Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13426783

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Mar-10-21 12:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

No message

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
looks like my sister got caught up in a MLM
Mar 10th 2021
a friend of mine posted about how many times he was approached
Mar 11th 2021
Tired.
Mar 11th 2021
on decorating your house for the holidays
Mar 11th 2021

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Mar-10-21 06:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "looks like my sister got caught up in a MLM"
In response to Reply # 0

she was telling me shes probably going to focus on it full time when the restaurant chain shes working for closes. this was before i knew what it was she was doing.

she sent a group text asking about referrals and my brother replied asking her if it was a pyramid scheme and asking her for the name of the company and more details. then he sent a screenshot saying it was one.

from what i could find she is selling a legit service but will probably get pushed to spend more of her own money and not get a good commission unless she recruits more people which...yeah.

i guess we gotta talk with her so she gets out as soon as possible.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79608 posts
Thu Mar-11-21 08:55 AM

2. "a friend of mine posted about how many times he was approached "
In response to Reply # 1

dude said “one time in Denmark”

how the fuck you getting sold on MLM when on vacation.

anyway.. sure enough one dude we grew up with starts his sell. “why are people upset at those who want to have more revenue streams? Sounds like you guys dont like money. I retired my wife with my side gig. He is a photo of my 1099 as proof”

these people are relentless

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Mar-11-21 02:55 PM

3. "Tired."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm about 30-40 days into changing my lifestyle
No sodas, no booze, cut out most sugars, upped exercise, lost weight

But I FEEL awful a lot of days.

What I used to believe was being in a funk because of diet, or sleep (could still be), or hangover/let down/detoxing/ or weight ... I now think is just good old fashion stress.

It was a year ago yesterday hat I texted a good friend that "I don't think people have entertained the likelihood of a quarantine"

It's been a whole damn year.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu Mar-11-21 05:55 PM

4. "on decorating your house for the holidays"
In response to Reply # 0

everyone of them

a neighbor of mine started filling out their yard with inflatables themed for every holiday. i think it started with halloween which, cool...then they did thanksgiving. um okay. christmas, typical...valentines day...st patricks...

i think in the past week they started adding some easter ones to the st patricks one. i think they were out on the yard making changes this morning when i was heading to work. who knows whats going to be up when i get home lol

to be clear they typically only have one holiday up at a time. is this a new trend or is my neighbor an educator working from home that just has to scratch the holiday decorating bug?

Lobby General Discussion topic #13426783 Previous topic | Next topic