Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13418718

Subject: "Dr. Dre had a brain aneurism and is in ICU" Previous topic | Next topic
makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 08:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dr. Dre had a brain aneurism and is in ICU"
Tue Jan-05-21 08:22 PM by makaveli

Wtf.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/05/dre-suffers-brain-aneursym-la-health/

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
:(
Jan 05th 2021
damn. hope he'll be ok
Jan 05th 2021
God fucking damn. He better make it.
Jan 05th 2021
According to LL Cool J he is recovering well
Jan 05th 2021
They seem like an odd couple, right
Jan 10th 2021
      Now that you mention it I do remember LL saying that
Jan 10th 2021
4 dudes tried to rob his house when they heard the news
Jan 06th 2021
HOLY SHIT!! (link)
Jan 06th 2021
People are sick
Jan 06th 2021
people are *stupid
Jan 09th 2021
“You’d probably move to a new house on a new hill”
Jan 11th 2021

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 09:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. ":("
In response to Reply # 0

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 09:06 PM

2. "damn. hope he'll be ok"
In response to Reply # 0

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 09:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "God fucking damn. He better make it."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-05-21 09:47 PM by Brew

I can't handle anymore rap tragedy. Like many of us I'm sure, I'm still *HEAVY* mourning DOOM.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 10:16 PM

4. "According to LL Cool J he is recovering well"
In response to Reply # 0

I didn’t know those two were tight like that but that’s good news.

https://twitter.com/llcoolj/status/1346642573524307969?s=21

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Sun Jan-10-21 10:39 PM

9. "They seem like an odd couple, right"
In response to Reply # 4

But they apparently have recorded a fair bit of music together. LL talked about it on his podcast/radio show once. That interview is on YouTube.

The music is mostly unreleased except for Zoom which dropped on the Bullworth soundtrack way back in the day.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Sun Jan-10-21 11:07 PM

10. "Now that you mention it I do remember LL saying that"
In response to Reply # 9
Sun Jan-10-21 11:09 PM by makaveli

Edit: I didn’t think I remembered that Zoom song but I do.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79592 posts
Wed Jan-06-21 01:10 PM

5. "4 dudes tried to rob his house when they heard the news"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Wed Jan-06-21 01:26 PM

6. "HOLY SHIT!! (link)"
In response to Reply # 5

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/01/dr-dre-home-robbery-burglary-ring-brain-aneurysm-hospitalized

The same night that news broke that Dr. Dre has been hospitalized with a brain aneurysm, Los Angeles news network ABC 7 reported that his home was the target of a burglary ring on Tuesday night, while he remained in the hospital. Los Angeles police confirmed that nothing was stolen; the burglars reportedly attempted to break into the home around 10 p.m. but were unable to get inside. Authorities reportedly originally believed that Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris’s home in the area was the real target of the robbery, but investigators confirmed the Beats cofounder was in fact the intended mark. During a surveillance operation in the neighborhood, officers spotted an SUV they believed to be involved in the break-ins, and, after a short chase, apprehended four suspects who were then taken into custody. Inside the suspects’ vehicle, officers found a backpack full of burglary tools, saws, and crowbars.

All of this transpired just one day after Dr. Dre was hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center following a brain aneurysm on Monday. A source familiar with the situation told Page Six that, despite undergoing several tests, it was not immediately clear what the cause of the incident was, but he remains in stable condition. While he has yet to address the attempted robbery at his home, he did discuss his health scare on social media, sharing a hopeful message with his Instagram followers on Tuesday night. “Thanks to my family, friends and fans for their interest and well wishes,” he wrote. “I’m doing great and getting excellent care from my medical team. I will be out of the hospital and back home soon. Shout out to all the great medical professionals at Cedars. One Love!!”

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Wed Jan-06-21 01:34 PM

7. "People are sick"
In response to Reply # 5

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Sat Jan-09-21 09:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "people are *stupid"
In response to Reply # 7

he's a billionaire, you think his security was taking the night off or some shit?

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Mon Jan-11-21 12:16 AM

11. "“You’d probably move to a new house on a new hill”"
In response to Reply # 5

Lobby General Discussion topic #13418718 Previous topic | Next topic