouldn't be here now." I was so confused how did I get a handwritten letter from this person a month earlier that included words like "awesome" and "excellent" and then needed corrective action!?

To make matters worse, she scheduled an offsite lunch for the day before my birthday (I was off on my actual birthday) so I went to this lunch thinking it was a celebration (we always celebrated birthdays at this job) and we had a pleasant conversation. Once the plates had been cleared and the check was on the way she pulled this out her purse.

Yeah... I left that job...

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85002 posts
Wed May-19-21 10:45 AM

7. "sounds like a karen ass bitch. be free man. youre better than them"
In response to Reply # 3

<--- Big Baller World Order

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 10:57 AM

8. "It's even worse than what I typed"
In response to Reply # 7

The last few weeks. She's been playing like the paperwork doesn't exist. Being friendly. Asking me to teach the department stuff. Trying to shift my work away from working on those specific metrics. Like business as usual shit.

We're out of town on a project right now. And she pulls me aside and goes "I talked to (my boss) and he says that he appreciates that you've stepped up recently, so keep doing what you're doing and let's get through this"

And I just fucking wanted to scream in her face.

Here's how all of this started. 6 months ago one of my sites was abusing a labor tag. They were authorizing work under a code that wasn't correct and it was making their numbers look funny. I messaged them, talked to them, gave them a small amount of hours, talked to my boss, CCed my boss, CCed my bosses boss, their boss ... they didn't stop. Because I have no authority. 2 months ago I do the same thing. This time my boss follows up on my email. And they stopped using the tag.

And I had told my boss 6 months prior that I needed her follow up, and she didn't. This time she did. And rather than recognize that. I got praise for correcting the problem. Praise. I didn't do anything different than I did six months ago, she did. Essentially what they (my boss and her boss) want to do is manage by reports and emails. We told you what's wrong, we fix it, or we'll escalate it to your bosses. And what the warehouses are telling us is ... we know how to run operations, when you send us this many reports, we're going to argue data, and there's no amount of email or reports that we'll listen to.

So we're at a huge impasse on doing work versus being effective.

So I'm out. Because these aren't wins, the change isn't sustainable, replicable, or could I even put it as an accomplishment. But the numbers moved, for now, and she's happy.

------

legsdiamond
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 11:13 AM

9. "This is what I hate about working remotely"
In response to Reply # 3

if people see you in the office you are automatically engaged unless you are sleeping at your desk

but if you work from home or have remote meetings people tend to be critical if you aren’t “all up in the video”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 11:28 AM

11. "My 7 month old was sick that day"
In response to Reply # 9

I was in a room with a high chair, a bottle, and a sleeping child. I looked like chaos, and for the context of the meeting it would've looked bad. And I told her that. That the optics of my situation weren't good for that particular meeting.

She said that with the VP on the call I should show face, and then she asked her favorite go to "if this wasn't a COVID situation what would you have done"

To which I replied, "but this is a COVID situation, and right now they send your kids home at every cough. They sent my son home because the kid in the next room had a stomach bug and my son had one runny diaper, that's the reality right now"

She's been big on downplaying COVID. Last year I got in trouble for saying that I was apprehensive about going into the warehouses because I'm asthmatic. Her response from April 2020. verbatim (because I document everything) "If you need to consider FMLA, talk to your Dr. about this. We are all going to have to start going back to work soon. The entire team has been going in as needed on a regular basis. If there was no pandemic right now, would you be staying home on account of asthma?"

------

legsdiamond
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 11:34 AM

13. "everyone wants things back to normal so bad"
In response to Reply # 11

tariqhu
Charter member
17862 posts
Wed May-19-21 12:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "trying to do things as if no pandemic is currently happening"

is about as dumb as it gets. yeah, you gotta quit.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 12:44 PM

22. "She, and she alone, has been trying to bully her team into going in"
In response to Reply # 17

Every other person in the department for the most part is working remotely until the company says so.

She's been all about peer pressure and "equality" ... "if such and such goes in, we need to too"

And that's the exact wrong approach in a fucking pandemic. She's not a smart person.

------

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44810 posts
Wed May-19-21 12:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
24. "Seems like this would make it easy to get her ass fired."
In response to Reply # 22

I'm aware that the rules for Black men are different in this world.

But it seems like she says and does an awful lot of things that, with the sort of documentation you seem to have, would have her ass in the unemployment line with the quickness, were it released to the proper channels.

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 01:03 PM

25. "She's awful and people just kind of take it. It's the weirdest shit"
In response to Reply # 24
Wed May-19-21 01:03 PM by MEAT

And I think I have figured out the root of my problem and how I'm in the situation.
She doesn't see the good in anyone. Not a single person. She's not outwardly miserable, but she's CONSTANTLY complaining about people's personal shit like she's letting you in on some inside shit. And she's a boss of like 15 people, she can't be gossiping the way she does.
But she does, and has the whole time.
And within that ... I don't put up with her shit to a degree.
A lot of people are go along to get along. And I've told her "no I'm not doing that" or "that's professionally inappropriate" more than a few times

And within that. She talks to her boss every day. And he's a needy guy. And the same age as us (we're all peers) in fact mine and his kids are both the same age. So you have this gossipy ass person that sees the worst in people, talking to her boss every day, and he's got this whole ass image of me based on her.

So in the meantime what I've been doing is that every communication I send to her now. I forward to him after as an FYI. Just so that she doesn't misrepresent my work. And I also had a 1 on 1 with him to has shit out. I'm not trying to save my job as much as I'm trying not to get fired until I get a new job.

------

legsdiamond
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 02:13 PM

29. "my wife’s boss texted that she was 3 minutes late one day"
In response to Reply # 25

some people are just miserable.

Cold Truth
44810 posts
Wed May-19-21 05:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
43. "I've found that most people just take it. "
In response to Reply # 25

In general, most people are just trying to get through their yearly reviews with as little trouble as possible.

Get paid and KIM.

Most people don't want to do the heavy lifting of dealing with abusive management.

And the reasons for that are plentiful, and many are valid. But I am a firm believer that people like you mentioned, and many others I've seen and dealt with myself, thrive the way they do for two primary reasons:

1. Too many underlings being willing to put up with it, for aforementioned myriad reasons.

2. Upper management all too often doesn't see an issue with it, doesn't care, or requires a perfect victim to take action.

#2 is one of the biggest reasons for #1 IMO.

We have someone who so consistently terrorizes everyone beneath her that if you go to any office, and someone finds out you came from her office, they will launch into their personal horror story about this nameless monster, who will inevitably turn out to be this same person.

She's teflon.

One supervisor was leaving, and didn't want everyone to be stuck with her, so she organized a mass HR complaint.

Well, our director put everyone on trial instead.

Oh, you come in late?
Your stats are low.
You did x, y, or z.

Not a thing happened, and half the people dropped out of the complaint entirely after hearing about the carnage of the first several people that went into discuss the issue. It backfired spectacularly, with the end result being a perception that workers simply don't like accountability.

And I've seen plenty of people like her, who always seem to thrive in such roles. I've always stood my ground and said hell the fuck naw, and I fight the battle enough that I get left the fuck alone, while others get stuck putting up with the abuse. The only time I got a bad result, it was when I worked for a temp agency. Nothing happened, and I finally quit on the job.

Thing is, I had documented so much and done so much leg work with my prior complaints, that I had a long ass chat with a manager, and they wound up taking action after the fact. They told me that others had similar complaints, but only expressed them after they quit or were fired. I was the only person who took it up the chain while I was still working, and so that showed that I wasn't just a disgruntled ex employee.

I think if more people revolt, take that stand and ban together, people like your boss would be gone. But it's not that simple, I know.

I got off on a tangent there. But I hope you get the fuck out soon and find somewhere you can be happy and not walk on that glass each day

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed May-19-21 12:08 PM

18. "Yoooooo. Her response reminds me of my old boss. "

Him: yo, lemme chop it with you. are you alright dude? you've been missing some deadlines and you seem out of it.

me: yeah man...my uncle died and was dead for a month and a half before they found his body in his house and...

him: AW MAN, that happens bro. I sat there while my uncle died in my arms. But, you know, life goes on and...

me: *mouthing "what the fuck"*

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

legsdiamond
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 12:33 PM

20. "my last gig my boss wrote me up while I was burying my father"
In response to Reply # 18

and he even spoke on being jealous of my relationship with my dad.

my bosses dad was dead for like a month before anyone found him.

It was that moment that I swore to leave in the most epic fashion.

and I did, as soon as I got a new gig I resigned... same day.

another coworker left in impressive fashion a few months earlier too. They kept threatening him because he wasn’t staying late to work. Boss’s wife was yapping at him and he was like “here you go” and handed her a resignation letter.. she read it and said “shit” and walked off embarrassed. She actually told him it might be a good idea that his pregnant wife had her bags packed and was threatening to leave him because he was working hellafied hours.

and when we make that move it always works out better. Go where you are wanted.. and leave when you need to for your health and sanity.

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 01:08 PM

27. "There's something wrong with management types. It's part of why I dropp..."
In response to Reply # 18

out of management. I was tired of sitting in classes with them and having them bullshit through all of their trainings and then sit in our breakout groups and have them detail horror stories of harassing people.

------

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Wed May-19-21 11:45 AM

15. "ugh, the worst.. yeah I would leave"
In response to Reply # 3

after 20 years you got to give me more respect than that.. salary too!

foh

@silentintellect

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 11:50 AM

16. "Nah, I'm only 2 years in. I have 20 years work experience"
In response to Reply # 15

10 as an Industrial Engineer. I came into the department more qualified in our profession than any of the other engineers and I'm being treated in a way that you would treat an intern.

Me and my boss have the same degree. She's 3 years older than me. I'm the one with the lean six sigma green belt and black belt. She's not professionally certified in anything.

------

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Wed May-19-21 01:58 PM

28. "Lean Six Sigma Green and Black? impressive.. yeah leave"
In response to Reply # 16

legsdiamond
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 11:14 AM

10. "when people call me and make it sound urgent"
In response to Reply # 0

only to hear its a money making opportunity I smell an MLM.

it could be legit but I don’t trust it.

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Wed May-19-21 11:42 AM

14. "my homie tried that"
In response to Reply # 10

and was pushing a lil' too hard..

the vibe wasn't right... i passed

i guess he felt some type of way cause he didn't call back for a while.. we cool but fuck all that

and kept saying "this right here is not an MLM" ... Crazy thing is dude is smart so coming from him, I was kind of like huh???

he didn't mention it when he finally called and I didn't ask..

I'm sure it'll come up..

legsdiamond
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 12:24 PM

19. "Its not really a friend but more of an acquaintance "
In response to Reply # 14

and I just can’t trust his intentions

could be 100% legit but it doesn’t feel right.

one call is fine but dude was blowing me up.

Cold Truth
44810 posts
Wed May-19-21 03:53 PM

35. "Worse is when they hit you up up after years away"
In response to Reply # 10

Talking about "wanting to connect" and whatnot.

Then you get there, and it's an MLM pitch.

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 11:29 AM

12. "I appreciate yall hearing me out about work"
In response to Reply # 0

Because I can't talk about this shit with people at work.

------

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44604 posts
Wed May-19-21 12:38 PM

21. "I got nothing. Nobody under our roof is flourishing right now."
In response to Reply # 0

everybody has a shitty nonproductive nonrewarding nonhappy day
every.
day.
it's rough.
don't even know what to do....
but keep waking up and looking forward to shitty days....
I fear it's going to take years for the kids to recover from this....
4 year old has had the same, boring, lackluster routine for the past 14 months....
8 year old...ditto....

in my feels today....

Cold Truth
44810 posts
Wed May-19-21 12:48 PM

23. "What do you mean, you "got nothing"?"
In response to Reply # 21

Like, energy, or financial?

FLUIDJ
44604 posts
Wed May-19-21 01:03 PM

26. "I guess energy and patience...."
In response to Reply # 23

just on extreme autopilot....
every day just feels like a carbon copy of the previous.
same issues with the kids
same issues with the work
same issues with the everything else

Really just need these kids back in school, back in a normal environment, learning things that we simply can't teach them in this environment. Really just need to have the capacity to get on a track of progress...
Just need to have an ounce of meaningful time with my wife that doesn't involve kids, kids education, cooking, cleaning, planning out the next shitty noneventful week, etc. etc....

Did the math yesterday and we literally spend like 1 hr of "quality time" daily...which isn't ideal at all.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

legsdiamond
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 02:16 PM

30. "my kids start school next year"
In response to Reply # 21

and they can’t wait..

and neither can we.

They just needy and over it like we are..

and some days I want to get in the car and go get some milk.. lol.

simply because I’m sick of hearing Daddy, Daddy.. Daddy.

working from home is awesome.. unless if you have young kids.

FLUIDJ
44604 posts
Wed May-19-21 02:22 PM

31. "it's terrible. it's gonna cause many a broken home i'm sure. We strong....."
In response to Reply # 30

we trying our best to stay strong....
but fall can't come soon enough.

I'm legit concerned that our 4 year old has acquired some behavior habits that are going to be a problem when she returns to pre-school. Throwing things...hitting, scratching, straight up refusing to do shit. Her recent habit when in a fit of anger is to go around and yank EVERYTHING that's on an elevated surface OFF in the most extravagant and exaggerated fashion. A lot of splatter marks in the house right now....several broken dishes.....no wounds.....yet.

MEAT
22248 posts
Wed May-19-21 03:26 PM

34. "Are y’all closed closed or just not going in. "
In response to Reply # 30

------

FLUIDJ
44604 posts
Wed May-19-21 04:00 PM

36. "4 y.o. Preschool been closed..public school partially open but…"
In response to Reply # 34

And it’s only two days per week, but You had to elect to participate back in November with an anticipated opening date of March…that was when shit was still crazy so we elected to keep the older one home in remote “learning”.

legsdiamond
79352 posts
Wed May-19-21 06:07 PM

44. "not going in"
In response to Reply # 34

my oldest just missed the cut off for kindergarten and our day care closed down.

We decided to keep them out until next year.

I’m working from home until my wife finishes the school year.

MEAT
22248 posts
Thu May-20-21 09:47 AM

47. "I was just thinking about how quiet that drive to/from and wait for "
In response to Reply # 44

curbside pickup

------

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16404 posts
Wed May-19-21 03:19 PM

32. "governor of texas on one"
In response to Reply # 0

stopped the expanded unemployment, banned gov agencies from requiring masks.

someone on reddit joked "He’s going out of his way to make insanely stupid decisions this week. I wonder what tomorrow brings - maybe the elimination of solar panels and wind mills?"

well today he signs law to bar city climate plans from banning natural gas as fuel source. for good measure he also signed the 'fetal heartbeat' bill.

im sure ive missed some hes done lately. im split between staying put and hoping i can help vote him and his ilk out or just moving.

AFRICAN
Charter member
11871 posts
Wed May-19-21 03:21 PM

33. "2021"
In response to Reply # 0

What a fucking year.
Aunt nephew maternal grandfather bunch of extended family passed away, most COVID.
Business is fluctuating like crazy as well as income.
Kids mostly online schooled and losing their minds( and driving us out of ours).
I bitched about it to a friend and he gave me the count your blessings spiel .I had to count to ten.
Father stretch my hands might be the most jarring piece of music ever. Soulful spiritual opening and then that motherfucker talks about bleached assholes. Changes the whole vibe.

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
instagram:@3rdworldview
Blessed be the Lord /who believe any mess they read up on the message board

FLUIDJ
44604 posts
Wed May-19-21 04:03 PM

37. "FWIW, Sunday Service Choir did it properly. For that, I am thankful"
In response to Reply # 33
Wed May-19-21 04:05 PM by FLUIDJ

https://youtu.be/97tvJs5fQwM

AFRICAN
Charter member
11871 posts
Wed May-19-21 04:24 PM

39. "This is why I keep coming back here"
In response to Reply # 37

2 min mark.
On a semi related note , I don’t know any choir musicians in real life. I always wonder if this is only worship and they have day jobs. Like the drummer in that clip you posted KILLED it.I picture him staring at a TP report and drumming his fingers on the desk .

FLUIDJ
44604 posts
Wed May-19-21 04:30 PM

41. "lol…dude released a whole week of corporate angst on them drums "
In response to Reply # 39

lol at the visual of him drumming his fingers on his desk all week

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49336 posts
Wed May-19-21 04:19 PM

38. "Fam. Re: Father stretch my hand. SMH"
In response to Reply # 33

I have come to time it perfectly to turn down the radio long enough just to skip that part. Man damn near ruins (if not ruins) a perfect song.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

AFRICAN
Charter member
11871 posts
Wed May-19-21 04:26 PM

40. "Unfulfilled greatness "
In response to Reply # 38

He could have done so much with it.
But he gave us bleach from an asshole on his T shirt.

Cold Truth
44810 posts
Wed May-19-21 04:57 PM

42. "My son has summer school. Better than retention I guess. "
In response to Reply # 0

Kindergarten from a damn chromebook, with two parents working full time, was a bitch. My daughter had some struggles, but she's straight because she already has a foundation.

That, and they have very different temperaments. And he requires a lot of hands on attention with his work. The number of time I've heard him crying, "I want to go to real school, I don't want to go to school on a computer" breaks my heart.

But for all t

Fortunately, he's just borderline, and picks things up quickly, but he struggles to pay attention. Struggles is charitable, lol. Often enough he just has no fucks to give and just doesn't want to do anything. I know this because he'll say, essentially, FUCK these instructions, I'm doing my own thing.

But also, there have been two many days where my wife and I both said fuck it, we give up, and just let him do his thing.

IMO this shit is like, 10% on his bullish temperament, 40% pandemic quarantine Chromebook schooling, and 50% my wife and I not putting a greater effort to overcome our patience limits with him with greater consistency. I'm a shit teacher and that hasn't helped.

But this isn't as bad as it could have been. For that, I'm grateful.

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16191 posts
Wed May-19-21 06:47 PM

45. "I have an aunt who burps just like Barney from the Simpson all the time"
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/wZnF67fCo6g

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16404 posts
Thu May-20-21 03:53 PM

48. "Let It Go with 21 and Beebs kinda goes"
In response to Reply # 0

where can i get a version without khaled screaming on it?

Lobby General Discussion topic #13433107Search result list | First match | Last match