Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13430558

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Apr-20-21 11:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nm

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my sister is mad at me
Apr 21st 2021
I have been thinking lately about expectation I have of people
Apr 21st 2021
I hear you but this is like asking someone to pump gas
Apr 21st 2021
      Fair enough! I have no opinion on your specific situation. It just remin...
Apr 21st 2021
           word
Apr 21st 2021
“this is my problem and I can only depend on me”
Apr 22nd 2021
      I think she was thrown off by my response
Apr 22nd 2021
I’m trying to lose weight but I wanna eat
Apr 21st 2021
Drink a cup of water after a meal, wait five minutes, that's my strategy
Apr 21st 2021
This probably won't work for you...
Apr 24th 2021
I'm starting to understand who I am.
Apr 21st 2021
i used to think in black and white
Apr 21st 2021
yep
Apr 21st 2021
I once drove from San Antonio to Houston to buy some Starburys
Apr 22nd 2021
this is my favorite CW post this month. lol...
Apr 22nd 2021

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79578 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 08:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "my sister is mad at me"
In response to Reply # 0

and I’m not taking the blame for this shit.

She came up for the weekend and right before she left she asked me to put half a bottle of oil in her car engine because the light comes on every time she makes a 4 hour trip to visit. I replied that its odd and something she needs to get fixed

So I poured oil in.. slightly less than half. like a half pour less than half.

She claims I only put a drop in and her oil light came on and she couldn’t go to work.

Now, its a Volvo, she got it because my mom loved Volvo’s. But I think the German maintenance is kicking her pockets in the ass. It was also the same day as my moms bday and she always gets funky on that day.

Anyway she flipped out on some “if you did what I just told you to do”

hold up.. I ain't your son or nephew. Basically told her to check the tone and find someone else to blame for the car having issues. That 40 milliliters wasn’t the difference between an engine light going on or not. I offered to help her get the car fixed because honestly, it sounds mechanical not family related.. lol. But she in her feels on some “this is my problem and I can only depend on me”

I didn’t say it but real talk, this is why she can’t keep a man. She always finds a reason to snap and I was the perfect victim.. lol.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 11:37 AM

4. "I have been thinking lately about expectation I have of people"
In response to Reply # 1

related to me that might not be reasonable and how I only have that expectation because of their relationship to me. This reply brought that back to mind. For example I sometimes get upset with my uncles for not helping me with car stuff or for not being enthusiastic about helping. But you know what, I actually have other men in my life that are actually "car guys." They may not be men I am in any type of relationship with (family or romantic) but when I take the chance at asking them instead of the people I thing *should* help me I come out the the situation much happier AND I don't end up damaging a closer relationship by being mad at them for whatever reason.

You reply just made me thing about that....

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 12:27 PM

5. "I hear you but this is like asking someone to pump gas"
In response to Reply # 4

and they pump .5 gallons less than full and then you get upset because your engine light comes on.

Is the guy responsible for the light coming in or do you just have an issue with your engine and you are taking it out on the guy and not the car?

Also, my sisters car is always at the dealership for something. My car was the same way until I stoped taking it to the dealership and started taking it to a shop that specializes on German vehicles.

They use beefier parts and its usually a better warranty and less issues.

I just think its a set up to ask someone to do something to your car when you know it has an issue and then try to place blame on them for not doing it EXACTLY how you would do it.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 12:33 PM

6. "Fair enough! I have no opinion on your specific situation. It just remin..."
In response to Reply # 5

reminded me of mine.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 12:37 PM

7. "word"
In response to Reply # 6

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Apr-22-21 12:35 PM

13. "“this is my problem and I can only depend on me” "
In response to Reply # 1

"...well you should've depended on yourself to put the right amount of oil in, or got that $hit fixed..."

if you think her attitude may be tied to your mom's bday, I'm sure you're cutting her some slack.

y'all will be cool eventually. LOL

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Thu Apr-22-21 12:57 PM

14. "I think she was thrown off by my response"
In response to Reply # 13

that’s a car problem.. not a brother problem.

she set me up for that one tho.. lol

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 08:52 AM

2. "I’m trying to lose weight but I wanna eat "
In response to Reply # 0

I made a sausage salad for breakfast. One and a half patty’s with some lettuce and cheese and carrots and dressing. It was good. But I want another patty all by itself.
... "A Beautiful Struggle"
https://m.facebook.com/jamelabullock
Www.reverbnation.com/jamela

MELa
Musically.Entertaining.Lyrically.Alluring.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 10:13 AM

3. "Drink a cup of water after a meal, wait five minutes, that's my strategy"
In response to Reply # 2

THEN if I'm still hungry I'll get something else.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

darrylclark
Charter member
16201 posts
Sat Apr-24-21 06:36 PM

15. "This probably won't work for you... "
In response to Reply # 2

...bc you want to eat

But, I've been doing intermittent fasting and it works wonders. I'm like 7 weeks in, I do it 6 days a week, I chill on Sunday, and I lost a few pounds and feel so much better.

After hearing about it, I realized, I skip breakfast and lunch like 2 or 3 days a week so I been doing it.

I also cut out sweets.

I've been full of energy and I don't get that mid-day lull at work like I used to.

<---------------Naima and Nia Simone

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 01:02 PM

8. "I'm starting to understand who I am. "
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 02:36 PM

9. "i used to think in black and white"
In response to Reply # 0

it either is or isn't. until i realized it just isn't that simple. life happens in the gray areas and you have to be comfortable in that. and it at times it can be two competing thoughts, and letting both have room to exist at the same time.

i frequent another message board that is much larger than okp. the post about makhia bryant has over 3k responses. it is literally all over the place. i understand the many different sentiments and can see (not necessarily agree) with other people's point of view. and its easy to sit at home saying what should have been done in this instance or in the case of adam toledo. am i wrong for thinking every response doesn't have to occur in the matter of seconds? could you breathe for a minute and assess the situation better? they both should be alive.

there is a video going around on twitter about a man with a machete (i think) chasing cops around. no one shoots him. they wait, until more cops show up with shields, surround him, and arrest him. no one jumps on top of him, no one kills him. he is then taking to the hospital. how can they do it, but we can't?

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 06:40 PM

10. "yep"
In response to Reply # 0

So i bought stock for the first time in my life about 3 weeks ago. Didn't invest much. Had download the Robinhood app that my stepdaughter told me about last year and threw a few dollar on various things. One of the stocks i bought was the Doge bitcoin stock. Not for any reason than it was cheap and it was available for me to buy. Well when that stock rose and i saw i had made triple my money, i was excited. Now im hooked.

My wife and I communicate very well on almost all subjects except when its time for me to go fishing. When i met her a few years ago, i was fishing all the time. I would talk to her but at least 3 times a week i would be fishing with friends. I cut down considerably when we got married because i didn't want to hear her fuss. Even the many times i explained to her my passion over it, her reasoning was that at night anything could happen and i could be harmed(which is a load of bs since ive been night fishing for at 20 years with my friend, but whatever). So we compromised to just day fishing for me. Even that was met with a frown but it is what it is. Fast forward to yesterday, i told my wife i was taking off to go fishing with my cousin. I expected to hear some bs but it never came. After a short pause, she said well have fun. And not in a sarcastic way. For the first time, i think she really sees how happy my passion makes me and how determined i was to keep in my life. When i came home, she was still in that good mood. I think we're turning the corner on this. At least i really hope so.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Apr-22-21 12:34 AM

11. "I once drove from San Antonio to Houston to buy some Starburys"
In response to Reply # 0

I still have them ho’s

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Thu Apr-22-21 06:50 AM

12. "this is my favorite CW post this month. lol..."
In response to Reply # 11

Lobby General Discussion topic #13430558 Previous topic | Next topic