Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13425763

Subject: "Is there a history on Spotify?? (mobile app)" Previous topic | Next topic
jd215
Charter member
1747 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 01:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is there a history on Spotify?? (mobile app)"
Wed Mar-03-21 01:37 PM by jd215

Hi all,

I heard some great songs when Spotify was doing its thing last night, and I thought it would be easy to find out what they were later, but apprently not. I've downloaded the desktop app, which has a history, but only for songs played on the desktop app, which I'd never used :/

I found this relatively recent article, but my mobile app doesn't have any of those damn options... https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-see-spotify-listening-history

Is there any way to get Spotify to tell me what songs I was listening to yesterday?

Thanks!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
tidal does...
Mar 03rd 2021
Hmm, good point
Mar 04th 2021
no. you have to contact them to get more.
Mar 03rd 2021
RE: no. you have to contact them to get more.
Mar 04th 2021
Spotify seems designed to promote algorithmic listening only
Mar 04th 2021

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 02:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "tidal does..."
In response to Reply # 0

just saying 😊

jd215
Charter member
1747 posts
Thu Mar-04-21 08:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Hmm, good point"
In response to Reply # 1

I take it you use the app, and are happy? May be time for a switch if Spotify isn't on top of something so basic... It almost makes me wonder if they have some interest in *not* making the history available. But what the hell could that interest be?

tariqhu
Charter member
17860 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 02:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "no. you have to contact them to get more."
In response to Reply # 0

they'll send you everything. they need to do the history thing better. at least let you go back a week or two regardless of how you use the service.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

jd215
Charter member
1747 posts
Thu Mar-04-21 08:15 AM

4. "RE: no. you have to contact them to get more."
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the tip!

shockvalue
Charter member
560 posts
Thu Mar-04-21 12:11 PM

5. "Spotify seems designed to promote algorithmic listening only"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-04-21 12:19 PM by shockvalue

In a lot of ways it seems to circumvent basic functionality that would promote self-directed listening.

Inability to find history is one of these.

Another glaring one is you cannot organize playlists, even alphabetically. Every time you go to add a song to a playlist, if you have many, you must spend time hunting for the one being added to. (edit on desktop this is the case, in fairness on mobile you can type the name of the playlist to shorten this process somewhat...still, ability to sort playlists is very basic and glaring to omit imo).

(Additional edit...i just discovered you CAN manually drag playlists to sort them, on desktop version only. Meh, still bad. Automatic alphabetical sort makes most sense, your app should have functionality found in Windows95.)

And they only very recently made it possible to clear the queue in one tap, after years of needing to clear each song one by one, which was amazingly frustrating.

They are late capitalist bastards, basically.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13425763 Previous topic | Next topic