Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13416199

Subject: "Florida man: coach banned for life" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Florida man: coach banned for life"

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/georgia-youth-football-coach-banned-for-life-after-assaulting-player-lebron-james-speaks-out-on-incident/

I can’t believe none of the other parents stepped up and checked dude immediately.

and he was a counselor for a sheriff’s dept. Makes sense

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
he aint even sorry he just regrets doing it on the field
Dec 11th 2020
he just wished he did it later.. smh.
Dec 11th 2020
Pop Warner Football Coaches... smh
Dec 11th 2020
good. looks like he never should've been there in the first place.
Dec 11th 2020
man, Lord....if that's my son...
Dec 11th 2020
these are the type of dudes who never played the game
Dec 11th 2020
      yep...mofo shaped like a Mrs. Buttersworth bottle
Dec 11th 2020
           I mean, that's not a good indicator of past playing history.
Dec 11th 2020
                lol...I was really funnin with that line
Dec 11th 2020
                     i know, i was too. just pointing it out, lol.
Dec 11th 2020
he's not being arrested for assaulting a fucking child?
Dec 11th 2020
mom said she didn't want to press charges. this is so stupid
Dec 11th 2020
      not pressing charges??
Dec 11th 2020
           dude works for the sheriff's department though
Dec 11th 2020
                guessing, but she probably thinks this is how its supposed to be.
Dec 11th 2020
                     jail, dead or deadbeat because if he was around and allowed this
Dec 11th 2020
                          right?
Dec 11th 2020
abuse is not discipline..that's some bullshit
Dec 11th 2020
the part that really has me pissed is...
Dec 11th 2020
      if only he was actually thinking instead of just being angry,
Dec 11th 2020
He's from Savannah & was in Florida just for a football tourney (link)
Dec 11th 2020
and mfers wonder why i coached EVERY sport any of my kids played.
Dec 12th 2020

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "he aint even sorry he just regrets doing it on the field"
In response to Reply # 0

and not in the locker room or bus ride home

maaaaaaaan

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:31 AM

3. "he just wished he did it later.. smh. "
In response to Reply # 1

imagine the abuse these kids get at practice?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:21 AM

2. "Pop Warner Football Coaches... smh"
In response to Reply # 0

sure there are some great guys out there coaching these kids. Helping raise young men and all that.

But for everyone of those, you get an Uncle Rico living-out-my-dreams-on-the-gridiron types too

tariqhu
Charter member
17885 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "good. looks like he never should've been there in the first place."
In response to Reply # 0

Imagine what he would've done in private.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:38 AM

5. "man, Lord....if that's my son..."
In response to Reply # 0

dude would be getting WORK. How did not one parent rush out there? Some of these dudes really think they Bear Bryant or some shit, out here. Breh...nobody care about your coaching legacy. You supposed to be teaching and helping young men, first and foremost. Your win loss record is not gonna be in your obituary.

Donnel Allen

Sunrise ____ Sunset _____

Donnel went 27-28 over four seasons with the Orlando Salamanders 8-heavy team.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:40 AM

6. "these are the type of dudes who never played the game"
In response to Reply # 5

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:48 AM

7. "yep...mofo shaped like a Mrs. Buttersworth bottle"
In response to Reply # 6

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 12:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "I mean, that's not a good indicator of past playing history."
In response to Reply # 7

My cousin was a starting NFL lineman for multiple seasons.

He looks like what you'd imagine an NFL lineman post-retirement looks like.

Some drop the weight. SOME DON'T.

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 12:24 PM

12. "lol...I was really funnin with that line"
In response to Reply # 11

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 12:28 PM

13. "i know, i was too. just pointing it out, lol. "
In response to Reply # 12

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 11:53 AM

8. "he's not being arrested for assaulting a fucking child?"
In response to Reply # 0

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 12:11 PM

9. "mom said she didn't want to press charges. this is so stupid"
In response to Reply # 8

i'd have been on that field so quick... how the hell did not a single grown up step in? I'm not even saying fight that man, but you 100% have to snatch your kid off that field and call the authorities.

Dude is gonna wind up coaching somewhere else for sure. Friday Night Tykes got people fucked up.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

tariqhu
Charter member
17885 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 12:40 PM

15. "not pressing charges??"
In response to Reply # 9

her mind is probably in the same space as the coach's.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 01:15 PM

16. "dude works for the sheriff's department though"
In response to Reply # 15

i mean, i don't know what mom's motivation was, but dealing with the law in small florida towns is something i'd probably think twice about doing. She could also see it as healthy discipline, which is a terrible lesson to teach a kid.

It's also weird that it's the mom's decision to press charges or not. They got a grown man abusing a kid on camera - it shouldn't really matter if mom says it's cool or not. It's all so dumb.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

tariqhu
Charter member
17885 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 02:27 PM

19. "guessing, but she probably thinks this is how its supposed to be. "
In response to Reply # 16

like it'll make him tougher or some other trying to man up her son. but she needs to get counseling herself so she can understand this all better.

wonder where the father is.

but yeah, charges should happen even without her.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 04:11 PM

20. "jail, dead or deadbeat because if he was around and allowed this "
In response to Reply # 19
Fri Dec-11-20 04:12 PM by BrooklynWHAT

SSSSSSSSSSSS
MMMMMMMMMMMM
HHHHHHHHHHHH

my pops would've been dribbling that fat mf's head off the pavement like he was kyrie

<--- Big Baller World Order

tariqhu
Charter member
17885 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 06:44 PM

21. "right?"
In response to Reply # 20

my dad wasn't around, but my momma wouldn't tried something.

if that was my child, we all going to jail.

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 12:13 PM

10. "abuse is not discipline..that's some bullshit"
In response to Reply # 0

his response tells you his mindset. so glad he's banned for life.

i hope he doesn't have kids at home, sheesh

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 12:40 PM

14. "the part that really has me pissed is..."
In response to Reply # 10

dude slaps the kid...walks around, curses and does some tough guy posturing. In that time, he could have thought to himself...damn, I took that too far. Nope. He had time to think and still arrived at...lemme go slap the shit out of this 9 year old child, again. Fuck him.

tariqhu
Charter member
17885 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 01:16 PM

17. "if only he was actually thinking instead of just being angry, "
In response to Reply # 14

he wouldn't be viral for beating up kids. this will probably affect his job status too.

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22289 posts
Fri Dec-11-20 01:56 PM

18. "He's from Savannah & was in Florida just for a football tourney (link)"
In response to Reply # 0

He's been fired from his job. He was a counselor in a detention center with the Sherriff's office. He is now facing charges.

The fact that he thinks his mistake was doing it in public and not in private speaks volumes.

https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news/local-coach-sheriffs-office-employee-fired-after-viral-video-hitting-child-player/

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – A now-fired youth football coach and Chatham County Sheriff’s Office employee caught on video striking a player will face child abuse charges, according to a Florida official.

The coach, identified as Gerrel Williams, was seen screaming, slapping a player’s helmet several times, at one point knocking the child to the ground. The video was posted on social media and has since gained viral attention.

The incident happened Dec. 7 in Kissimmee, Florida, where the Savannah Gators were reportedly competing in the American Youth Football (AYF) National Championship.

The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office in Florida was contacted the following day to review a video showing possible child abuse. According to an incident report, a deputy reviewed the video and made contact with the player’s mother who “specifically stated she did not want to press charges.”

The sheriff’s office instead sent an information report to the Department of Children and Families.

However, on Friday, Osceola County Maj. Jacob Ruiz confirmed to News 3 the decision has been made by the sheriff’s office and local state attorney’s office to file charges for child abuse, regardless of the parent’s decision.

“I’m not going to make excuses for what I did. I was wrong. I shouldn’t have disciplined him in public, I should’ve waited until we got back,” Williams said in a video shared by a friend on social media.

“At the end of the day, I apologize to him, the kids, the city down here and my family back at home,” he continued.

Williams said the player and his parents have forgiven him.

Still, many in Savannah and across the nation expressed outrage over the incident. Athletes, including Lakers star LeBron James, took to social media to condemn the coach’s actions.

“Couldn’t be my kid,” James wrote in an Instagram story, adding, “If I (was) there and it’s not even my kid we gone have more than words for sure.”

Screenshot of James’ Instagram story
Savannah State University alumnus and NFL player Shannon Sharpe tweeted: “If that’s my child, I’ve got to have him.”

Meanwhile, a statement from AYF says Williams — who coached 9-year-old players — is banned for life from the organization and any of its events. He is also prohibited from entering the venue.

AYF says all of its coaches go through a complete background check, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concussion training, and coaching training. Coaches are also required to sign an annual code of conduct, which AYF says Williams violated.

The Chatham County Sheriff’s Office issued a statement to News 3 saying they “are very disturbed” by Williams’ actions and do not condone his behavior.

As of Thursday, Williams is no longer an employee of the sheriff’s office. Officials say he was a counselor in the detention center.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sat Dec-12-20 11:40 PM

22. "and mfers wonder why i coached EVERY sport any of my kids played. "
In response to Reply # 0

rec league. hs varsity. aau. all. that. shit.

i played too much and know the type of folks that be coaching.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Lobby General Discussion topic #13416199 Previous topic | Next topic