Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13418454

Subject: "NYT: Buyers remorse (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 08:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NYT: Buyers remorse (swipe)"

https://www.nytimespost.com/the-year-of-buyers-remorse/

this article is interesting. I almost bought a video game console or Oculus 2 this christmas.. but then I realized I don’t really like video games enough to justify it.

——

Jenn Takahashi remembers March 27 as the date she panic-bought a Nintendo Switch Lite. She realized her colleagues were playing an online game called Animal Crossing in which your character, usually an anthropomorphic animal, moves to a deserted island, helps develop it, and then hangs out there with other creatures.

“I saw this screenshot they posted with their animals all wearing these matching grape hats,” she said. “I felt really sad I wasn’t included.”

She promptly ordered the video-game console for $200, not including tax, and then downloaded the game, which cost an additional $60.

What Ms. Takahashi, 32, didn’t realize is that in order to hang out with her friends’ avatars on the island, she had to complete a seemingly endless list of onscreen chores. “I had to chop wood and collect branches, and there was this raccoon bossing me around,” she said. “I kept thinking, ‘Why am I doing chores on this game when I am not doing them in my real house?’”

“I only played it for 15 minutes before I quit,” she said with a laugh. “I felt so embarrassed I bought it in the first place.”

While millions of Americans have lost their jobs during the pandemic, consumer spending on goods went up 7.2 percent from January to September, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. And some of that spending includes items people now regret. Some were meeting basic needs, from canned corn to houses. Others took advantage of big sales to buy clothes they won’t wear this year. And still others bought goods from gadgets to boats they thought would keep them entertained, but are now sitting unused.

Back in April Niko Alaezi, 24, made a purchase that is still irritating her today.

Ms. Alaezi, who lives in Atlanta, was at her local Walmart picking up house supplies when her mind turned to toilet paper. She already had four rolls, and because she lives alone and was working overtime shifts as an I.C.U. nurse, that was more than enough.

But the impulse to stockpile proved unavoidable “I saw a Walmart employee wheel out a whole stack of toilet paper from the back and head toward the toilet paper section,” she said. “I followed him there and took a 20 pack right from the shelf!”

When she got home to her one-bedroom apartment Ms. Alaezi realized she had nowhere to store her purchase. Then she realized something else, “It felt a little rough,” she said. “I checked the packaging, and it was single ply!”

She tried to pawn some rolls off to family and friends, but no one wanted them.

“The biggest life lesson I learned during this experience is that toilet paper will come back in stock,” said Ms. Alaezi.

At the end of September Dylan Jones, a physician assistant in an emergency room and his wife, who were relocating from California, bought a 1,100-square-foot home in Essex, Conn., despite a heated seller’s market there and some qualms about the commitment.

Built in 1890, it’s a yellow farmhouse with original wood floors and frames. “There are a lot of trees,” said Mr. Jones, 30. “It is super quiet.”

But the problems, most of which he knew about before closing, have irked him more than he imagined. The house needs a new septic tank and furnace and framing work. “The peak of my buyer’s remorse was when the structural engineer came in and told us we would have to redo the basement to make sure it is structurally sound,” he said. (They got a less intimidating second opinion.)

Mr. Jones is working on acceptance. “Hindsight is 20/20, right?” he said, in that exceptionally apt phrasing. “We made the best decision we could at the time.”

Paula Gillespie, 51, a retired respiratory therapist in Arlington, Tenn., couldn’t believe it when her husband came home with a slide-in camper for his truck in the spring. “We always dreamed of getting a camper or small R.V. to travel with,” she said. “One day he just drove up with it.”

While she appreciated the gesture, she soon realized she wasn’t comfortable with it. “The thing is too big for his truck and dangerous, and I absolutely refuse to go anywhere with it due to the dangers of it,” she said. It cost $10,000 and they still haven’t used it.

This wasn’t the first time she had a large toy on her hands that would just sit there. Last year her husband, a 69-year-old disabled veteran, came home with a used fishing boat from 1985. It cost $2000, and he swore he would use it in the spring and summer.

“We don’t have a lake or place for him to use the boat anywhere near us,” she said. “It has sat in our yard since he purchased it.” (They will try and sell when the economy improves.)

Maureen Rashidifard, 38, a health physicist in Exeter, N.H., is an unapologetic impulse buyer. “I have been making these impulse buys as long as I have had the money to do so,” she said. “I honestly don’t believe I will ever learn my lesson on this.”

During the pandemic she bought a fold-up board that has bungee cords attached for resistance training; a sewing machine; a TV with a built in DVD player, and roller skates. “I fell so hard that my hat flew off my head, and I had to walk home in my socks carrying my skate, and I haven’t touched them since,” she said.

Then there was Muzzy, a program developed by the BBC to teach children a new language, which she bought for her 4-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son in March. “In my head I was like, ‘Wow, this is going to be the past passive language learning experience for my kids. They will be bilingual in no time.’”

Ms. Rashidifard’s own parents had seen Muzzy as a waste of money. Now that she was in charge she bought the “every language version,” justifying the cost by the fact that pricey extracurricular activities were canceled.

Nine months later no one in her household is speaking a new language. “Maybe my daughter will surprise me one day and converse with someone in Mandarin, but I highly doubt it,” she said.

Up in Toronto, Lebani Osmani, 26, a freelance stylist, was browsing Nordstrom Rack in April when he came across a beige Dries Van Noten suit.

“I had no occasion to shop for, I was just bored at home, so I thought let me do retail therapy,” he said.

He had always loved that label, and the price was unbeatable: 450 Canadian dollars, about $350. So he bought it without trying it on.

When Mr. Osmani got home and put the suit on, it fit him perfectly. But he was overcome with guilt. “I was having a little bit of buyer’s remorse, thinking where am I going to wear this suit? Everything is closed; we are all in lockdown,” he said.

Mr. Osmani tried on the suit a few more times at home before returning it a week in a half later. But that action triggered a new feeling: remorse for his buyer’s remorse.

“I regret taking it back,” he said. “I’m actually going to go look now to see if they still have it.”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yeah, I coped a Switch, Animal Crossing & four controllers the week of r...
Jan 04th 2021
lmao I bought a Switch + AC in September
Jan 04th 2021
Damn playa!!! lol...what am I missing??? I get immediately bored when I ...
Jan 04th 2021
      crazy right? I live alone, been WFH since March
Jan 04th 2021
imagine playing Animal Crossing then quitting after 15 min...
Jan 04th 2021
Who or what is the New York Times Post?
Jan 04th 2021
LOL!!Damn...I didn't even peep that lol..this some Fake News for real fo...
Jan 04th 2021
LOLLLLLLL
Jan 04th 2021
*picks up copy of Atlanata Journal Constitution-Tribune*
Jan 04th 2021
*visits c-n-n.com for news*
Jan 04th 2021
lol
Jan 04th 2021
lol
Jan 04th 2021
oh shit.. lmao. They got me
Jan 04th 2021
Seems like an aggregator of the two. This is definitely a real NYT artic...
Jan 04th 2021
Ugh I already read half.
Jan 04th 2021
I wanted Animal Crossing to be Miitomo
Jan 04th 2021
Ive definitely done this
Jan 04th 2021
Apple Arcade might be worthwhile to explore. $4.99/month and
Jan 04th 2021
I have that as part of the Apple One thing but haven't explored too much...
Jan 04th 2021
nintendo games are so fun for local multiplayer
Jan 04th 2021
this might be me with mario kart live
Jan 04th 2021
I've replaced buying records with buying guitar equipment
Jan 04th 2021
im tempted to get a midi keyboard
Jan 04th 2021
      unless you are really invested in a midi keyboard
Jan 04th 2021
           yeah i would probably start with something under $200
Jan 04th 2021
                My inexpensive M-Audio MIDI controllers work great.
Jan 04th 2021
you were heavy into wax earlier this year
Jan 04th 2021
      yeah
Jan 04th 2021
NYTP swipe.. lmao.
Jan 04th 2021
I don't get it. This was in NYT as well
Jan 04th 2021
      weird. maybe they are trying to corner the times/post market
Jan 04th 2021
my handgun haha
Jan 05th 2021
now that you mention it lol.....
Jan 05th 2021
Mine has been locked and unloaded for years
Jan 05th 2021
I heard folks going through boxes on new year's and iI cringed
Jan 05th 2021
what if you'd be safer without it
Jan 05th 2021
i have been fine without it. but had a dude walk into my spot
Jan 06th 2021
If you're talking about the slide release, skip that and pull the...
Jan 05th 2021
      RE: If you're talking about the slide release, skip that and pull the...
Jan 06th 2021

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 10:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yeah, I coped a Switch, Animal Crossing & four controllers the week of r..."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jan-04-21 10:05 AM by FLUIDJ

release.
We probably played that joint no more than 10 times.....
Animal Crossing is boring as hell IMO....
And like the woman in the article says, waaaaay too much work for little reward.
The kids kinda like it...but they don't do anything but run around and get in the water....
I ended up getting Mario Cart and they play it a little more...but still not like a WHOLE lot...the 4-year old still don't have the hand coordination needed to really get into it...and the 8-year old just gets frustrated when she crashes....

I lightweight want to sell the damn thing...but I know I'll regret it if they suddenly show more interest... I remember how out of the loop I felt growing up as the only kid without a NES or Sega...don't want them to have that feeling of being left out.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 10:24 AM

2. "lmao I bought a Switch + AC in September"
In response to Reply # 0

My first console buy in LIFE. And I played it daily for like 3 months straight. Have fallen off the past couple weeks (when I had the most down time strangely) but that's in part b/c I need to cut my screen time WAY down.

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 10:30 AM

3. "Damn playa!!! lol...what am I missing??? I get immediately bored when I ..."
In response to Reply # 2

to play it....

I guess I just got too many responsibilities with my old ass lol....

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 10:38 AM

4. "crazy right? I live alone, been WFH since March"
In response to Reply # 3

The life I lived was completely shut down by the panny. I needed an outlet. Like I said the past couple weeks are the least I've played. Pivoting to reading again, watching sports.

I had it bas though. Playing before bed and first thing when I woke up. Playing in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. It was a mess.

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57004 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 10:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "imagine playing Animal Crossing then quitting after 15 min..."
In response to Reply # 0

....with the conclusion "i don't really like video games"

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 11:59 AM

6. "Who or what is the New York Times Post?"
In response to Reply # 0

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:06 PM

7. "LOL!!Damn...I didn't even peep that lol..this some Fake News for real fo..."
In response to Reply # 6

lol

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "LOLLLLLLL"
In response to Reply # 6

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:23 PM

10. "*picks up copy of Atlanata Journal Constitution-Tribune*"
In response to Reply # 6

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:37 PM

14. "*visits c-n-n.com for news*"
In response to Reply # 10
Mon Jan-04-21 12:39 PM by flipnile

@

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:31 PM

12. "lol"
In response to Reply # 6

flipnile
13573 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:33 PM

13. "lol"
In response to Reply # 6
Mon Jan-04-21 12:34 PM by flipnile

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 01:01 PM

21. "oh shit.. lmao. They got me"
In response to Reply # 6

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15299 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 03:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
30. "Seems like an aggregator of the two. This is definitely a real NYT artic..."
In response to Reply # 21

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/02/style/the-year-of-buyers-remorse.html

I remember seeing it in the app this weekend so I didn't even double take at the weird page formatting in OP, just figured it was some weird feel good/wellness branding for a lighthearted start to 2021.

But this IS word for word a NYT article.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Triptych
Charter member
30124 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 02:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
28. "Ugh I already read half."
In response to Reply # 6

http://instagram.com/yogikenan
http://instagram.com/shotbykenan
http://stackoverflow.com/users/43089/triptych
http://github.com/djtriptych

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:22 PM

9. "I wanted Animal Crossing to be Miitomo"
In response to Reply # 0

And it just wasnt
There have been a good deal of purchases during this time that I'm good with but my biggest regret was the Oculus.

I wanted to do VR "travel" since we were locked in and damn near every game/app is a shooter

For a while I worked on developing my own app, but as the baby got closer I ran out of time for that.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:26 PM

11. "Ive definitely done this"
In response to Reply # 0

It gives me something to be excited about and look forward to. I just bought a bath robe. It came and I remembered why I didn't already have one - I dont like them.

I got a Switch last Christmas and don't really use it much anymore. I played Mario Oddessy and Zelda a bunch. Mario Kart is always fun. Terrible at Smash Bros and have no one to play it with anyway. I don't Animal Crossing at all. Lost interest after a few days. Seems like big games for Switch have dried up lately. I don't have much of an attention span for video games anymore anyway. I mostly like stuff that you can just pick up and play without having to remember a bunch of complex controls or story lines.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:42 PM

16. "Apple Arcade might be worthwhile to explore. $4.99/month and"
In response to Reply # 11

the games are pretty straightforward to get into.....
One thing about games that I've always hated was the time commitment to just get into them....
I want to just turn the shit on and play....

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:46 PM

18. "I have that as part of the Apple One thing but haven't explored too much..."
In response to Reply # 16

Mostly just a Spongebob game thats pretty fun haha. I do like that theres no money commitment to trying a game out (beyond the sub price) and no in app purchase BS.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

mista k5
16414 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:47 PM

19. "nintendo games are so fun for local multiplayer"
In response to Reply # 11

without that they lose a good chunk of their appeal. obviously mario and zelda are exceptions.

supposedly covid really hurt nintendos plans for 2020 releases and they will have a big 2021.

mista k5
16414 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:37 PM

15. "this might be me with mario kart live"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jan-04-21 12:43 PM by mista k5

i have used it like 3 times. i do like it but its just a bit of a hassle to use it. i already had a switch so it was "only" the $100 for the kart/game lol

i think records was my big unnecessary spend through the year. i do listen to them but not enough to really justify spending so much plus um i can listen to most the albums on streaming and all if i stuck to local storage.

i was thinking of getting a ps5 or series x but i think i might chill on that for a couple of years, at least. i ended up getting a free stadia premier kit which i didnt know what i would do with. i tried it and um its dope. so bought cyberpunk (got another free premier kit which i re-gifted) and rdr2 using google credit. if i didnt end up trying stadia i probably would had bought a ps5 in spring and it most likely would just be sitting there unused most of the year.

i have bought a few games for the switch and havent played them much yet but im working my way through them. i thought about animal crossing for a bit but i know im not looking to spend so much time on one game and would probably not end up getting into it. botw is a bit too much of a chore for me and thats mostly optional and the game has much more to it than just mindless tasks.

flipnile
13573 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:46 PM

17. "I've replaced buying records with buying guitar equipment"
In response to Reply # 15

Just got a new speaker to put into my amp yesterday. Got a few new pedals earlier in the year.

Biggest reason I don't play my records enough is organization. I realy need to build better shelves. I still have stacks in boxes on the floor. I also need a new needle.

mista k5
16414 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 12:51 PM

20. "im tempted to get a midi keyboard"
In response to Reply # 17

not sure i would stick with it though. might keep it as a consideration for when i get my yearly bonus.

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 01:09 PM

23. "unless you are really invested in a midi keyboard"
In response to Reply # 20

do not spend bug money on it.

I got one for $100 and it works fine. Nothing soecial and feels a bit cheap but its just for fun.

Sometimes i think we like to get the top of the line or spend good money knowing damn well it might collect dust in a few months.

mista k5
16414 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 01:12 PM

24. "yeah i would probably start with something under $200"
In response to Reply # 23

would need to do some research. im really not sure i would pull the trigger on one.

flipnile
13573 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 03:04 PM

29. "My inexpensive M-Audio MIDI controllers work great."
In response to Reply # 24

I have the barebones Keystation versions. One was $75 new, the other I found on the curb (someone tossed it, lol). Only thing they really lack is weighted keys. Boards with weighted keys (like a real piano) cost quite a bit tho.

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 01:05 PM

22. "you were heavy into wax earlier this year"
In response to Reply # 15

I appreciate wax but its really a clunky way to listen to music in 2021

if the records could flip themselves it would be worth it but constantly having to stand close to the turntable gets old real quick unless you are spinning records as a DJ.

mista k5
16414 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 01:19 PM

26. "yeah"
In response to Reply # 22

>I appreciate wax but its really a clunky way to listen to
>music in 2021
>
>if the records could flip themselves it would be worth it but
>constantly having to stand close to the turntable gets old
>real quick unless you are spinning records as a DJ.

^ all of this. i still like having the records and dont see myself getting rid of them. i will still keep buying more but i think its going to stay at a slower and slower pace. from august 2019 to about january 2020 i bought around 100 records. ive added about 60 more since. there are only about 10-20 records i still really want. that would increase to around 50 if i include "classic" rock. im in no rush to fill that out.

i have this weird habit of only playing a record once and trying to make sure i listen to each record i buy before i put it in the shelf. i dont want to play a record twice until i clear my queue. i have broken this a few times but i feel that is also adding to not playing them as much as i want to. i need to just get through the queue and try playing records that i feel like playing. i might end up playing them more often.

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 01:14 PM

25. "NYTP swipe.. lmao. "
In response to Reply # 0

Nopayne
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
52628 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 02:23 PM

27. "I don't get it. This was in NYT as well"
In response to Reply # 25

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/02/style/the-year-of-buyers-remorse.html

---
Love,
Nopayne

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Mon Jan-04-21 04:11 PM

31. "weird. maybe they are trying to corner the times/post market"
In response to Reply # 27

stealing clicks from the post

rawsouthpaw
Charter member
15496 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 01:45 PM

32. "my handgun haha"
In response to Reply # 0

felt this briefly as a first time gun owner for home defense, in part thanks to covid too...the switch for the slide is hard as fuck to release as designed with the right thumb and i'm a southpaw (duh) so i initially thought i would have to learn to shoot right handed. i am going into training soon with someone highly skilled with both hands so i'm anticipating two hand slide workaround instruction.

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 01:54 PM

33. "now that you mention it lol....."
In response to Reply # 32

Mine been in the safe since the day I got it....
Ain't even had a chance to go to the range yet...only got about 150 rounds stacked....
My dad texting me pictures of his new piece all week and asking me why I haven't been to range and shit.... smh....
Not remorse, but damn he be having me feeling guilty as shit lol...

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 05:26 PM

35. "Mine has been locked and unloaded for years"
In response to Reply # 33

Which is exactly what I hoped for.
"Don't pull that thang out unless you plan to bang"

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

flipnile
13573 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 06:58 PM

37. "I heard folks going through boxes on new year's and iI cringed"
In response to Reply # 33

>Mine been in the safe since the day I got it....
>Ain't even had a chance to go to the range yet...only got
>about 150 rounds stacked....

They apparently haven't seen the price and availability of ammo recently.

Still gonna hit the range, but really just to get my sights pointing right.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 05:15 PM

34. "what if you'd be safer without it"

idk

you seem to have been safe while being largely unable to use it but

at least you bought an expensive tool that could be used to kill a person in your home. the place where you live all the time.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

rawsouthpaw
Charter member
15496 posts
Wed Jan-06-21 02:03 PM

38. "i have been fine without it. but had a dude walk into my spot "
In response to Reply # 34

before one night years back and i was able to get him out without violence. he creeped up into my spot at like 11pm with lights on in my place and i handled it with what i had available. i didn't rush out to buy a gun after but became way more open minded about the possibility of needing it given various factors, and am properly training in technique and the law about use in the home with a new progressive gun club. i'm also now well into jiu-jitsu training, recently learning about disarming someone and shredding their shoulder. so i got it, but thanks for the concern.

flipnile
13573 posts
Tue Jan-05-21 06:48 PM

36. "If you're talking about the slide release, skip that and pull the..."
Tue Jan-05-21 06:51 PM by flipnile

>the switch for the slide is hard
>as fuck to release as designed with the right thumb and i'm a
>southpaw (duh) so i initially thought i would have to learn to
>shoot right handed.

...slide back again (to disengage) and let it go. I never use that button to release on a handgun, as it's kinda jarring to my hand that way.

I feel you on the southpaw thing tho (I'm a righty tho), as the safety, mag release and slide release are usually on the left side for right thumbs.

Oh, and if you haven't shot it left-handed yet you still have a bonus surprise of the brass being flung at your face, since the ejection port is usually on the right side.

rawsouthpaw
Charter member
15496 posts
Wed Jan-06-21 02:13 PM

39. "RE: If you're talking about the slide release, skip that and pull the..."
In response to Reply # 36
Wed Jan-06-21 02:19 PM by rawsouthpaw

>...slide back again (to disengage) and let it go. I never use
>that button to release on a handgun, as it's kinda jarring to
>my hand that way.

word thanks... yeah that spring is no joke!

>I feel you on the southpaw thing tho (I'm a righty tho), as
>the safety, mag release and slide release are usually on the
>left side for right thumbs.

mag release is ambidextrous at least

>Oh, and if you haven't shot it left-handed yet you still have
>a bonus surprise of the brass being flung at your face, since
>the ejection port is usually on the right side.

good times! when i eventually cop a rifle it might be a custom lefty build. i suppose learning to shoot both hands with the handgun will be a way to hold my interest in shooting / range time.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13418454 Previous topic | Next topic