Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13423779

Subject: "Fellas...wallets. What you got?" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
50860 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Fellas...wallets. What you got?"
Fri Feb-12-21 01:28 PM by Dstl1

I made one of these a few years ago and doubleneg end up putting me on to what I've been rocking since then...
https://www.orchill.com/collections/most-popular/products/concord-wallet-corinthian
I LOVE this wallet...but, it's getting a little worn. I want something that holds cards a bit better, too. Every time I look at those Ridge joints...
https://www.ridgewallet.com/collections/wallets/products/carbon-fiber?variant=41322082382...
I see the price again and back off. I'm pretty splurgy when it comes to myself, too...but, $125 for a wallet is just...nah. Being honest, I don't actually care about RFID protection, either. Maybe I should, but I don't.

when I threw the rifle in the river,
it looked like Bol Bol was diving in the river - Action Bronson

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
asked my girl for a Goyard wallet. She laughed in my face
Feb 12th 2021
I'm all about going as slim as possible
Feb 12th 2021
100% front pocket
Feb 12th 2021
i made the move to a ridge style one after xmas
Feb 12th 2021
I have an honest to god clutch/purse
Feb 12th 2021
nice clutch fam..
Feb 12th 2021
I just searched for when I posted about it
Feb 12th 2021
reading through your post did not give me the right image
Feb 12th 2021
      yeah, me too...
Feb 12th 2021
Ridge price point is ridiculous. I got the same style for $16
Feb 12th 2021
any negatives, fam?
Feb 12th 2021
      only complaint is not getting it sooner
Feb 12th 2021
Whatever slim leather one I find at Target
Feb 12th 2021
I love my gold aluminum Ridge...had a knockoff before but
Feb 12th 2021
lol, man I've had that joint in my cart...
Feb 12th 2021
a $100 better?
Feb 12th 2021
      That much better than the one I had, yeah.
Feb 12th 2021
           gotcha
Feb 12th 2021
leather card holder
Feb 12th 2021
my Grandpa's old silver cigarette case.
Feb 12th 2021
Gustin Corner Wallet
Feb 12th 2021
RE: Fellas...wallets. What you got?
Feb 12th 2021
The older version of this (but I too have been thinking of getting a new...
Feb 12th 2021
the same trifold i've had since HS
Feb 12th 2021
trifold? since high school?
Feb 15th 2021
Saddleback
Feb 12th 2021
same. looks great once beat up.
Feb 15th 2021
The Herschel RFID blocking joint
Feb 12th 2021
LV cardholder. No wallet because I hate carrying cash and I hate...
Feb 12th 2021
Nomad Slim
Feb 12th 2021
damn, this might be it, right here...the version in brown
Feb 12th 2021
I have it in brown
Feb 13th 2021
I've got this one, I hate bi-folds...so I go slim...
Feb 15th 2021
a lot of ya'll walking around with them George Costanza's
Feb 15th 2021
Ugmonk card wallet
Feb 15th 2021
had something similar
Feb 15th 2021
      Yeah that can happen since the leather stretches
Feb 15th 2021
Coach card wallet w/ zipper pouch.
Feb 15th 2021
I have a few of those and a phone case one.
Feb 15th 2021
Had a Ridge-style for a few years, then upgrade to this...
Feb 16th 2021
I still rock a Bi-Fold
Feb 16th 2021
The manliest wallet ever... Timberland tri-fold from Home Depot
Feb 16th 2021
LV Pocket Organizer - Bordeaux
Feb 16th 2021
Been using card holders for about 15 years now.
Feb 16th 2021
hit on eBay for a carbon fiber Ridge, brand new in package...
Feb 16th 2021
This Burberry card holder will likely be my next one
Feb 16th 2021

CIPHA
Charter member
1010 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "asked my girl for a Goyard wallet. She laughed in my face"
In response to Reply # 0

lol

I'm strictly front pocket these days though and I'm never going back.

Let me guess, I can have "good day" now, right?

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
12606 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm all about going as slim as possible"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-12-21 01:34 PM by Oak27

I remember growing up how thick my dad's wallet was with all the bills, cards and PICTURES he kept in it. That thing would be begging for it's life, hanging on, but impossible to keep shut if it wasn't in a pocket.

I go as slim as possible for 2 reasons:
1. With how much less we carry these days (I usually have a few bills of cash in case I'm at a cash-only place of business, my license, 2 CCs, ATM card and pre-covid my work pass that doubled as my MBTA card) it doesn't make sense to have a bulky wallet.
2. I keep my wallet in my front pocket not my back (I don't understand how people can keep their wallet in their back pocket and sit on it comfortable) and as jeans/pants are getting for straight/slim fit I try to keep my wallet "bulge" as subtle as possible.

I'm currently rocking this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073D2J5ZS/

I'm more function and size over fashion, it's a wallet, all it has to do is hold a few things and it's in a pocket 99% of the time, so as long as it isn't ugly I'm cool. That said, I love the Rdige wallet you've linked and have seen a few people with it, but just not sure at that price.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
13879 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "100% front pocket"
In response to Reply # 2

dont remember when i made the switch but boy did it just make so much sense to do so.

mista k5
13879 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:34 PM

3. "i made the move to a ridge style one after xmas"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.amazon.com/Carbon-Fiber-Money-Clip-Wallet/dp/B07GDSXLH4/

got it on a gift exchange, i had put it on my list. im quite happy with it. i had costanza level of wallet before this. a bunch of cards i didnt need on me and papers that had all the ink worn out by this point lol

i have like 6 cards in it now, including my license and a 20. ive had a decent amount of bills on the clip at points. but yeah it took me a while to get over feeling like i forgot my wallet since my pocket feels empty now compared to how it was before.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
20857 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:37 PM

4. "I have an honest to god clutch/purse"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-12-21 01:39 PM by MEAT

I took off the strap but that shit is a purse.
I spent a majority of my life losing and misplacing wallets and always having too much shit in them for it to be comfortable
I'd even lose it in backpacks, and travel bags, and duffle bags
Then about 2 years ago I just said fuck it ... and got a four zipper clutch, mustard yellow, with 7 card slots
Now I don't lose my Excedrin, or micro sds, but I do occasionally lose my cards
Because I leave that joint in the car when I don't need it ... all I take is my drivers license, debit card, a credit card and medical insurance and stuff those in a pocket until I get back.

Funny how its called a travel wallet now, when I bought it, it was titled purse and didnt have near as many color option
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PRHLJZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
69175 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:41 PM

7. "nice clutch fam.. "
In response to Reply # 4

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
20857 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:48 PM

10. "I just searched for when I posted about it"
In response to Reply # 7

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13336839&mesg_id=13336839&listing_type=search#13336923

I embrace all forms of my washed life

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

mista k5
13879 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:46 PM

9. "reading through your post did not give me the right image"
In response to Reply # 4

clicking on the link, that actually looks reasonable. i could see some situations where i might want to use something like that.

Dstl1
Charter member
50860 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 02:12 PM

12. "yeah, me too..."
In response to Reply # 9

just not always. Now, working from home...I don't really go anywhere that isn't a quick in and out...and right back home.

legsdiamond
69175 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:40 PM

6. "Ridge price point is ridiculous. I got the same style for $16 "
In response to Reply # 0

TININ Carbon Fiber Wallet, Slim Money Clip & Minimalist Wallet, RFID Blocking Front Packet, Aluminum Metal Wallet & Business Card Holder Billfolds for Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C53XTBZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FXX8Z5AB4DZ06F4GNDPN

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Dstl1
Charter member
50860 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 02:16 PM

14. "any negatives, fam?"
In response to Reply # 6

legsdiamond
69175 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 03:15 PM

17. "only complaint is not getting it sooner"
In response to Reply # 14

no idea what makes Ridge so expensive.

Hitokiri
Charter member
21086 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Whatever slim leather one I find at Target"
In response to Reply # 0

a wallet is not something i care enough about to spend any kinda money on.

--
"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

"There is only one god and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death: not today."

soulfunk
Charter member
9346 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 01:50 PM

11. "I love my gold aluminum Ridge...had a knockoff before but"
In response to Reply # 0

the actual Ridge is much better in terms of how easy it is to slide cards in and out, and adjusting the width when I want to.

I've had all kinds of wallets before this - money clips, Belroy, traditional three fold, leather clip style, etc...at this point I use the ridge as my every day wallet in my front pocket, and I have a large leather passport holder style wallet that holds the rest of my credit cards and I use if I travel out of the country (at least when I used to be able to do that.)

Dstl1
Charter member
50860 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 02:13 PM

13. "lol, man I've had that joint in my cart..."
In response to Reply # 11

several times, now. I was wondering how the quality compared to some of the knock-offs I'd seen on Amazon. Thanks for the input.

legsdiamond
69175 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 03:18 PM

18. "a $100 better? "
In response to Reply # 11

I mean.. when I got my Tinin it was tight but it comes with the tool to adjust it if needed. I think I can remove the money clip it I wanted.

I def got it because I saw the Ridge but that price point didnt make sense to me.

soulfunk
Charter member
9346 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 03:36 PM

21. "That much better than the one I had, yeah. "
In response to Reply # 18
Fri Feb-12-21 03:38 PM by soulfunk

But I had a no-name Amazon knock-off, which didn't have a way to adjust it, and came with just the money clip built in (my Ridge came with both the clip and a strap style which can be swapped, and I prefer the strap.)

But the number one thing in terms of value for me is the lifetime replacement warranty that the Ridge has - any issues, they replace it no questions asked. My knockoff lasted only a few months before breaking, and no warranty.

Also my aluminum Ridge was $75, so it isn't THAT much more expensive than the knockoffs.

legsdiamond
69175 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 03:53 PM

22. "gotcha"
In response to Reply # 21

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
7686 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 02:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "leather card holder"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-12-21 02:45 PM by bearfield

all i carry are 6 cards and a folded $50 bill or two for emergencies (even though most emergencies involving money seem like they can be handled electronically these days.) it's maybe 3/4 inch thick and goes in my front pocket. i love it

PG
Charter member
42513 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 03:00 PM

16. "my Grandpa's old silver cigarette case."
In response to Reply # 0

it looks exactly like this one:

https://images.antiquesatlas.com/dealer-stock-images/villageontheweb/Plain_silver_cigarette_case_19_as600a264b.jpg

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
43427 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 03:23 PM

19. "Gustin Corner Wallet"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.weargustin.com/store/accessories-corner-wallet-chromexcel-8

That's if I even CARRY it....
only thing in it is my DL and debit card.

jimaveli
Charter member
5318 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 03:33 PM

20. "RE: Fellas...wallets. What you got?"
In response to Reply # 0

>I made one of these a few years ago and doubleneg end up
>putting me on to what I've been rocking since then...
>https://www.orchill.com/collections/most-popular/products/concord-wallet-corinthian
>I LOVE this wallet...but, it's getting a little worn. I want
>something that holds cards a bit better, too. Every time I
>look at those Ridge joints...
>https://www.ridgewallet.com/collections/wallets/products/carbon-fiber?variant=41322082382...
>I see the price again and back off. I'm pretty splurgy when
>it comes to myself, too...but, $125 for a wallet is
>just...nah. Being honest, I don't actually care about RFID
>protection, either. Maybe I should, but I don't.

ID is with the phone. A card or two too.

Besides that, I have a smallish zipped wallet that I can take with me if I’m doing anything other than a quick in and out. It’s not this one but it something like this. It holds cash about hella cards. 7 or more easily.

https://www.rareform.com/products/wilde-zip-wallet-wz-01923?variant=31350570713130&utm_source=M6_Google_cid-10697237685_agid-103885904365_ad-452817822684&gclid=CjwKCAiA65iBBhB-EiwAW253W04XOiXEpmX_Dd7R-xmyLJJersLpvAPlk1dWfli311zZRugjDI2tpRoCW3kQAvD_BwE

vik
Charter member
13292 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 04:13 PM

23. "The older version of this (but I too have been thinking of getting a new..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://bellroy.com/products/slim-sleeve-wallet/leather_default/red_earth#slide-1

---

But hell, what do I know?

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
80898 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 04:23 PM

24. "the same trifold i've had since HS"
In response to Reply # 0

i only ever have cash on me when im going to the barbershop so i dont need anything fancy. its just to hold my license, CC and insurance cards

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
69175 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 03:24 PM

36. "trifold? since high school? "
In response to Reply # 24

bruh.. lol

Frank Mackey
Member since May 23rd 2006
2842 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 04:41 PM

25. "Saddleback"
In response to Reply # 0

Had it for years.
Forces minimalism.
Given it as gifts.
Love it.

https://saddlebackleather.com/leather-wallet-mens-front

kajsidog
Charter member
2678 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 09:14 PM

38. "same. looks great once beat up."
In response to Reply # 25

It's probably been around a decade or so since I got it.

See ya, JAK
http://www.staugustinepics.com/

Winner of OKP Second Photo Kontest
Pic #6 http://www.tha-renaissance.com/effstop/kontest2

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
22974 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 05:01 PM

26. "The Herschel RFID blocking joint"
In response to Reply # 0

I got spooked in the olden days when we could be outside, that someone would steal my shit at one of these festivals or something.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Creole
Charter member
15403 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 05:21 PM

27. "LV cardholder. No wallet because I hate carrying cash and I hate..."
In response to Reply # 0

the bulkiness of a wallet. The cardholder fits comfortably in my front pocket. If I do need to carry cash, I have a money clip from Things Remembered.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

Rjcc
Charter member
93306 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 05:25 PM

28. "Nomad Slim"
In response to Reply # 0

it has a pocket for my tile tracker which is my main consideration
https://nomadgoods.com/products/slim-wallet-tile-black

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Dstl1
Charter member
50860 posts
Fri Feb-12-21 07:55 PM

29. "damn, this might be it, right here...the version in brown"
In response to Reply # 28

Rjcc
Charter member
93306 posts
Sat Feb-13-21 12:47 AM

30. "I have it in brown"
In response to Reply # 29

right now it's stuffed with a shit ton of various cards, but it's super slim if I trimmed back to a reasonable amount, even with some cash in there

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

eclipsedInI
Member since Jul 29th 2002
92817 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 10:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
32. " I've got this one, I hate bi-folds...so I go slim..."
In response to Reply # 28

https://bellroy.com/products/card-sleeve-wallet/leather_default/racing_green#slide-0

eclipsedInI
Member since Jul 29th 2002
92817 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 10:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "a lot of ya'll walking around with them George Costanza's"
In response to Reply # 0

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2693 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 01:22 PM

33. "Ugmonk card wallet"
In response to Reply # 0

https://ugmonk.com/products/slim-card-wallet-black

Been using it for years, it’s perfect.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

legsdiamond
69175 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 03:22 PM

35. "had something similar"
In response to Reply # 33

inly problem was once I trued to reduce my wallet by eliminating a few cards all my stuff would fall out.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2693 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 08:19 PM

37. "Yeah that can happen since the leather stretches"
In response to Reply # 35

I’m guessing you might be able to tighten it up a little again by applying some heat. Or adding a few more bills in the middle. Not really an issue for me though. If it did happen I’ve gotten enough use out of it that I would be fine starting with a fresh one.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

PROMO
Charter member
26331 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 01:42 PM

34. "Coach card wallet w/ zipper pouch."
In response to Reply # 0

What I always carry. Just pick them up from the Coach outlet for $25 whenever I need a new one.

Good construction, nice looking, designer but doesn't make me feel like a douche for having a Gucci or Louis one.

Appropriate for my income and steez, LOL.

STAND OUT HAND OUTS: http://basquiatwhenipaint.tumblr.com

TWEET ME: @PROMO206

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
22974 posts
Mon Feb-15-21 09:20 PM

39. "I have a few of those and a phone case one."
In response to Reply # 34

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
6872 posts
Tue Feb-16-21 01:29 PM

40. "Had a Ridge-style for a few years, then upgrade to this..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.amazon.com/FIDELO-Minimalist-Wallet-Men-Vegetable/dp/B07QX2PT52/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=fidelo&qid=1613500205&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzS1lCMjU4UjhRU1ZNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzYxOTQ5MjY2Q1pRODBTSFlMWCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDA3NTQ0MlJNSURGVDVSSlc2QiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

tha_scientist
Member since Jun 04th 2003
551 posts
Tue Feb-16-21 03:23 PM

41. "I still rock a Bi-Fold"
In response to Reply # 0

This is what I have now. I found this company, Byndr, in a link of other black-owned stores. I had my wife get me one for my bday.

https://byndrleathergoods.com/collections/wallet/products/horiz-byndr-billfold

bigkarma
Charter member
7859 posts
Tue Feb-16-21 03:28 PM

42. "The manliest wallet ever... Timberland tri-fold from Home Depot"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Timberland-PRO-Men-s-RFID-Leather-Trifold-Wallet-with-ID-Window-Wheat-Pullman-DP0022-38/312459920

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14480 posts
Tue Feb-16-21 05:51 PM

43. "LV Pocket Organizer - Bordeaux"
In response to Reply # 0

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10624 posts
Tue Feb-16-21 07:29 PM

44. "Been using card holders for about 15 years now."
In response to Reply # 0

Currently using a LV Damier ebene card holder. I only carry my license and 2 debit cards. Use to use a leather money clip but rarely carry cash now

Dstl1
Charter member
50860 posts
Tue Feb-16-21 07:30 PM

45. "hit on eBay for a carbon fiber Ridge, brand new in package..."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Feb-16-21 07:40 PM by Dstl1

with the money clip/strap upgrade. Seller wanted 85 obo, hit him with 75, he hit me back with 80...sold.

snacks
Member since Sep 15th 2005
5542 posts
Tue Feb-16-21 08:18 PM

46. "This Burberry card holder will likely be my next one"
In response to Reply # 0

https://us.burberry.com/icon-stripe-e-canvasleather-card-case-p80260001?istCompanyId=564e1513-f47e-4b67-be63-f610234165ed&istFeedId=8cf3583f-d329-465d-b0c6-94f120d80dba&istItemId=ipipiqtri&istBid=t&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

For now, I'm rocking w a Coach card holder I got as a bday present years ago

Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

http://twitter.com/phntmd
http://instagram.com/phntmd
https://themonarchbrand.com
https://instagram.com/themonarchbrand

Lobby General Discussion topic #13423779 Previous topic | Next topic