Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13419903

Subject: "FBI: Armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols from 1/16..." Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FBI: Armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols from 1/16..."

Armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols from 16 January through at least 20 January. https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1348674449965527045

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
flat out terrorism.
Jan 11th 2021
But the Dems and Retrumplicans are the SAME!!
Jan 11th 2021
1 week from now:
Jan 11th 2021
I hate that I'm even thinking this.
Jan 11th 2021
They’ve been hacking health care system during this pandemic
Jan 11th 2021
One of the memes trying to blame Antifa for the 6th
Jan 11th 2021
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1348339980859543555
Jan 11th 2021
at least 1 russian at the capitol was involved in the ukraine invasion.
Jan 11th 2021
Well they had the dry run
Jan 11th 2021
Hope 'appropriate'l aw enforcement will load up
Jan 11th 2021
i have to think the legal implications of being party to treason
Jan 11th 2021
      Not if they don't expect to lose
Jan 11th 2021
           it's a good instinct
Jan 11th 2021
                I don't think they arrested any leaders, operational or symbolic
Jan 11th 2021
let's see if Trump promotes these 'protests'
Jan 11th 2021
Damn, even in Hawaii?!?!?!
Jan 11th 2021
now reporting significant threats to Biden, Harris & Pelosi
Jan 11th 2021
This whole situation is out of control
Jan 11th 2021
Wonder if the Army psyops officer from NC who resigned will be at one (l...
Jan 11th 2021
dhs secretary just resigned.
Jan 11th 2021
secret service officer suspended.
Jan 11th 2021
ppl been talking about this the whole time. it was overlooked in the wav...
Jan 11th 2021
New York State
Jan 20th 2021
I'm disapointed he didn't sell his house and quit his job first
Jan 20th 2021
I'm crying
Jan 20th 2021
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW72ncGrDpQ
Jan 20th 2021
Hope his car breaks down on the way home
Jan 20th 2021
Bernie and his mittens was there w/him LOLOLOLOL
Jan 20th 2021
      HAHAHA
Jan 20th 2021
           I'd kill to have had Bernie there for real, with a cup of red Kool-Aid
Jan 20th 2021
California
Jan 20th 2021
They caught the kid a day early:
Jan 21st 2021

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "flat out terrorism."
In response to Reply # 0

calij81
Member since Jan 17th 2007
13928 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 05:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "But the Dems and Retrumplicans are the SAME!!"
In response to Reply # 1

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:21 PM

2. "1 week from now:"
In response to Reply # 0

"We didn't see this coming"

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Numba_33
Charter member
19327 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:26 PM

3. "I hate that I'm even thinking this."
In response to Reply # 0

But what if outside forces take advantage of this inner conflict currently in the country? I don't envy folks that have to guard potentially sensitive areas in this country.

Personally, I'm happy I don't work near the Wall St. area like I used to years ago.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

MEAT
22256 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:28 PM

4. "They’ve been hacking health care system during this pandemic "
In response to Reply # 3
Mon Jan-11-21 12:33 PM by MEAT

Of course they will. Have been. And will continue to do so.

------

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:34 PM

5. "One of the memes trying to blame Antifa for the 6th"
In response to Reply # 3

was alleging one of the terrorists photographed in the Capitol had a hammer and sickle tattoo.

It was absurd bc the tattoo barely resembled that Soviet symbol but also stupid bc, if it were true, it would really just bring the Russian interference story full circle! They helped him get elected and he helped them get access to our Capitol (if not all our government networks through Solarwinds).

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 02:22 PM

8. "https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1348339980859543555"
In response to Reply # 5

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1348339980859543555

Reeq
16347 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "at least 1 russian at the capitol was involved in the ukraine invasion."
In response to Reply # 3

https://twitter.com/mhmck/status/1347880970435895301

you know there were more there that just havent been publicly documented yet.

theyre employing the same disinfo and violent clash/subversion tactics all over the globe.

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5183 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:47 PM

6. "Well they had the dry run"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/06/trump-rally-protest-statehouses-capitols-state-capitals

---------------------------
Signature

rdhull
Charter member
33127 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 02:47 PM

9. "Hope 'appropriate'l aw enforcement will load up"
In response to Reply # 0

Triptych
Charter member
30124 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 02:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
10. "i have to think the legal implications of being party to treason"
In response to Reply # 9

Has a looot of police departments adjusting their posture towards these crowds.

http://instagram.com/yogikenan
http://instagram.com/shotbykenan
http://stackoverflow.com/users/43089/triptych
http://github.com/djtriptych

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 03:19 PM

12. "Not if they don't expect to lose"
In response to Reply # 10

One thing that stands out to me with these people who stormed the Capitol, is there doesn't appear to be a hint of a thought that the whole thing might fail.

One of the more jarring moments apart from the violence was dude with his foot up on Pelosi's table. The. We have people giving their names, and then looking at the Q shit, where it's essentially fan fiction that they treat as prophecy.

The woman who got shot believed, if I recall correctly, she was there to participate in "the storm", where The Donald was going to execute all his political enemies.

If these people don't think real consequences are possible, there's not much incentive to change the way they approach this. Or, worse, the cynic in me thinks fear of consequences may make them that much more determined to make sure they succeed.

Triptych
Charter member
30124 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 05:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
16. "it's a good instinct "
In response to Reply # 12

And I think you're right that they have a very different relationship with consequences.

But they are also delusional, and easily deluded, almost by definition.
You're right that they may still attack and protest.
But they're losing *soft* institutional support.

That means Fox News is going to be much more careful repeating the lies.
Soft money will stop flowing to candidates on the far right.
You saw what happened to Parler, and I'm sure Gab is nervous.
The entire legal climate has changed permanently, now that we know how far they will go.

War isn't over by a long shot. But that movement seeing all these dummies getting arrested means they'll have to regroup.

I still expect armed protests, but the PDs have to see the writing on the wall. They're going to shoot to kill them like they do us.

http://instagram.com/yogikenan
http://instagram.com/shotbykenan
http://stackoverflow.com/users/43089/triptych
http://github.com/djtriptych

Errol Walton Barrow
Member since Jul 02nd 2002
6186 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 06:11 PM

19. "I don't think they arrested any leaders, operational or symbolic "
In response to Reply # 16

It's not like the proud boys leader or a kkk dragon got picked up.

Although I agree with the notion that these rioters believe that Q anon stuff, I just don't think it's a deep enough conspiracy to encourage a full revolution. It's not as detailed as the 9/11 one, or as wide reaching as the 13 bloodlines rule the world one.

Those dudes broke into the capitol and took pictures and shit. The Paris Commune this was not. I think they wanna fuck some stuff up, and black and working class people gonna get killed cuz of it, but it seems...manufactured to an extent, reliant on funding instead of a real 10 points-esque declaration.

Just tryna look on the bright side here.

-------
http://adevotedappraisal.tumblr.com - Essays, reviews, short stories and free writes on music, film and life around us.

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 02:51 PM

11. "let's see if Trump promotes these 'protests'"
In response to Reply # 0

during him rally tomorrow...

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 03:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "Damn, even in Hawaii?!?!?!"
In response to Reply # 0

CIPHA
Charter member
1010 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 05:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "now reporting significant threats to Biden, Harris & Pelosi"
In response to Reply # 0

Interesting since I'm sure there are always threats against these high ranking officials. I wonder why they are choosing to report these specifically.

Let me guess, I can have "good day" now, right?

MEAT
22256 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 05:41 PM

15. "This whole situation is out of control"
In response to Reply # 14

------

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6569 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 06:07 PM

18. "Wonder if the Army psyops officer from NC who resigned will be at one (l..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emily-rainey-fort-bragg-captain-resigngs-washington-rally-army-investigating/

Officer resigns as Army investigates her involvement in Washington rally that led to U.S. Capitol riot
UPDATED ON: JANUARY 11, 2021 / 9:02 AM / CBS/AP

A psychological operations officer who the Army is investigating for leading a group of people from North Carolina to the rally in Washington that led up to the deadly riot in the U.S. Capitol had already resigned her commission, CBS News correspondent David Martin reports. Commanders at Fort Bragg said they were reviewing Captain Emily Rainey's involvement in last week's events in the nation's capital, but she said she acted within military regulations and that no one in her group broke the law.

"I was a private citizen and doing everything right and within my rights," Rainey told The Associated Press on Sunday.

A Defense official told CBS News the Army is investigating how many soldiers from Fort Bragg accompanied Rainey to Washington. Rainey had resigned her commission after receiving a career-ending letter of reprimand for her actions at an earlier protest in the Fort Bragg area, Martin reports.

Because the process takes time, Rainey was still on active duty when she led a group of protestors to Washington and is due to leave the Army next month. Officials at Fort Bragg are now working to determine what other soldiers went to Washington and whether they were part of the mob that stormed the Capitol, Martin reports.

Rainey said she led 100 members of Moore County Citizens for Freedom, which describes itself online as a nonpartisan network promoting conservative values, from North Carolina to Washington to "stand against election fraud" and support Trump. She said the group attended the rally but she didn't know of anyone who entered the Capitol and that they were headed back to their buses hours before an emergency curfew took effect.

Rainey, 30, is assigned to the 4th Psychological Operations Group at Fort Bragg, according to Maj. Daniel Lessard, a spokesman for 1st Special Forces Command. Known as PSYOPS, the group uses information and misinformation to shape the emotions, decision-making and actions of American adversaries.

Rainey made headlines back in May after she posted a video online of her pulling down caution tape at a playground that was closed under North Carolina's COVID-19 restrictions.

Police in Southern Pines, a community about 30 miles west of Fort Bragg, charged her with injury to personal property over the incident. The police told WRAL-TV that they let her off with warnings twice before after she tore down the tape closing off the playground.

In Washington on Wednesday, insurrectionists took over the House and Senate chambers, smashed windows and waved Trump, American and Confederate flags. The riot followed the rally where Trump repeated false claims that the election had been rigged against him and said he and his supporters are going to have to "fight much harder" to protect democracy.

So far, at least 90 people have been arrested on charges ranging from misdemeanor curfew violations to felonies related to assaults on police officers, possessing illegal weapons and making death threats against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

Rainey said that her group and most people who traveled to Washington "are peace-loving, law-abiding people who were doing nothing but demonstrating our First Amendment rights."

Members of the U.S. military are permitted to take part in political organizations and events out of uniform. However, there are caveats. The Department of Defense directive prohibits active-duty servicemembers from sponsoring partisan organizations. It is unclear if Rainey's participation with her group on Wednesday went against DOD policy.

Rainey said she attended the Trump rally while on leave and didn't advertise that she was an Army officer. She said Sunday afternoon that her commanders had not inquired about her time in Washington, but she did not immediately respond to a subsequent inquiry about the Army's investigation.

"I told my bosses before I went that I was going, and I told them when I got back," she said.

Rep. Ruben Gallego, a Democrat from Arizona who is an Iraq war veteran, tweeted Monday that Rainey "needs to be removed from her job."

-------------------------------

A lot of you players ain't okay.

We would have been better off with an okaycivics board instead of an okayactivist board

Reeq
16347 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 06:11 PM

20. "dhs secretary just resigned."
In response to Reply # 0

so we will have acting heads of dhs, doj, dod, etc all by the time inauguration rolls around. and a brand new head of capitol police (a black woman they predictably sent in to clean up the mess).

a recipe for dysfunction and chaos (and intentional sabotage).

the dhs head *just* made a decision to start security planning for the inauguration earlier than usual.
https://twitter.com/DHS_Wolf/status/1348733971287461890

and then just announced he was out.
https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1348756909814394881

people quitting abruptly in the trump administration usually means they got pressured by trump or they dont wanna be a part of some illegal shit thats coming down the pike.

mind you...this dude was an unlawfully appointed *acting* dhs head himself (who stayed in his position even after a court ruled he wasnt legally allowed to be there). so the next person will be acting acting.

Reeq
16347 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 09:06 PM

21. "secret service officer suspended."
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1348806511410163713

it doesnt get talked about a lot...but the trump admin removed or ignored a lot of safeguards put in place to avoid partisan/compromised/etc employees in the federal govt. they also hired/fired people based on their loyalty to trump/repubs.

so you prolly have a ton of people flooded into the federal workforce who are national security risks, trump sycophants, etc. and these folks could cause chaos in a biden admin.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 10:43 PM

22. "ppl been talking about this the whole time. it was overlooked in the wav..."
In response to Reply # 21

of normalization. but yeah.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

MEAT
22256 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 01:33 PM

23. "New York State"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/morganfmckay/status/1351934178493935620

Mark Leggiero is the one lone Trump supporter out in front of the NYS Capitol. He says he expected a few thousand ppl here and is disappointed. He said he drove 45 minutes for a peaceful protest

------

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 01:45 PM

24. "I'm disapointed he didn't sell his house and quit his job first"
In response to Reply # 23

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4872 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 02:01 PM

26. "I'm crying"
In response to Reply # 24

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 02:12 PM

28. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW72ncGrDpQ"
In response to Reply # 26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW72ncGrDpQ

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 01:58 PM

25. "Hope his car breaks down on the way home"

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 02:01 PM

27. "Bernie and his mittens was there w/him LOLOLOLOL"

https://twitter.com/musa/status/1351945775916347392

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24414 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 04:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
30. "HAHAHA"
In response to Reply # 27

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 05:44 PM

31. "I'd kill to have had Bernie there for real, with a cup of red Kool-Aid"
In response to Reply # 30

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Wed Jan-20-21 02:46 PM

29. "California "
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/sacbeenightcops/status/1351965228251054080?s=21

All quiet on the western front

vik
Charter member
13505 posts
Thu Jan-21-21 01:18 AM

32. "They caught the kid a day early:"
In response to Reply # 29

https://www.ktvu.com/news/arrest-of-napa-businessman-on-weapons-charges-reveals-political-beliefs

---

But hell, what do I know?

Lobby General Discussion topic #13419903 Previous topic | Next topic