Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13413293

Subject: " Y’all ready for CBS: Big Brother Hoboken??? " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Tue Nov-10-20 02:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
" Y’all ready for CBS: Big Brother Hoboken??? "

CBS vows for 50% representation of POC’s for all their reality TV shows.

This should be fun.

https://ew.com/tv/cbs-reality-series-casting-representation/

In an interview with EW, Rector suggested his outspoken criticism of the show's diversity issues was one reason he never appeared on the show again for one of its All-Stars seasons. "If you don’t think racism and implicit bias exists, tell me why has been completely ignored and has NEVER received an inquiry call or invite to even play in a season with all previous winners?," Rector wrote. "(Please miss me with the 'she was boring or not great TV' BS). Subsequently, ten seasons later, Earl Cole, a Black man, finally won and like my sis Vecepia and Marquesas, was largely ignored by showrunners ... Television, specifically the Survivor franchise, has a responsibility and the power to represent a more just and equitable playing field as a benchmark of real progress for ALL people, and not some concession of perceived power or standing that had to be compromised by one group to another."

Personally, these shows are awful and bring out the worst in people..but hopefully we see more positive from these changes.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13413293 Previous topic | Next topic