Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13417736

Subject: "I'm in Twitter jail, 'chall doin over here? " Previous topic | Next topic
DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Tue Dec-22-20 08:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I'm in Twitter jail, 'chall doin over here? "

Any oldheads around?
. . . If I have something to say when there is a reason involved, I am perfectly willing to talk. Katherine Hepburn

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
What you in for ? I told Mitch McConnell to die.
Dec 22nd 2020
Told Trumper to step on a rusty nail and die
Dec 23rd 2020
*daps*
Dec 23rd 2020
this is part of why i hate twitter
Dec 23rd 2020
      I hear you 99%. But I would *definitely* tell Mitch McConnell to die in ...
Dec 23rd 2020
      I'd like to believe i would but it would likely be some jerk store shit
Dec 23rd 2020
      LOL I hear you.
Dec 23rd 2020
      I would punch him in the face on sight and happily do time for it
Dec 23rd 2020
           Mannn right ?! Worth every minute of jail time.
Dec 23rd 2020
      Twitter for me is just a place to shitpost.
Dec 27th 2020
           Twitter is MEGA biased.
Dec 28th 2020
What you done did?
Dec 22nd 2020
* leaves a half a hundred in your commissary *
Dec 22nd 2020
Appreciate that. Ballin! n/m
Dec 23rd 2020
lol
Dec 23rd 2020
nice
Dec 23rd 2020
Ha! nm
Dec 25th 2020
hey there
Dec 23rd 2020

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24413 posts
Tue Dec-22-20 09:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "What you in for ? I told Mitch McConnell to die."
In response to Reply # 0

Got out this morning. Was my first bid.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

DaHeathenOne76
29362 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 08:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Told Trumper to step on a rusty nail and die"
In response to Reply # 1

You know regular stuff.

Brew
24413 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 11:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "*daps*"
In response to Reply # 4

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 12:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "this is part of why i hate twitter"
In response to Reply # 1

but am still drawn to it at times.

it makes me feel free to say shitty things to people i would never in a million years say in person.

its not even that i think MM deserves respect. my auto reply to Limbaugh is 'aren't you dead yet?. I could probably convince myself that these people are so terrible that if they didn't have security I would walk up to their face and say this but i wouldn't.

i generally try to come at people online how i would in person. Twitter is the only platform that makes me want to abandon that.

Brew
24413 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 04:14 PM

11. "I hear you 99%. But I would *definitely* tell Mitch McConnell to die in ..."
In response to Reply # 10

I'd probably say way worse.

So while I agree with your sentiment in other instances, with people like Moscow Mitch, Trump, Limbaugh, Lady G, and their ilk, I would have ZERO hesitation about saying this shit to their stupid fucking faces. Therefore I have no problem saying it online.

But with you otherwise - at times I have to take a second and make sure my tone is right before I respond to people on twitter. Which isn't very often in the first place (I usually just retweet).

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 04:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "I'd like to believe i would but it would likely be some jerk store shit"
In response to Reply # 11

where i choke and fantasize about what i should have said

Brew
24413 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 07:28 PM

13. "LOL I hear you."
In response to Reply # 12
Wed Dec-23-20 07:35 PM by Brew

That'd have probably been me during the Bush years. Bunch of bitching and tough talking in private only to freeze if I ever actually got the opportunity to tell that whole administration they are ghouls.

The anger is more visceral this time around. And probably forever. I had a Zoom call w/some high school friends last weekend and a kid I've known since kindergarten identified himself as "conservative," but confirmed that he didn't and would never vote for Trump or anyone like him ... and I still went off on him.

I felt sorta bad about it, but not all that bad. Taking it easy on these people and pretending their viewpoints are actually reasonable is partially why we keep going through this cycle of dems/progressives fixing everything, only for repugs/conservatives to ruin everything all over again 8 years later. So I have no more patience for "conservatives" at all, ever. I'm never the first to bring up politics at like parties or get togethers, but if someone else does and they identify as conservative, they're gonna fucking hear it lol.

My wife cringes at me now but *shrug*. lol

None of this is to say that you or anyone else should behave this way, just to be clear. Haha. Just speaking to the fact that my patience has fully run out for all of 'em and so I'm prone to snap off at any time, forever lol.

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18627 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 09:16 PM

14. "I would punch him in the face on sight and happily do time for it"
In response to Reply # 11

Brew
24413 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 10:30 PM

15. "Mannn right ?! Worth every minute of jail time."
In response to Reply # 14

The other inmates would leave you alone too. Win win win win win.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Sun Dec-27-20 10:21 AM

17. "Twitter for me is just a place to shitpost."
In response to Reply # 10

Until last year, it was one of my most abandoned social media places. I only used to go on there and live tweet Eagles and Cavs games for the most part, occasionally.

then it became an information absorption portal/shitpost center.

I actually play it cooler than I'd like to on certain topics, because I don't like Twitter's moderation.

It's OK for people to say all this shit to one another for the most part (if you don't get reported for it), but if you say it to a Protected Class of accounts, you're outta here.

I've seen people get targeted with reports and THEY get the boot, when they didn't do anything but post journalistic material.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Mon Dec-28-20 05:50 PM

18. "Twitter is MEGA biased."
In response to Reply # 17

Only their protected class can say whatever they want on there. For the rest of us, one wrong move that they don't like, even if it's within guidelines, and they are quick to suspend you.

Since 1976

Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Dec-22-20 10:38 PM

2. "What you done did?"
In response to Reply # 0

@geahuwine

Triptych
Charter member
30124 posts
Tue Dec-22-20 10:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
3. "* leaves a half a hundred in your commissary *"
In response to Reply # 0

http://instagram.com/yogikenan
http://instagram.com/shotbykenan
http://stackoverflow.com/users/43089/triptych
http://github.com/djtriptych

DaHeathenOne76
29362 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 08:11 AM

5. "Appreciate that. Ballin! n/m"
In response to Reply # 3

. . . If I have something to say when there is a reason involved, I am perfectly willing to talk. Katherine Hepburn

Brew
24413 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 11:48 AM

6. "lol"
In response to Reply # 3

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 12:14 PM

8. "nice"
In response to Reply # 3

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

vik
Charter member
13505 posts
Fri Dec-25-20 03:13 PM

16. "Ha! nm"
In response to Reply # 3

---

But hell, what do I know?

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Wed Dec-23-20 12:44 PM

9. "hey there"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #13417736 Previous topic | Next topic