Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13413120

Subject: "VF Corp (Timbs, North Face) buying SUPREME for $2.1 billy (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 03:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"VF Corp (Timbs, North Face) buying SUPREME for $2.1 billy (swipe)"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/vans-owner-vf-corp-to-buy-streetwear-brand-supreme-for-2point1-billion.html

VF Corp said on Monday it would pay $2.1 billion to buy streetwear apparel company Supreme, adding another popular brand to the Vans shoe maker’s roster.

VF Corp, which also houses brands such as The North Face and Timberland, said it would make an additional payment of up to $300 million subject to satisfaction of certain post-deal closing milestones.

Shares of VF Corp rose 10% to $77.24 in premarket trading.

It added that current investors Carlyle Group and New York-based private equity firm Goode Partners are selling their stakes in Supreme, which was founded by American-British businessman James Jebbia in 1994.

Known for its red box logo with “Supreme” written in white, the brand has gained a following among “hypebeats,” or fans of the streetwear style, with product launches selling out in minutes and people lining up outside stores for hours.

VF Corp’s deal with Supreme will help bolster its e-commerce business that has become the need of the hour for apparel and footwear makers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The Supreme brand will further accelerate VF’s hyper-digital business model transformation,” VF Corp Chief Executive Officer Steve Rendle said.

Supreme, which has collaborated with many prominent fashion names including Louis Vuitton as well as Nike, Levi and Vans, gets over 60% of its revenue from the online business.

The deal, which is expected to be completed late in calendar year 2020, is anticipated to contribute at least $500 million of revenue and adjusted earnings per share of 20 cents in fiscal 2022.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
They need to cut all skateboarders and Odd Future a check.
Nov 09th 2020
RE: They need to cut all skateboarders and Odd Future a check.
Nov 09th 2020
      Yep
Nov 09th 2020
           Tims, Carhartt.. then you had Dickies for the dudes on a budget...
Nov 09th 2020
Desus & Mero Timbs drop Friday.
Nov 09th 2020
if i rocked timbs i'd be all over the Brown/Green pair
Nov 09th 2020
Can't wait to see Supreme at my local Macy's
Nov 09th 2020
I thought it was an interesting look
Nov 09th 2020
      Yeah exactly
Nov 09th 2020
as afrotek the god put it
Nov 09th 2020

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 04:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "They need to cut all skateboarders and Odd Future a check."
In response to Reply # 0

The brand is about to go commercial just like Timberland and North Face did

Pre 90s

Tim’s were original for lumberjacks and foresters. We were rocking them when they didn’t have company stores and weren’t sold in department stores. We had to go way out to outdoor stores to buy them.

North Face was just used by skiers and winter mountain climbers.

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57003 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 04:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "RE: They need to cut all skateboarders and Odd Future a check."
In response to Reply # 1

>The brand is about to go commercial just like Timberland and
>North Face did
>
>Pre 90s
>
>Tim’s were original for lumberjacks and foresters. We were
>rocking them when they didn’t have company stores and
>weren’t sold in department stores. We had to go way out to
>outdoor stores to buy them.

They were for construction workers too.. Steel toe tims were the boot of choice.

>North Face was just used by skiers and winter mountain
>climbers.

yup, the only kids i knew who rocked northface back then also had the ski lift pass things attached to their zippers.

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 04:38 PM

4. "Yep"
In response to Reply # 3

Shit is wild.

I wish I still had those original Timbs I used to rock. It would blow some minds.

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57003 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 05:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Tims, Carhartt.. then you had Dickies for the dudes on a budget..."
In response to Reply # 4

...i used to work at a army & navy store that sold all these ..in 92 the store started getting different clientele who wanted them not for work but the style

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 04:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Desus & Mero Timbs drop Friday. "
In response to Reply # 0

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 04:50 PM

5. "if i rocked timbs i'd be all over the Brown/Green pair"
In response to Reply # 2

https://images.complex.com/images/fl_lossy,q_auto/yotfeysumkdgxihfedbc/desus-school

it dont get cold enough in NC to really be worth it though

<--- Big Baller World Order

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 05:05 PM

6. "Can't wait to see Supreme at my local Macy's"
In response to Reply # 0

Maybe I'm just old now, but Supreme hasn't been cool to me for a while now. It got too big. I know thats very "I was a fan of the band before they were popular" of me.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 06:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "I thought it was an interesting look "
In response to Reply # 6

and they had some AF1s I liked once

but I'm not spending what that shit costs so that I can rock a big logo that's being worn by so many of the fucking worst people

it's not even like it's nike and there's so many people who wear it it kinda averages out

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 06:24 PM

10. "Yeah exactly"
In response to Reply # 9

I think it used to be like you rocked it knowing most people had no clue what it was, but it garnered a lot of respect in the right circles. You had to be a head.

Now its just LOOK AT ME IM WEARING SUPREME THIS SAYS SUPREME ON IT

Tbh I think the whole sneakerhead/streetwear thing played itself out over the past few years. But like I said maybe I'm just old and washed now.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Mon Nov-09-20 05:10 PM

7. "as afrotek the god put it"
In response to Reply # 0

"Absolutely wild Supreme flipped itself on the secondary market"

https://twitter.com/DUDLAWSON/status/1325894135300173824

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Lobby General Discussion topic #13413120 Previous topic | Next topic