Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13417943

Subject: "Eatin' Spam and Oreos and drinkin' Thunderbird baby (c) McDonald's" Previous topic | Next topic
dagu
Member since Nov 25th 2005
1651 posts
Sun Dec-27-20 01:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Eatin' Spam and Oreos and drinkin' Thunderbird baby (c) McDonald's"

https://www.eatthis.com/mcdonalds-spam-oreo-burger-china/

McDonald's Just Released Their Weirdest Burger Yet
It's got canned meat... and cookies.

By Mura Dominko
December 21, 2020

Just when you thought you'd seen it all from McDonald's—cue the Flaming Hot Doritos Quarter Pounder and Hula Burger—the fast-food chain is raising eyebrows again with its latest menu creation. This time, the brand's bizarre burger concoction combines super-salty meat with a super-sweet cookie for a mashup that's equal parts intriguing and questionable.

According to the Associated Press, McDonald's just released the "Lunchmeat Burger," aka a Spam burger topped with Oreo cookie crumbs. But you won't be able to get this burger by driving to your nearest Mickey D's… considering the item is only available in China. (Here are 8 other major changes McDonald's currently has in the works.)

The burger consists of two thick slices of Spam, Oreo cookie crumbles, and mayonnaise—which, in fairness, provides all the elements for a really juicy flavor bomb (salty, sweet, and fatty).

Some are calling this an attention-grabbing move, and they're absolutely on the money. McDonald's is trying to stand out in an intensely competitive Chinese fast-food market by testing a truly original, slightly ridiculous combo to see if it sticks.

However, we may be judging the Spam-Oreo burger too fast. According to one consumer comment obtained by AP, the burger is, in fact, really good. "I thought it was delicious," said a comment signed Feifei "Mao Enthusiast" on the Sina Weibo microblog service. "Is that because I love McDonald's too deeply? Or is something wrong with my taste?"

Others are definitely more skeptical. A comment left on McDonald's microblog account said, "There is no need to release unnecessary products," and it received more than 2,000 "likes," according to AP.

McDonald's also announced that this offer is actually quite exclusive, which is sure to bring the Lunchmeat Burger even more notoriety. The company said it only plans to sell 400,000 sandwiches as part of a "members only" promotion on Mondays in China.

---------------------

http://www.last.fm/user/dagu85

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I do love both of these things separately
Dec 28th 2020

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Mon Dec-28-20 08:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I do love both of these things separately "
In response to Reply # 0

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13417943 Previous topic | Next topic