Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13423446

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Feb-10-21 06:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my wife can cook
Feb 10th 2021
Sending the kids to daycare is pretty much bad case scenario
Feb 10th 2021
my sister just texted that the teacher in the next classroom
Feb 10th 2021
      I'm ready to pull the 3 month old out today
Feb 10th 2021
I'm for real thinking I'm about to get let go this week.
Feb 10th 2021

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Wed Feb-10-21 08:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "my wife can cook"
In response to Reply # 0

but her plating presentation is terrible

she likes to mix things together that should be kept separate. I’m a food segregationist.

also, she has no respect for no stick pans. Just straight disrespectful. Its time for an intervention. She knows better she just dont give af. lol

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Wed Feb-10-21 12:20 PM

2. "Sending the kids to daycare is pretty much bad case scenario"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-10-21 12:21 PM by MEAT

It could be WORSE, because they haven't had any COVID scares ... yet
But they're always sick.
It was tough to work with them in the house, but things were stable
Now my three year old is fully mimicking other three year olds
AND she's sick at least once a week
Meanwhile the three month old has had a lingering cough since early January

Now instead of us all being in the house together
I'm working from home with at least one of them at least one day a week for the last month
Sometimes two days and sometimes both of them

Which has made house things get behind.
Cleaning, groceries, cooking, just general tasks that I was able to handle ... instead I'm spending time playing catch up.

It doesn't have to be like this. There are places out there where they focus on welfare and health of their citizens. Not this country. Fuck America.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Wed Feb-10-21 12:47 PM

3. "my sister just texted that the teacher in the next classroom"
In response to Reply # 2

has covid and the principle didnt warn anyone in the building.

my wife is legit shook to go back. We might have to make a tough decision.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Wed Feb-10-21 12:56 PM

4. "I'm ready to pull the 3 month old out today"
In response to Reply # 3

We have a doctors appointment later this afternoon. And I'm going to get tested tomorrow. If either of us have it he's not going back until they get vaccines. Probably the same for the 3 year old.

Aside from the teachers she's the only one that masks in a class of 3 and 4 year olds. That's not scientifically sound.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Feb-10-21 01:02 PM

5. "I'm for real thinking I'm about to get let go this week. "
In response to Reply # 0

and I'm not worried

If anything I'm just annoyed at myself for acting helpless and not being more proactive in my own career and life.

It's been 5 years.

I've raised my base pay but dumbed my skillset down.

They have not invested in me. There is no career path here except incremental raises. If I had desires to go into management then there might be a path but that shit does not sound like fun. I want to build and innovate.

It's a 165 year old company. They will survive this shit, but the vibe of things have turned extremely weird. Lots and lots and LOTS of people have left. Its literally become a different place. I havent seen my team in a year. My boss quit. The second in command moved away to the west coast.

Ever since covid hit it feels like the company is rolling back all of the innovation and forward thinking we picked up through the years.

So...I'm readying myself to be removed and if I'm not, I was still preparing to go. I just have a really big issue with taking control of my own destiny.

I dont think I will have a problem finding a job...I'm really worried about getting picked up and being complacent becuase of a paycheck

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Lobby General Discussion topic #13423446 Previous topic | Next topic