Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13425703

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 12:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
paid off all* my credit cards
Mar 03rd 2021
congrats, bro...
Mar 03rd 2021
thanks
Mar 03rd 2021
it's a battle, but it's wild how making a little money
Mar 03rd 2021
As long as you murder people politely they'll let you
Mar 03rd 2021
wife and I unplugged for 6 days
Mar 03rd 2021
I’m really going to miss Reeq...
Mar 03rd 2021
What happened to Reeq?
Mar 03rd 2021
he’s going off the grid...
Mar 03rd 2021
lol
Mar 03rd 2021
      what’s funny?
Mar 04th 2021
           lol
Mar 04th 2021
lurker confession
Mar 04th 2021
I can't get shit done with these kids at home all.day.every.day. !!
Mar 05th 2021
man.. kids just say they are hungry for the fuck of it
Mar 05th 2021
nobody signed up to have their kids home 24/7 for a year
Mar 08th 2021
im scared
Mar 06th 2021
Strength sent out nm
Mar 08th 2021
my cousin is black but his family tree is so white its comical
Mar 08th 2021
Yikes.
Mar 08th 2021
      his kids are even lighter.. lol
Mar 08th 2021

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 10:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "paid off all* my credit cards"
In response to Reply # 0

i do have a store card with a no interest promotion that i am well on schedule to payoff before the promo is over and i have one credit card i am using for daily expenses that i pay off every week.

over the past couple of years i paid off other store cards and then two other credit cards that i kept mostly maxed out.

i had two credit cards left that i have had for over 10 years that have been maxed out most of that time. the last couple of years i stopped using them and basically all others except for the above mentioned. this did free up about 25% of their limits. i paid off one last week in full and the other last night. used like 2/3 of my yearly bonus to do so.

im still far from being debt free but i do think these are big moves in the right direction. i do have one personal loan that i am still paying, that will be paid off before the year is up. that would leave me with only student loans (huge) and my car. next step will be having a plan to pay off both of those hopefully within 10 years but if possible sooner.

the biggest reason i have been able to pay the credit cards off is because i am finally getting paid a decent amount and have received some good sized bonuses. i am a bit nervous because i will basically just get my normal checks for the rest of the year, no more planned bonuses until 2022. i have a cushion and should be able to build on it through the year but i have seen it dwindle away before. i will need to actively prevent that.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 10:55 AM

2. "congrats, bro..."
In response to Reply # 1

it's gonna be crazy to you, to see how that lowered credit card utilization effects your credit score. I have one large cc that I keep for emergency shit...or reserving hotels or rental cars (even though you can mostly do that with a debit card, now). I don't let it get above 25% of my credit limit. If I do run it over that, I pay it before my bill cycles and the cc company reports to the credit agencies.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 11:19 AM

4. "thanks"
In response to Reply # 2

i have seen my score jump when i paid off the previous two cards. its still not good but hopefully with these two it will jump up to the next category.

i had half my student loans (private ones) forgiven or dismissed or whatever. the bank decided not to pursue payment anymore. that hit my score big but i think its a win in the long term. would have had to pay taxes on the amount forgiven if i didnt have so much debt, was able to zero that out. im guessing it will affect me getting a mortgage or maybe a new car loan. not really looking to do either for another couple years at least. if the bank would had waited until next year i would probably be ready to start paying them, now i get to focus that money on my remaining student loans.

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 12:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "it's a battle, but it's wild how making a little money"
In response to Reply # 1

suddenly makes paying things off possible that seemed impossible

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 10:57 AM

3. "As long as you murder people politely they'll let you"
In response to Reply # 0

Yesterday I secured two vaccinations for my parents. And started to work on my in-laws. My father in-law who turns 70 canceled the one I had wrangled for him. His reasoning is that he had another appointment that he couldn't cancel.

My mother in-law who's 64 is waiting for her group to open up. She's the youngest out of 7-8 brothers and sisters and NONE of them have been vaccinated either. I told her I'm signing her up for one as soon as I find one and let them cancel her. The difference between 64 and 65 is that 65 is paid for with Medicare.

Meanwhile these Larry Hogan is just letting white people suck up all of the vaccines. And there's just no fucking urgency for survival right now. I don't get it. I simply do not. Where the fuck are my wifes cousins? They should be FIGHTING to save their parents. People should be angry about this shit.

That they're not is outrageous to me.

I did my part. I stayed in my house, quarantined for a year, didn’t socialize, masked up, bent the curve, whatever ... it’s these folks that declared it’s every man for themselves from the start ... then they started to act upon it ... so ... *shrug* it is what it is.

If we’re not all in this together then I’m gonna take care of mine. And I'm gonna spend as much time as I can getting all of my family, extended included.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79555 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 12:04 PM

5. "wife and I unplugged for 6 days"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Mar-03-21 12:05 PM by legsdiamond

no tv, no internet and no cell phone service unless we went into Asheville.. and we didn’t.

shit was awesome.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 12:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I’m really going to miss Reeq..."
In response to Reply # 0

... 😢

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 12:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "What happened to Reeq?"
In response to Reply # 6

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 12:43 PM

8. "he’s going off the grid..."
In response to Reply # 7

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed Mar-03-21 10:26 PM

10. "lol"
In response to Reply # 6

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Mar-04-21 06:27 PM

11. "what’s funny? "
In response to Reply # 10

I don’t wanna assume because only a fool would deny his contribution here.

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Thu Mar-04-21 09:24 PM

12. "lol"
In response to Reply # 11

Duc999
Member since Jun 05th 2009
1551 posts
Thu Mar-04-21 09:35 PM

13. "lurker confession"
In response to Reply # 0

damn its quiet around these parts. I miss the good ole days. Poasts would go plat and have you laughing for days.

There is barely snarky comments now.

Bring back the fun.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Fri Mar-05-21 08:11 AM

14. "I can't get shit done with these kids at home all.day.every.day. !! "
In response to Reply # 0

it's officially taken its toll.
working in 10-15min. spurts is not the move.
why the FCK are they hungry EVERY.GOT.DAMN.HOUR.ON.THE.FCK'N.HOUR!
rough week.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

legsdiamond
79555 posts
Fri Mar-05-21 09:13 AM

15. "man.. kids just say they are hungry for the fuck of it"
In response to Reply # 14

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Mon Mar-08-21 08:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "nobody signed up to have their kids home 24/7 for a year"
In response to Reply # 14

these people talking about you gotta reopen schools for the kids mental health

like bro I'm sure the kids need their friends

but let's tell the truth -- folks need those mfs to go somewhere, anywhere for a few hours

I can understand that

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sat Mar-06-21 08:34 PM

16. "im scared"
In response to Reply # 0

my best friend (since high school) is fighting cancer.
its not going well.
i spoke with her mom today - and it sounds like nothing is working at the moment
and the sense of prepare for the worst/to say goodbye.
she lives in germany- and i have been unable to go because the borders have been closed (seriously, fuck covid)
its really hard to deal with this - dont really have anyone I can talk to.
so. im scared
at this point it feels like... we are waiting.
i cant even get over the unfairness of it all.
adulthood is just #basura

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

vik
Charter member
13505 posts
Mon Mar-08-21 08:20 AM

17. "Strength sent out nm"
In response to Reply # 16

---

But hell, what do I know?

legsdiamond
79555 posts
Mon Mar-08-21 03:14 PM

19. "my cousin is black but his family tree is so white its comical"
In response to Reply # 0

like the dude might get arrested for kidnapping his grandkids

he married white and his kids kept coming out whiter and whiter.. last one, well.. even he jokes that he may not be the daddy.

and all his kids are marrying white and work in law enforcement and prolly vote republican.

its just wild because dude was always getting arrested and mad hood growing up then he just went straight and really went overboard. Type of dude to tell niggas to comply or die.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Mon Mar-08-21 03:53 PM

20. "Yikes."
In response to Reply # 19

https://twitter.com/_fleurdepeach/status/1367419544600510469?s=10

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79555 posts
Mon Mar-08-21 04:36 PM

21. "his kids are even lighter.. lol"
In response to Reply # 20

Lobby General Discussion topic #13425703 Previous topic | Next topic