Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13428074

Subject: "Basketball coach suspended for hosting Twerk Tour at HS gym" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Sun Mar-21-21 09:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Basketball coach suspended for hosting Twerk Tour at HS gym"
Sun Mar-21-21 09:32 AM by legsdiamond

Florida man!!!

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article243567547.html

I think the most shocking part of the story is 300 women paying $50
to attend a workshop.

Principal shook the coach down for $1500 and then acted like he had no idea about the 2 day event.

but who the hell thought a twerk workshop at a HS gym with video was a good idea?

Janitor won the day tho.. got paid $500 AND got to watch asses all day.

——-

All Jacob Shaw wanted was to send his Hi-Tides to a basketball tournament in Las Vegas.

Shaw has coached boys basketball at Miami Beach Senior High for eight years. A friend of a friend, celebrity twerker Nastya Nass, was stopping in Miami for her “Twerk Tour.” She needed a venue, and Shaw had keys to the school gym. Shaw would get $4,300 for his team.

The twerking video went viral — and so did the consequences.

Now the 39-year-old coach says his principal and activities director both knew about the arrangement, but he questions why he was the only one punished.

According to Shaw and and text messages he showed to the Miami Herald, Shaw not only got approval from both Principal Maria Rodriguez and Activities Director Maylee Ann Costa, but the messages also show they wanted and received a cut of the cash, too.

“We’re good for AC request ” Costa, who goes by Ms. Mac, texted Shaw. “I expect my cut lol.”

Shaw and Costa arranged for the air conditioning to be on and for the alarms to be turned off on the weekend of Feb. 22-23. A school janitor was assigned to clean up after the 300 women who came to learn to twerk from one of the best in the game. The janitor was paid with proceeds from the event, according to Shaw.

Screenshots of texts between Miami Beach Senior High’s basketball coach Jacob Shaw and activities director Maylee Ann Costa, known as Ms. Mac, show the two made arrangements for a “Twerk Tour” in the school gym.

Yet Miami-Dade County Public Schools only blamed Shaw for holding an “unauthorized event” on campus. Rodriguez and Costa were quietly put under investigation for the same event, but while Shaw was reassigned away from campus, Rodriguez and Costa stayed at Beach High. Shaw says Assistant Principal Julio Echemendia also knew about the arrangements.

“They’re at the school working, and I’m here,” Shaw said, referring to his reassignment to the region office. “I don’t like to bring the race card out, but it’s three Spanish people, protecting this one Spanish lady, and I’m the butt of the joke.”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Florida
Mar 21st 2021
So he basically just rented-out the gym to host the workshop?
Mar 21st 2021
sounds like a bad idea to rent out your own gym for this
Mar 21st 2021
RE: So he basically just rented-out the gym to host the workshop?
Mar 21st 2021

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sun Mar-21-21 09:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Florida"
In response to Reply # 0

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13572 posts
Sun Mar-21-21 10:25 AM

2. "So he basically just rented-out the gym to host the workshop?"
In response to Reply # 0

For $4,300? Over the weekend?

Doesn't really sound bad. All of the women were (probably) adults.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Sun Mar-21-21 11:35 AM

3. "sounds like a bad idea to rent out your own gym for this"
In response to Reply # 2

shoulda rented out the rival HS gym

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Sun Mar-21-21 12:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "RE: So he basically just rented-out the gym to host the workshop?"
In response to Reply # 2

So funny that

A. I was literally just showing my girl Nastya Nass video from this event and how many women showed up and then log on to okp and boom..

B. The big issue is probably how prominently the schools mascot and name were showed in the video.

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

Lobby General Discussion topic #13428074 Previous topic | Next topic