Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13410386

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 03:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I wish Cy would have let Emporer Pilaf cook
Oct 28th 2020
bshelly went from offensive to full racist
Oct 28th 2020
i dont even know him on the boards like that, but than again i'm
Oct 28th 2020
      yep...she bodied him off jump
Oct 28th 2020
           i quit my job as a CEO a month ago cuz one of "him" was on the Board
Oct 28th 2020
the energy here is wild for it to be like 20 or 30 mfs still here lol
Oct 28th 2020
pandemic family feud is kinda weird
Oct 28th 2020
My mom lost another sister this weekend. 2 in one year. Cancer in July.....
Oct 28th 2020
Damn...my MIL has gone thru something similar
Oct 28th 2020
Insomnia + a smidge of depression is a bad mix...
Oct 28th 2020
That thread should’ve stayed open
Oct 28th 2020
Man, I was shocked at the abrupt change
Oct 28th 2020
just another reason we shouldn’t get our hopes up this election
Oct 28th 2020
i forgot what episode in LoveCraft Country
Oct 28th 2020
Episode 2.
Oct 28th 2020
      yep thats it. imma rewatch it again tonight in honor of bshelly.
Oct 28th 2020
I'm glad to see you admit this
Oct 28th 2020
      I mean.. how could I not admit it after he came back
Oct 29th 2020
gonna be dead ass honest about that locked post...
Oct 28th 2020
I've been here 15 years and can't recall anything like that
Oct 28th 2020
Was like a character out of Get Out
Oct 28th 2020
i forgot which okayplayer mentioned white fragility, but
Oct 28th 2020
      why though?
Oct 28th 2020
Man looks like he pays to tickle feet
Oct 28th 2020
yeah...
Oct 28th 2020
plenty of racists are voting for Biden. shit...I'm not convinced Biden
Oct 28th 2020
smh
Oct 28th 2020
voting for Biden makes one not racist?
Oct 28th 2020
      yes...
Oct 28th 2020
Oct 28th 2020
I’ve seen him in OKS but never engaged
Oct 28th 2020
I googled him. seemed legit. doesn't excuse anything though
Oct 28th 2020
n/m
Oct 28th 2020
Team Damali!!
Oct 28th 2020
this is really touching, thank you
Oct 28th 2020
broke my phone's screen for the first time since 2011
Oct 29th 2020
Gatdamn that's got to be frustrating
Oct 29th 2020
So Dude who I talked about last week who borrowed $40
Oct 29th 2020
Early in my career I got hit up twice for money by colleagues
Oct 29th 2020
      Worst part is I stopped working with him like
Oct 29th 2020
Comcast >>>>> Sprint
Oct 30th 2020

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44838 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 09:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I wish Cy would have let Emporer Pilaf cook"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-28-20 09:30 AM by Cold Truth

Because community policing was in full effect, and he was very likely to lose the few voices of support he had in there.

He would have continued to show his ass, and the backlash would have increased.

I get the need to squash shit like like that on site, but the comment that got the post locked was the comment that would have been, IMO, a tipping point.

Frankly, that wasn't the worst part.

He straight up admitted that he would have said something much worse if the account wasn't in his name, because his company searches social media accounts.

Given what he did say, that speaks volumes.

This was a long time member here, who had multiple opportunities to rephrase, clarify, fall back, rethink, and what have you. But at every turn, he doubled down.

It *could* have been a tone deaf attempt that *could* have been clarified, rephrased, and redirected. But to go all in like that, simply because it wasn't welcome with open arms by everyone, particularly since he did have some support behind the OP?

In what was a purportedly a sincere attempt (I disagree, particularly given his reaction to the blow back, but I digress) to illustrate just how bad a Trump win might be across the board, and urge people to vote, he chose to treat it like another trivial OKSports Agenda Wars topic.

He treated it like Kobestan vs Iverstania and Lebronon, complete with 2011 grade message board trash talk.

Far be it from me to say what's in someone's heart. I've crossed some lines here in my time, and had to deal with it. I know without a doubt that my time on OKP has improved me as a person.

But I think he showed that he's harboring some very real Get Out Brand Liberal perspectives, and this was a situation where he very likely would have removed all doubt from even his supporters, in that post and otherwise, had he been allowed to cook a bit more.

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 09:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "bshelly went from offensive to full racist"
In response to Reply # 0

while he was just offensive, chaos agents and slow people were like "hear him out, he has a right to speak" the post shouldnt have been locked, he should have continued getting flamed

I cant wait for this election to come and go so that people can stop talking about it

lsymone
Member since Nov 03rd 2007
7401 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 11:07 AM

10. "i dont even know him on the boards like that, but than again i'm"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Oct-28-20 11:07 AM by lsymone

hardly here.

but i wanted to know who he really is....a white privileged male chauvinist w/ degrees.

and there's some ppl that should be apologizing to Damali.

take a message

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 11:44 AM

15. "yep...she bodied him off jump"
In response to Reply # 10

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 04:55 PM

34. "i quit my job as a CEO a month ago cuz one of "him" was on the Board"
In response to Reply # 15
Wed Oct-28-20 04:56 PM by Damali

i know all the racist code and fake sympathy and woe is my privilege types...i see them coming a mile away..i know how they talk and think...i know how they stand in the way of progress for Black folk

and i got nothing but a fuck you, for every single one.

I announced it to my racist Board in an email months before I quit, told them i was quitting and exactly why, and because they needed my Black ass to keep running the org in the meantime, I got to leave exactly on my own timeline and when I was good and ready.

i'm so exhausted and angry (and still grieving for my dead husband), that i will never again be afraid to speak the truth when i see fukked up shit.

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 09:41 AM

3. "the energy here is wild for it to be like 20 or 30 mfs still here lol"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 09:52 AM

4. "pandemic family feud is kinda weird"
In response to Reply # 0

they separated the contestants when they go up. steve no longer goes right up to them. he stays in a white painted area. yet the families still hug and high five like crazy. no audience, or a very small one. steve stays far away during fast money.

i really need to find a better way to spend downtime while working from home lol

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 10:14 AM

5. "My mom lost another sister this weekend. 2 in one year. Cancer in July....."
In response to Reply # 0

"Natural Causes" this weekend. I think I hit several of the stages of grief last night. Even though it was an old age death, she lived alone and the family didn't know about it for few days. Her body was discovered Monday morning. There were a few more medical details that I won't get in to here that made the Monday morning discovery traumatic for the family. I hate that my mom, her other sister, her brother and the deceased aunt's granddaughter had to see her like that, but you know... it happened. My mom was first on the scene but thankfully those other people all arrived before she was allowed inside.

2020 has been so rough for so many people in so many ways.

I was in the last CW posting RIP to KIM Massie - someone I was merely a fan of not even knowing that a member of my own family was probably passing at that very moment. Ugh!

But I think I am handling it well. Just really worried about my mom.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 10:34 AM

7. "Damn...my MIL has gone thru something similar"
In response to Reply # 5

in the last 3 years she’s buried her fav sister, her mother and just last month it was her other sister.

She’s just going thru the motions right now.

Whenever she calls or needs us. We will be there.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28844 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 10:18 AM

6. "Insomnia + a smidge of depression is a bad mix..."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm convinced 3/4ths of white people are trying to kill me by not following CDC guidelines...

The dow is down because YOU IDIOT JACKASSES are killing off your fellow citizens.

I'm not depressed but I can barely sleep, my appetite is almost zilch, and its too dangerous to leave the crib outside of work.

Started drinking cold brew coffee. It's healthy surprisingly.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 10:36 AM

8. "That thread should’ve stayed open"
In response to Reply # 0

let that man get his medicine.

I played myself thinking dude was being sincere and clunky with it.

White people.. smh.

I fell for the okey doke.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Vector
Member since Jan 05th 2006
16356 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 10:50 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Man, I was shocked at the abrupt change"
In response to Reply # 8

Impressed by the folk who saw through it though.

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 11:15 AM

11. "just another reason we shouldn’t get our hopes up this election"
In response to Reply # 9

White people can’t be trusted.

He belongs to the streets now. Prolly voted for Trump yesterday afternoon.

lsymone
7401 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 11:17 AM

12. "i forgot what episode in LoveCraft Country"
In response to Reply # 8

where the main leading character knows that white folks are not to be trusted or believed, even the ones who give you a warm bed and hot meal....their motive is still the same.

take a message

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 11:35 AM

13. "Episode 2. "
In response to Reply # 12

Right after the Jeffersons song.

lsymone
7401 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 11:53 AM

16. "yep thats it. imma rewatch it again tonight in honor of bshelly."
In response to Reply # 13

take a message

Damali
35865 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 04:57 PM

35. "I'm glad to see you admit this"
In response to Reply # 8

and i will say a hearty "i told you so"...

y'all mofos came for me in that thread like i was wrong...i RESTRAINED myself in my initial comment..

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Thu Oct-29-20 08:08 AM

38. "I mean.. how could I not admit it after he came back "
In response to Reply # 35

and showed his whole ass

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 11:43 AM

14. "gonna be dead ass honest about that locked post..."
In response to Reply # 0

I have never met BShelly in person...but I've interacted with him a TON in OKS, over damn near 20 years. You get to *know* people in all the back and forths, playful jabbing, etc. Folks actually talk about real shit, in the midst of the meathead sports nonsense...marriage, kids, parents dying, health, etc. His initial post had some really shitty wording and people reacted accordingly. His return to the post was actually kinda disappointing. That sounds goofy, I'm sure...to be disappointed by someone you have never met. Fucked up, though. I mean, I didn't lose any sleep over it or anything. Just shitty. I'm as jaded as they come. People in general ain't shit. I didn't expect dude to come back extra strength, like that.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 12:01 PM

17. "I've been here 15 years and can't recall anything like that"
In response to Reply # 14

Not to say it didn't happen b/c it hasn't been a consistent 15, but I've seen enough....and still nothing like that

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 12:02 PM

18. "Was like a character out of Get Out"

i too felt like people were going to hard on him for being tone-def and clumsy, yet ultimately sincere, but instead of shutting him down they made him show his ass.

so fuck me too.

lsymone
7401 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 12:13 PM

21. "i forgot which okayplayer mentioned white fragility, but"
In response to Reply # 18

i immediately went and order White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo based off of that post.

take a message

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 12:30 PM

22. "why though? "
In response to Reply # 21

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 12:03 PM

19. "Man looks like he pays to tickle feet"

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 12:42 PM

23. "yeah..."

I believe cold truth handled it perfectly.

I stand by my original stance. It showed up for me differently because of the “please vote for Biden”. Why would someone say such a thing if they’re racist? He may have felt some way about the reactions the post got but, like I said cold truth handled it...

I’ve encountered bshelly over in sports and he’s always been a shit talker...

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 12:55 PM

24. "plenty of racists are voting for Biden. shit...I'm not convinced Biden"
In response to Reply # 23

ain't racist....

Kamala for that matter....
real talk.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 02:03 PM

25. "smh"

>I stand by my original stance. It showed up for me differently
>because of the “please vote for Biden”. Why would someone
>say such a thing if they’re racist?

tariqhu
Charter member
17885 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 03:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "voting for Biden makes one not racist?"
Wed Oct-28-20 03:41 PM by tariqhu

I never knew....

he started the post begging others to make sure his bubble stays intact. so he's wasn't even showing care for others then.

then came back with the other part. Damali showed yall from ge t what it was and CT put the mortal kombat on him. yallbe giving too many benefits even when they show you the doubts.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 04:23 PM

33. "yes..."
In response to Reply # 31

that’s the bullshit part of what I’m saying, tho...

it troubles me that some expect me to believe as they do, like I can’t have a different opinion. that shit is crazy to me. lol

I’m not a group thinker
we all can’t be zealots
some gonna burn and loot, while some will seek peace...

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 06:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
37. "..."
In response to Reply # 33

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 02:41 PM

26. "I’ve seen him in OKS but never engaged"
Wed Oct-28-20 02:42 PM by legsdiamond

so I thought the OP was sincere yet clumsy with it..

but dude showed us who he really is when he came back extra strenf with it.

Especially on a message board. People say the wildest shit they would never dare say in public to someone’s face.

You know damn well dude prolly ain’t even finish college let alone teach at one. People be lying.

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 02:42 PM

27. "I googled him. seemed legit. doesn't excuse anything though"
In response to Reply # 26

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42760 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 03:57 PM

32. "n/m"
Wed Oct-28-20 04:05 PM by T Reynolds

n/m

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 12:07 PM

20. "Team Damali!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I spent my first ten years on this site never once responding to her or her posts.
I still don’t always agree with her world views, but that’s a me problem, not a her problem
But over the last 2-3 years she’s really started to look like a monument to self determination, preservation, and indignation
Starting some time around the fantasy football league up until giving little tick to white folks

Respect not needed nor asked for
Just declaring.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Damali
35865 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 05:13 PM

36. "this is really touching, thank you"
In response to Reply # 20

simply put, the Trump era has changed me...that is a trite statement, in and of itself, but the layers go deep. i'm more aware of the utter failure this country has been, pretty much the whole time, for the most vulnerable of us...and how complicit liberal white people have been to that failure...i never understood that before and its been heartbreaking and a serious blow to my optimism, in general (i'm working through that)

my anger and defiance has grown, which means i spend my days (since quitting my job) working to direct those emotions into using my time and energy in the most helpful of places...

anyway, i'm constantly a work in progress and its nice to see myself through someone else's kind eyes.

d

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Thu Oct-29-20 10:20 AM

39. "broke my phone's screen for the first time since 2011"
In response to Reply # 0

my phone's case broke yesterday so I took off and ordered a new one. new case is suppose to be delivered today but I dropped my phone this morning... I can't even go 1 day without a case... LOL!

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

vik
Charter member
13505 posts
Thu Oct-29-20 12:04 PM

41. "Gatdamn that's got to be frustrating"
In response to Reply # 39

I don't know how I've managed to navigate life thus far without ever having cracked me cell phone screen.

*knocks on wood*

---

But hell, what do I know?

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Thu Oct-29-20 10:38 AM

40. "So Dude who I talked about last week who borrowed $40"
In response to Reply # 0

a few weeks back and was supposed to re-pay me.

He hits me up again on FB.

I see the message flashing thinking it's him paying me back.

NOPE, just some stupid game invite.

If you're going to borrow money and not pay it back you're supposed to be GHOST.

Don't keep popping up!

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Vector
Member since Jan 05th 2006
16356 posts
Thu Oct-29-20 12:06 PM

42. "Early in my career I got hit up twice for money by colleagues"
In response to Reply # 40

Neither payed me back until I chased them up. Really put me off lending money to folk.

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Thu Oct-29-20 12:39 PM

43. "Worst part is I stopped working with him like"
In response to Reply # 42

8 years ago and wasn't THAT close to him to begin with.

Also after sending him the money I start getting FB messages from fools I haven't spoken to since the 8th grade asking me if I've got Cash App

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13571 posts
Fri Oct-30-20 04:42 PM

44. "Comcast >>>>> Sprint"
In response to Reply # 0

I deal with both.

Comcast Internet has been pretty reliable, and customer service isn't too bad to work with.

Sprint I think about cancelling all my plans with them, getting rid of of phones and never looking back. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13410386 Previous topic | Next topic