Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13418133

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 12:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Handed in my resignation
Dec 30th 2020
I turned down a gig over the title
Dec 30th 2020
I am tired of being tired
Dec 30th 2020
Anyways, while I have my head on my shoulders here's who I donated to
Dec 30th 2020
      The National Diaper Bank Network
Dec 30th 2020
      The San Antonio Food Bank
Dec 30th 2020
      South Alamo Regional Alliance for the Homeless
Dec 30th 2020
      Capital Area Food Bank
Dec 30th 2020
      Girl Scout Troop 6000
Dec 30th 2020
      Food for the Holidays
Dec 30th 2020
      RAICES Texas
Dec 30th 2020
white girl I went to HS with said she would save a pet before a person
Dec 30th 2020
Sounds like she was looking for some attention.
Jan 01st 2021
I’m scared to ask why the stock thread was locked
Jan 01st 2021
the last CW where someone asked about a locked thread went away lol
Jan 01st 2021
Abused dudes on Power Trips
Jan 01st 2021
Not to mention the fact that many comments were deleted.
Jan 01st 2021
      and they deleted yours too???
Jan 01st 2021
           Yeah. The dude that did the deletion and locks pure Mitch Made
Jan 01st 2021
Jan 02nd 2021
                     What kind of mess is that. We haven't broken any rules.
Jan 03rd 2021

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 08:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Handed in my resignation "
In response to Reply # 0

Next Friday will be my last day after almost six years with the company. Feels good. Had suffered a major career setback three years ago. There was a risk for a while that if I got laid off or quit I would have been ruined. So I had to suffer through bullshit and solidify my standing in the industry to this point where two competitors vied to poach me.

I always tell mentees know the title you want as you leave. Don't leave with less than that unless staying will set you back even more. I walked the thin line of that but it worked out fine. Now my career is back on track and I am so thankful. Have a week off in between and hoping find an overnight spa that's safe for me and the Mrs.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79585 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:53 AM

11. "I turned down a gig over the title"
In response to Reply # 1

they changed the title and I was like nah.. actually my FIL was like “nope, if they change the title before you start, they will likely change other things as well”

best decision I ever made.

plus the PTO was booty. Half days on holidays because their stores are open? FOH.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:12 AM

2. "I am tired of being tired"
In response to Reply # 0

What a draining and demoralizing year
There will come a time when things will be better ... but that time isn't soon.
Going to take a few days off work just to lay on the couch for a bit.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:30 AM

3. "Anyways, while I have my head on my shoulders here's who I donated to"
In response to Reply # 2

This year.

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:32 AM

4. "The National Diaper Bank Network"
In response to Reply # 3

Who We Are

The National Diaper Bank Network (NDBN) provides basic necessities required to build the strong foundations all children, families, and individuals need to thrive and reach their full potential.

We work in partnership with our Network of diaper banks, allied programs, donors, sponsors, and elected officials to end diaper need and period poverty in the United States.

https://nationaldiaperbanknetwork.org/ways-to-give/

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:34 AM

5. "The San Antonio Food Bank"
In response to Reply # 3

https://safoodbank.org/donate/

OUR STORY
Fighting hunger and feeding hope in San Antonio and Southwest Texas.

The San Antonio Food Bank takes pride in fighting hunger, feeding hope in our 16 county service area. We believe that no child should go to bed hungry, adults should not have to choose between a hot meal and utilities, nor a senior sacrifice medical care for the sake of a meal.

Founded in 1980, The San Antonio Food Bank has quickly grown to serve 58,000 individuals a week in one of the largest service areas in Texas. Our focus is for clients to have food for today but to also have the resources to be self-sufficient in the future.

Fighting hunger is our number one priority but we also serve to educate and provide assistance in many other ways. We achieve this through our variety of programs and resources available to families, individuals, seniors, children, and military members in need.

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:36 AM

6. "South Alamo Regional Alliance for the Homeless"
In response to Reply # 3

The SARAH Story

In 2015, the South Alamo Regional Alliance for the Homeless (SARAH) was designated as the lead Continuum of Care (CoC) agency for San Antonio and Bexar County. The SARAH alliance of service providers, board of directors, and people with lived experience of homelessness guide community-wide planning efforts, strategically allocate resources and drive change to provide supportive housing to all. Our goal is to ensure everyone has a place to call home.
Our Mission

Our goal is to ensure everyone has a place to call home in San Antonio and Bexar County.
Our Vision

SARAH will help place everyone in a home through funding, education, empowerment and accountability.
Our Values

• Listen to people with lived experience
• Engage with mainstream systems to house everyone
• Use data to make decisions about resource investments

• Educate service providers to improve programs
• Drive systems to prioritize vulnerable people without a home
• Lead systems change to provide supportive housing for everyone

https://www.sarahomeless.org/
https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=YSLFE4AHBPH38

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:38 AM

7. "Capital Area Food Bank"
In response to Reply # 3

https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/donate/

We work with 450+ nonprofit partners across the region.

Together, we provide more than 45 million meals every year.
Providing food to help people thrive today

The Capital Area Food Bank is the anchor of the hunger relief infrastructure in our region, providing more than 45 million meals to people in communities across D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. But we don’t stop there, because we know that creating long term solutions to hunger requires more than meals. It requires education, training, and opportunity. In short, it demands ideas that address the big picture. That’s why we’re approaching the problem in multiple ways: providing food for today, and addressing the root causes of hunger by partnering with organizations that provide critical services like job training programs and health care.

Without good food, everything becomes more difficult—including thinking, learning, growing, and staying healthy. Every day, our partners, donors, and volunteers help to change that for thousands of people in need by enabling us to source, and distribute an average of 88,000 daily meals—more than 45 million meals a year.

Here’s how it works.
Food Donations

As the leading hunger relief organization in our region, our scale allows us to work with partners across the food system, from food distributors and retailers to restaurants, farms, and individuals.
Want to help?
Donate Food
Donate Money
Our Distribution Center

Food donations come to our 123,000 square-foot distribution center, where our staff and 20,000+ annual volunteers sort and prepare items for distribution. Every year, our warehouse fills up and empties again 11 times over.
Want to help?
Volunteer Opportunities

Nonprofit Food Assistance Partners

We’re able to provide food to kids, families, and seniors in neighborhoods across our region because of our hundreds of nonprofit food assistance partners. From larger partners such as Martha’s Table, Bread for the City, Manna, and Food for Others to smaller soup kitchens and pantries, we provide the food that more than 450 organizations need to feed the people they serve.
Partner With Us
Our Neighbors in Need

Every day, there are thousands of people in our community wondering how they’ll put food on the table for themselves and their families. Our partners, contributors, and volunteers make it possible to bring nourishment and hope to those who are struggling.
Need food?

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:39 AM

8. "Girl Scout Troop 6000"
In response to Reply # 3

Troop 6000TM is a Girl Scout program specially designed to serve girls in the New York City Shelter System.

Our long-term goal is to expand this program across New York City so that each week, Girl Scouts will meet in shelters across the city. Meetings will be led by trained troop leaders.

We invite you to help us ensure that girls and women in the New York City Shelter System have the opportunity to enjoy all that Girl Scouting has to offer.

https://www.girlscoutsnyc.org/en/whatgirlsdo/gs-troop-6000.html

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:42 AM

9. "Food for the Holidays"
In response to Reply # 3

ABOUT
Throughout the greater DC, MD and VA region, unfortunately to many people are food insecure – meaning they may not know where their next meal will come from. Food For The Holidays seeks to bridge the meal gap, connecting individuals with the nutritious meals they desire on holidays throughout the year.

We have selected (4) annual holidays to provide full meals to families:
Easter
4th of July
Thanksgiving
Christmas

https://foodfortheholidays.org/about-us

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 11:46 AM

10. "RAICES Texas"
In response to Reply # 3

What We Do
LEGAL SERVICES

We provide affirmative, defensive, and litigation services to low-income immigrants.

With more immigration lawyers than any organization in Texas, in 2018 RAICES managed 37,863 cases at no cost to our clients. Without pro-bono legal services most of our clients, including children of all ages, would have to go to court alone, with zero representation. We believe no child should go to court alone.

Our legal services extend from low-cost residency and citizenship services to pro-bono representation for families and children in detention, with service offerings for Residency & Citizenship Services, Asylum Seekers, Removal Defense, DACA, Legal Representation for Family and Children, and more.

https://www.raicestexas.org/what-we-do/?emci=86cbbf53-b237-ea11-a1cc-2818784d084f&emdi=5fbf8006-da37-ea11-a1cc-2818784d084f

------

legsdiamond
79585 posts
Wed Dec-30-20 01:38 PM

12. "white girl I went to HS with said she would save a pet before a person"
In response to Reply # 0

like if you were in a car accident with your kids and puppy and she rolled up she would save the dog first..

lets just say she aint been posting on threads since that shit. Maybe i blocked her but she married a Black dude who was self hating (her words, long story) and was friends with a bunch of us growing up.

anyway.. not sure why she thought that statement wouldn't have people calling her out.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Jan-01-21 07:06 PM

18. "Sounds like she was looking for some attention. "
In response to Reply # 12

That mess is right up there with people saying that pest are their children or babies.

Life is Good.

legsdiamond
79585 posts
Fri Jan-01-21 09:50 AM

13. "I’m scared to ask why the stock thread was locked"
In response to Reply # 0

cant discuss finances on here?

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Fri Jan-01-21 12:54 PM

14. "the last CW where someone asked about a locked thread went away lol"
In response to Reply # 13

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Jan-01-21 07:07 PM

19. "Abused dudes on Power Trips"
In response to Reply # 14

Life is Good.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Jan-01-21 02:40 PM

15. "Not to mention the fact that many comments were deleted."
In response to Reply # 13

Life is Good.

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Fri Jan-01-21 03:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
16. "and they deleted yours too???"
In response to Reply # 15

i dont get it

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Jan-01-21 07:01 PM

17. "Yeah. The dude that did the deletion and locks pure Mitch Made "
In response to Reply # 16
Fri Jan-01-21 07:06 PM by Case_One

There was no reason to lock either post or delete my comments in those post. Nor was there any reason to delete my post fpor 2021. I havent broke any rules. But if I inbox Triptych or CyrenYoung both will claim to not know anything about it. I doubt that it was CyrenYoung becasue he doesn't seem to care about the Stock post. But Triptych has been in hi feeling about the subject and me in general.

Life is Good.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Sat Jan-02-21 09:51 PM

20. "."
In response to Reply # 17
Sat Jan-02-21 09:52 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

yeah last time I comment on this I got deactivated so yeah.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Sun Jan-03-21 09:47 PM

21. "What kind of mess is that. We haven't broken any rules. "
In response to Reply # 20

Life is Good.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13418133 Previous topic | Next topic