Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13429050

Subject: "Tattoo fams...talk to ya boy..." Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Fri Apr-02-21 10:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Tattoo fams...talk to ya boy..."

so...I currently have 3 tats...nothing special. My most recent one is about 1.5 years old...the other two were waaaaaaaay old. My son, who's about to turn 20, has 6. The first one he ever got, my wife and I paid for it as an 18th birthday gift. All the rest, he's paid for on his own. The first one was done by a brother, about my age. Dude was real chill. So much so, that I went to him for my most recent one. My son went to a different shop to get all his other tats...he and my wife even went together once, and got tattoos. I've been pondering getting another and my son is like, just go where I go, now. So, I look at the shop's website and they have all the artists and examples of their work. Some even say to see their Instgram for more examples. The shop where the black dude works, has the same setup...except, he is not listed on the website as an artist. If you go into the shop, there's a picture album on a table at the front, with a lot of his work in it. So, I'm looking at ALLLL these websites and Instas and none of the presentations of the artist's work are on black people. Obviously, they tattoo black people. That means that either they don't think that the any of the tattoos they've done on black people are worth displaying...or they don't really wanna tattoo black people, but they're not gonna turn down the money. That might be a Scottie Pippen arm reach, but I just can't shake the thought. I'm gonna go back to dude, just on the strength.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Tattoo fams...talk to ya boy...
Apr 02nd 2021
right on...I was very satisfied with the results...
Apr 02nd 2021
tats are a hella personal decision
Apr 02nd 2021
Even with all of the artists I follow on IG
Apr 02nd 2021

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Fri Apr-02-21 10:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: Tattoo fams...talk to ya boy..."
In response to Reply # 0

My girl Tattoos. There is certainly a difference in tattooing on different skin pigments so I would stick with dude that did the work before. Especially if you like his work.

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Fri Apr-02-21 10:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "right on...I was very satisfied with the results..."
In response to Reply # 1

plus, he was chill to talk to. I have always felt that you should have a rapport with tattoo artists, like barbers. Maybe not that cool...cuz you wouldn't see the tattooist as much.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Fri Apr-02-21 11:09 AM

3. "tats are a hella personal decision"
In response to Reply # 0

if you wanna go to one person over another for any reason...do it

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23880 posts
Fri Apr-02-21 11:45 AM

4. "Even with all of the artists I follow on IG"
In response to Reply # 0

I still have no idea who to go to for my next one.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Lobby General Discussion topic #13429050 Previous topic | Next topic